Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The sum of all things.

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Visonary Realms are starting to become ALL TALK..... and No Actions ! 

-Facebook 

-A well written web site. 

- A water color map 

- A few testing videos. 

Crowd funding:

They simply went public and took donations too early.  It's like Brad woke one morning and decided to make a game and "first take donations on a whim and a basic idea and a child like water colored map". 

Financially it would be a hard pill to swallow, but "now" present day would have been better timing.

Post edited by delete5230 on

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    DMKano said:
    Number of times your wrong ?
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

They don’t come out and say it but their 100% concentrating on balancing the classes using test zones, and playing around with textures.…. Completely understandable ! 

Here's where thy went wrong, THEY SHOULD SAY THAT.  Instead the overall population thinks this is the game, sure some of it is but for testing balance only….. Pride is stopping them from saying " were experimenting". 

If they are 100% concentrating on balancing classes I've lost all faith/interest in this project. Balance is why classes in MMOs are so boring now.
    Riqqy82
    Utinni said:

They don’t come out and say it but their 100% concentrating on balancing the classes using test zones, and playing around with textures.…. Completely understandable ! 

Here's where thy went wrong, THEY SHOULD SAY THAT.  Instead the overall population thinks this is the game, sure some of it is but for testing balance only….. Pride is stopping them from saying " were experimenting". 

If they are 100% concentrating on balancing classes I've lost all faith/interest in this project. Balance is why classes in MMOs are so boring now.
    I wouldn't be too concerned, along with balancing, their simply working out details on co- operative play and making abilities work along with texturing of the characters and environment.

Balancing everything is a better word.

This is all based on Prof footage shown, other than actual footage everything else are MEANINGLESS WORDS.  It's based off real time..... guessing anything from literature is meaningless.   
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    DMKano said:
    Obviously you have never read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

DMKano said:
    GladDog said:
    DMKano said:

Probably best he doesnt, as he might realize that some of his posts here rival Vogon poetry. 
    Then you wonder why I say ass hole things to you.... You play it just short of being band.  Frankly your just a nasty person, that really never contributes anything but one liners and self proclaimed expertise. 

Trying to be something your not  :p  
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    DMKano said:
    This time it's your wrong, not his wrong.
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    GladDog said:
    DMKano said:

Probably best he doesnt, as he might realize that some of his posts here rival Vogon poetry. 
    Then you wonder why I say ass hole things to you.... You play it just short of being band.  Frankly your just a nasty person, that really never contributes anything but one liners and self proclaimed expertise. 

Have you read your own posts and more importantly do they make any sense to you?
    So you just continue on with insults, this is why your a nasty person !

alkarionlog
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    GladDog said:
    DMKano said:

Have you read your own posts and more importantly do they make any sense to you?

It is not an insult. 

I seriously have a hard time following your posts - my question is serious. 

Do your own posts make sense to you when you read them. 

This is not a snarky remark- serious question 
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    GladDog said:
    DMKano said:

It is not an insult. 

I seriously have a hard time following your posts - my question is serious. 

Do your own posts make sense to you when you read them. 

This is not a snarky remark- serious question 
    So you decide to pretend serious later in the post.... This doesn't get you out of being rude, and to a LOT of others too. 
    alkarionlogbcbully
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    See, you dun did it this time, DMKano!
    [Deleted User]
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Part of the problem delete is that you waffle back and forth. You fret and then you act all patient and understanding.

Take this:

"Seems pledge people start a timer on when a game should be released.

Flip that sand filled hour glass !"

Yet I can't help but think you have a few posts/threads where you fret over them "not being finished."

It's as if you are publicly working it all out. 

[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:
    Part of the problem delete is that you waffle back and forth. You fret and then you act all patient and understanding.

Take this:

Yet I can't help but think you have a few posts/threads where you fret over them "not being finished."

I agree I waffle back and forth (now I'm hungry by the way). Some days I want it and want it now and others I truly understand. This post rules out my emotional state and basted on visual fact and not WORDS..... Were not getting any meat and potato that people were hoping and assuming by now. 

That's because they crowedfunded too early.. Who know the facts of anything ?... no one, simply because words are often meaningless, in this case their all becoming meaningless. 

Just now their answer is "facebook" for chatting reasons.... Really ?.... more talk. 
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    II can't respond directly to the OP because I don't understand the OP. Just grousing about time of production, maybe?

@delete5230, sometimes I think that you should keep a diary of your thoughts and opinions. Diaries are private and don't provoke commentary, and you seem to balk at any commentary that isn't positive.

That would also give you time and space to work out how you feel and what your points actually are, in advance of sharing them, rather than just posting stream of consciousness that many find  irritating. 
    delete5230moshravandal5627

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    II can't respond directly to the OP because I don't understand the OP. Just grousing about time of production, maybe?

@delete5230, sometimes I think that you should keep a diary of your thoughts and opinions. Diaries are private and don't provoke commentary, and you seem to balk at any commentary that isn't positive.

