Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR & The Mandalorian: Why You Should Play the Bounty Hunter - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageSWTOR & The Mandalorian: Why You Should Play the Bounty Hunter - MMORPG.com

As much as I want to play Jedi: Fallen Order, the Mandalorian’s got me itching for some bounty hunter action, and if you’re feeling the same, I’d like to recommend you check out the Bounty Hunter class in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    The Mandalorian seems pretty cool.
    However, I've played SWTOR before and even tried again last year. It's just not good.
    psychosiz1[Deleted User]Hunctucaveto
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    The bounty hunter in swtor used to be good. But they keep screwing around with so-called class balancing and the class just sucks now.
    Warlyxpsychosiz1Ozmodan
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I was enjoying the missions right up until the end.  I don't care about class balance etc.  The story was interesting then it got to be a slog near the end.  Maybe I just need a break.

It did likely lead to me liking the show a LOT more though, understanding more about the mandalorians.
    psychosiz1

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    In original SWG the BH was usually thought of as the best class, short of Jedi.

I feel like that expectancy became ingrained in many folks' minds, to where they expect BH to be that awesome in other Star Wars games too. But oftentimes, such as in SWTOR, it's just not.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366
    I really liked the bounty hunter story from 1 to 50.
    Octagon7711
  • residentxresidentx Member UncommonPosts: 123
    You are sad...trying to reframe this old content likes it new. Shame on you! This content has been around since 2011.
    Viper482psychosiz1
  • nastilonnastilon Member UncommonPosts: 150
    I subscribed to SWTOR after a couple of years break.

It is refreshing to play a game that doesn't force you to log in and do micro-transactions.

Yes I bought the subscription but I do not mind paying 10€.
    psychosiz1
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

Beyorn said:

was meh until halfway , then it got more interesting
    Aethaeryn
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    residentx said:
    You are sad...trying to reframe this old content likes it new. Shame on you! This content has been around since 2011.
    Yes, there's never any reason to revisit old games or old content. To remind people of how great it is or to just entice people who have never played it to give it a try because of x, y and z.
    Kalinova
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Mandalorian is pretty cool so far. Not digging the 25 minutes of content each episode, especially considering its coming in at $15,000,000 per short episode (the most expensive show of all time). Sure GoT final season cost that but with twice the total run time. 

Either way, nice to get a lunch-break worth of decent star wars in.
    Octagon7711psychosiz1
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Utinni said:

Mandalorian is pretty cool so far. Not digging the 25 minutes of content each episode, especially considering its coming in at $15,000,000 per short episode (the most expensive show of all time). Sure GoT final season cost that but with twice the total run time. 

Either way, nice to get a lunch-break worth of decent star wars in.

Yeah, I'm loving it so far.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    edited November 2019
    Bounty Hunter class story (lvl1-50)is one of the more fun stories in SWTOR. Imperial agent is a nice one too.

But in the expansions you get funneled into the same story like all classes. Until that point you got the chance to act like a freelancer or even a traitor , but entering the expansions you suddenly become their saviour or even save the galaxy (blurgh!). Making your original class story choices unbelievable. The expansion stories only work if you are this goody-do-good boring jedi. Or comical sith villain.
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    @Micheal Bitton. I have criticized this site's reviews in the past. Frankly have lost a lot of faith in MMORPG. But your review was dead on. I played the Mandelorian campaign to the end. Your points are correct, I even appreciated the comment, " the companions that join you often do so with flimsy reasons and you don’t necessarily want all of them on your ship, but you aren’t given a choice in the matter." Is exactly how I felt when I played this class. Very nice review.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Beyorn said:
    TKM/CM was the most popular FOTM PvP template
    TKM/MBH is mostly what I saw for bounty hunting
    MS/MBH a few rolled Master Swordman

I always played Master Pistoleer/MBH even though ranged was not the favored path in that game.

As for SWTOR Bounty Hunter is terrible and I couldn't stand the storyline.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter