Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rockstar Issues Statement Regarding Red Dead Redemption 2 Issues - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageRockstar Issues Statement Regarding Red Dead Redemption 2 Issues - MMORPG.com

Rockstar has issued a statement regarding the issues with Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC, in addition to compensation for players.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    A care package ?Hopefully it includes a hanky.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    Still waiting for it to be released to Steam.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited November 2019
    Got few hundreds bullets in the mailbox. I guess they've gifted me one for each crash I got since PC release.

Jokes aside the game is extremely unstable. In a week I got more disconnects and crashes than in all other games combined during last year. Anthem and Ghost Recon Breakpoint weren't even remotely as buggy as RDR2 yet people ate their developers alive (metaphorically).

edit: update broke the client even further. Map waypoint system ignore mouse and put location into the center of the screen (sometimes into an arbitrary point on screen) + after graphics settings update the game cannot even launch without administrator permissions. Apparently the team has no clue about QA and testing and let the players test defects.
    Post edited by 3dom on

Thank you for your time!

• AyliarAyliar Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Maybe Take 2 Entertainment should take note of this after there last shabby rasslin release. Makes you wonder what’s happening to quality control these days.
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    Games running flawless for me... well, I take that back. It does crash to desktop every now and then but that aside, its running beautifully, especially for a game that's visually stunning at RDR2. Love this game.
    TaishiFox3dom
  • exdeedeedeeexdeedeedee Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Still haven't fixed an issue since day 1 on ps4, online DCs after no more than ten minutes or so. unplayable.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Sorry but we no longer design games,we design cash shops.
    Cash shop works perfectly when our games don't,so what's the problem,as intended.

"visually stunning"Yeah we do trees and grass and empty spaces like no other game.
    Mustikos

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    This is why you should you know test the game before porting? I mean it clearly shows they didn't test this properly or there wouldn't be such a common issue. What happened to game companies doing actual proper Alpha and beta tests? This game went straight to PC after a console port without a good public test. Issues like this could you know mostly be avoided if they cared.
    RexKushmanGdemamiTaishiFox

Wizardry said:

Sorry but we no longer design games,we design cash shops.

Cash shop works perfectly when our games don't,so what's the problem,as intended.

"visually stunning"Yeah we do trees and grass and empty spaces like no other game.

You sound rather bitter.

I think the overwhelming opinion is that the game is a beautiful looking game, regardless of your negativity and bitterness. You have any clue what the geography was like back in the olden days? Wide open territories as depicted in the game with lots of land. Doesn't make it NOT beautiful. Go jerk your meat man so you become less bitter.
    MustikosTaishiFox

nomadie said:

This is why you should you know test the game before porting? I mean it clearly shows they didn't test this properly or there wouldn't be such a common issue. What happened to game companies doing actual proper Alpha and beta tests? This game went straight to PC after a console port without a good public test. Issues like this could you know mostly be avoided if they cared.

The game didn't go "straight to PC"... It took a year. And optimizing a game for an infinite amount of different PC setups is a hell of a lot more difficult than 1298391823 consoles all running the same shitty ass hardware.
    MustikosTaishiFox
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited November 2019

nomadie said:

The game didn't go "straight to PC"... It took a year. And optimizing a game for an infinite amount of different PC setups is a hell of a lot more difficult than 1298391823 consoles all running the same shitty ass hardware.
    So his point about running a beta for the pc still stands or do they think the console beta covered it?

I have the minimum cpu i5 660k and recommended gpu gtx 1060 and game still runs like crap, with hitches, freezes, some weird esc menu that only shows to half (which also shows up in game where if you look up or down and half the circle mini map gets cut off)
    But because it runs flawless for you RS is beyond reproach.

I actually feel robbed as I bought it on ps4 on release and didnt experience this much crap on it. $160 and the platform I want to play it on which their specs say I should be able to runs like shit on all low settings.

I regret not waiting for the steam release for the refund, hopefully by that time they have this sorted.
    MustikosGdemamiTaishiFox
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    edited November 2019
    Honestly? For me RDR2 hasn't crashed that often and I feel people tend to overreact over things like this in an attempt to tarnish a good game and reputation of the company for the sake of their own reputation when it comes to social media, not to mention those who are generally players who just want to join the carebear paddy wagon.

Just the other day I was discussing matters with RDR2 with a friend where he stated the fact that people have been saying there was issues launching the game, that they couldn't get beyond the smoke of the double barrel shot gun at the start. I too experienced this and also found a simple solution; whitelist the game on the virus checker. We then had a lengthy conversation and debate about who was at fault; Rockstar or those who develop virus checkers? I personally feel it's the latter! It's not Rockstar's, or any game developers, responsibility to have their games on EVERY virus checker's whitelist in existence. Some are even unheard of and realistically, since they don't make these programs, it is those who do make them that should be doing their homework and making sure they're not blocking innocent programs themselves!