That would also give you time and space to work out how you feel and what your points actually are, in advance of sharing them, rather than just posting stream of consciousness that many find  irritating. 
    How can I argue this..... Your right  ;)
    Amathe
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    Sovrath said:

Take this:

I agree I waffle back and forth (now I'm hungry by the way). Some days I want it and want it now and others I truly understand. This post rules out my emotional state and basted on visual fact and not WORDS..... Were not getting any meat and potato that people were hoping and assuming by now. 

That's because they crowedfunded too early.. Who know the facts of anything ?... no one, simply because words are often meaningless, in this case their all becoming meaningless. 

Just now their answer is "facebook" for chatting reasons.... Really ?.... more talk. 
    Wut?
    [Deleted User]
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    I honestly don’t consider Pantheon your typical crowdfunded game.
    Their initial Kickstarter campaign failed, and up until few weeks ago they never really advertised their funders pack.
    Add to this that their funder packs feels a bit ‘cosmetic’ compared to other games.

In fact I think they should have started the crowdfund marketing much earlier, well before they actually run out if money.

I really hope they can find the money somehow, I think the game is shaping up pretty well.
    I shortened the OP

Sovrath said:

Take this:

"more talk"

yes, but one of your posts (several) was lamenting how you felt they were keeping players in the dark.

See? With you, you  can't win.

You don't have a side. 

I'm a big believe in taking things "how they are." Too many people have the world "in their head" that they think should exist or that everyone wants the same thing.

But that's not how things are. People are who they are. Companies make what they can. Games are what they are and one can take it or leave it.

That's why, as I've suggested, you should just walk away. Because, and I'm pretty sure I could bet on this even though I'm not usually a betting man, if this game does release you will play it for a bit and then you are going to come back here with a long post about how they "almost got it" and that you "tried it" but Visionary Realms was just not able to fulfill the game's potential.

Mark my words, that post is coming.
    vandal5627

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:

Take this:

"more talk"

yes, but one of your posts (several) was lamenting how you felt they were keeping players in the dark.

You don't have a side. 

I'm a big believe in taking things "how they are." Too many people have the world "in their head" that they think should exist or that everyone wants the same thing.

But that's not how things are. People are who they are. Companies make what they can. Games are what they are and one can take it or leave it.

That's why, as I've suggested, you should just walk away. Because, and I'm pretty sure I could bet on this even though I'm not usually a betting man, if this game does release you will play it for a bit and then you are going to come back here with a long post about how they "almost got it" and that you "tried it" but Visionary Realms was just not able to fulfill the game's potential.

I did recently developed a concern. 
    Their experimenting with instancing groups (can't remember details). 

I don't think I'm alone, many assumed it would be a traditional EQ1 but polished.

I'm highly concerned of the outcome, add major coding problems where it will not play well.  
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:

Take this:

"more talk"

You don't have a side. 

I don't think I'm alone, many assumed it would be a traditional EQ1 but polished.

I'm highly concerned of the outcome, add major coding problems where it will not play well.  
    Don't really need to be concerned though. This game likely wont ever launch.
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:

Take this:

"more talk"

You don't have a side. 

well, your not a coder so you really don't have a horse in that race. Would say that an game system has coder challenges.

Are you a backer? I know I am but only for a measly $100. I gave the money knowing full well that the game might not launch or might not be the same game that they initially said they were going to make.

"Making things" is like that. choices and scope change over time. Of course they are going to want to stick with the main idea but this is 2019 and things like instancing do solve issues though they also change things as well.

And maybe that decision will change as well. Or not. Like I said, just stay away, wait it out and once the game releases (if it releases) you can make your choice then. Because otherwise you have several more years of this.

Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:

Take this:

"more talk"

You don't have a side. 

well, your not a coder so you really don't have a horse in that race. Would say that an game system has coder challenges.

Are you a backer? I know I am but only for a measly $100. I gave the money knowing full well that the game might not launch or might not be the same game that they initially said they were going to make.

"Making things" is like that. choices and scope change over time. Of course they are going to want to stick with the main idea but this is 2019 and things like instancing do solve issues though they also change things as well.

And maybe that decision will change as well. Or not. Like I said, just stay away, wait it out and once the game releases (if it releases) you can make your choice then. Because otherwise you have several more years of this.
    No not a backer.  Because my concerns all along about coding, then weeks ago about the instanced grouping..... And like this post, it has a lot of TALK and not much action.  The concerns are slowly adding up as time passes.... However I do believe we will get a game out of all this.

I don't see a problem with changing as time passes. I was always on Brads side with the Vanguard flop.... I may have been on the wrong side all along. I'm slightly unsure now.

I'm backing Stormhaven studios SoL... Their handling their crowfunding way more professional and intelligent.  Infact, it's more an Everquest1 experience than Pantheon. I'm holding myself to the NDA, but I would love to say a lot.