I find it laughable when people are quick to draw their guns, pun intended, whenever sh*t hits the fan, pardon the expression. I frankly grow tired of it and it's ruining the gaming community as it is also ruining the gaming industry. Pretty soon developers will just shut down and quit because of the masses of ungrateful people and those who feed off of minor setbacks for the sake of popularity.

imageimage

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    edited November 2019

Asheram said:

nomadie said:

So his point about running a beta for the pc still stands or do they think the console beta covered it?

I have the minimum cpu i5 660k and recommended gpu gtx 1060 and game still runs like crap, with hitches, freezes, some weird esc menu that only shows to half (which also shows up in game where if you look up or down and half the circle mini map gets cut off)
    But because it runs flawless for you RS is beyond reproach.

I actually feel robbed as I bought it on ps4 on release and didnt experience this much crap on it. $160 and the platform I want to play it on which their specs say I should be able to runs like shit on all low settings.

I regret not waiting for the steam release for the refund, hopefully by that time they have this sorted.

After reading your specs I'm actually finding it funny and strange you didn't know before purchase you would have issues. Minimal requirement is certainly above the CPU you have and I have the exact same graphics card and had to tweak my game due to the lack of memory it has on it (minimal requirement is at least 3GB and recommended is 5GB). The required specs is clearly covered on the game site, as well as many others, and there is Can I Run It out there too so in my honest opinion you have no real excuse for not checking this yourself before purchasing the game. Frankly this is common sense now days. Infact if it were me selling the game I'd be quite harsh on refunding over such matters due to the problem being yours for not checking in the first place as it's quite clear to me that you hadn't.

Main reason I'm reflecting on what this person said is because once again we have someone who states they're not happy but when turns out it's not the developers at fault nor is it a game problem. I really wish people would start paying attention to what they do and say before they post about it because alot of people don't notice these things and start assuming that it's the game that's the problem and overlook the fact that these people don't do enough homework first of. Also, this isn't a personal attack and pointing fingers, merely pointing out his error and why many out there make such mistakes without thinking things through. Consider it constructive criticism and something to think about. However I do also want to state that what he replied to I agree on, the lack of a public test phase wasn't a good start for Rockstar or this game. Things as simple as not booting the game due to virus checker kicking in could have been discovered and resolved as well as people not being able to play due to low specs could have been looked at and maybe have an option to turn down the game even further. Infact considering the specs of an Xbox One I'm assuming the game should and could run on a lower end system? However I am still grateful to Rockstar for making the game far better looking on PC than it is on console and I'm sure if it didn't we'd have alot of players raging about that too.. I guess you can't please everyone.

imageimage

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 808
    I've been playing the game without any issues. 2k resolution, maxed out settings. I've only disconnected a couple of times throughout my play sessions.
    I like to complain about games.
  • KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    I Haven't even touched the single player portion of this game since I bought it. I have only had one CTD and ZERO disconnects from the server. I'm running everything on either high or ultra as well. I think a lot of people having these issues are lower end systems or something. I'm running this on an i7 8700k not OC 32gb ddr4 RTX 2070 and Samsung EVO 960 m2 drive. I feel bad that so many others are having issues , I had that will not launch error when first loading, but going into the my documents folder, rockstar games and deleting the red dead redemption 2 folder fixed it and I haven't had an issue since.

I'm also running discord,chatty,stream avatars,epic games launcher, streamlabs obs, and my presision x program at the same time that I'm playing this with no issues.
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 808
    Probably true Katilla. I'm running it on a i9-9900k OC 5.0 GHz, RTX 2080 Super Rog Strix, 32 gigs ram 3000 ddr4, and an intel m2 drive. I won't lie though, this game fucking hulks resources. But I've got plenty to spare on my gaming system so it's not too bad. I can see others having some serious issues.
    I like to complain about games.
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    I wrote a Ticket to their Support Team and it s still marked as "open"last Response was 1 Week again with an "Standard" answer. Upgraded the Ticket and still another Week without any Answer. Feels bad....
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

nomadie said:

you may think consoles are "shitty ass hardware", but we've been playing just fine. no issues.
  • DeathtognomesDeathtognomes Member UncommonPosts: 155
    No one listens when I tell them not to preorder as games are launched are know to be buggy, incomplete, and to expect a patch within 7-14 after launch day.
  • KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    one thing I did notice is that it uses at least 5gb of memory when it's runnig
    edited November 2019

Moxom914 said:

nomadie said:

you may think consoles are "shitty ass hardware", but we've been playing just fine. no issues.

That's because optimizing a game for 1 single system is a hell of a lot easier than the infinite variations of PC's. I mean, that's kinda common sense. Why do you think gaming companies prefer console? It's a hell of a lot easier to optimize for. With the ever changing PC components every few weeks when new shit comes out, Im not surprised PC games have issues. In fact it's expected with every PC release. I happen to be one of the lucky ones that's having hardly any issues at all(Minus the CTD every now and then)
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Ok so the latest patch fixed alot and its definitely alot more playable for me now.
    [Deleted User]laserit
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Ridrith said:

I've been playing the game without any issues. 2k resolution, maxed out settings. I've only disconnected a couple of times throughout my play sessions.

Always one guy like this....
    Asheram

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon