Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else having issues with Steam since the library update?

TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
Seriously every time I exit a game Steam freezes up. I've tried some of the suggested fixes, seems it might just be broken. I can't say I really like this side bar and shelf feature, it's harder to find the games I'm looking for. The only thing I do somewhat like is how game info is all in one place, like community hub ect.
SWG Bloodfin vet
Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Octagon7711Agent_Joseph

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    No problems so far for me.
    PhaserlightDragonJockeyNyghthowler
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Steam is a bit sluggish with the new Library.  I haven't experienced a lock up like described above, but I have almost constant problems with the sidebar not refreshing its graphics completely after another window overlays it.  I'll frequently get a sidebar with the top 10 or 15 games just missing because a game opened a Launch window.  The sidebar also seems to lose 'focus' and the scroll wheel won't operate normally.  Annoying and unpolished, but not critical errors (so far).  My list of games is only 71, so it doesn't appear to be related to an excessively large library.

I haven't really messed with the shelf feature so far.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    The 5th November 2019 client build should have fixed that.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Akulas said:
    The 5th November 2019 client build should have fixed that.
    It didn't fix the problem I was talking about.  Happened about 5 times today.  The freezing issue, maybe, I don't know.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    No problems for me except for the fact I freaking hate it.
    H0urg1assbartoni33jimmywolfPhaserlight
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I have over 370 titles, not sure if that is part of the problem. I did clear my DL cache to see if that had anything to do with it. I don't want to have uninstall Steam and all games just to troubleshoot it, I guess I'll just deal with the crashes.

The only two games I have been playing lately is GTA and Two Point Hospital. As soon as I close a game out the Steam viewer library page is stuck in loading mode and the store won't load at all. Seems to be Steam Bootstrapper that crashes.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I'm not having problems with it when I play or quit games, but goddamn do they really have to copy the Epic Game interface?

I mean, I'm not one of those ravenously angry people at Epic Games exclusives, but their interface is busy, crowded, terrible at relaying information and laggy as shit and I didn't want to see it take hold on steam at all.
  • psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I have some issues sometime but they are infrequent and don't seem to be related to your issue,  I do hope you can get it resolved.  
  • bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Mine also has frozen completely twice....hard boot out. Wont be on steam for a while.
  • fyehu43fyehu43 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Nope, just the occasional lagging here and there.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    no trouble but hate those changes,I wish it is optional,I am like more  old style
    jimmywolf
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    New update today with the fix

"Fixed Steam client crash after exiting some AutoCloud-enabled games"

SWG Bloodfin vet

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    edited February 2020
    Steam has a problem with the Cloud, it even slows the whole internet down for a while until it finishes sinking the game you closed (it could take quite a long time).

I just turned off the cloud and now it work like a charm.
    Not sure if they fixed it Yet, I don’t actually need the Cloud so I never bothered checking.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Torval said:
    I had those freezing issues for a while during the beta phase, but not since.

You can try setting the Library rendered to "Low Performance Mode" but that didn't help me. You can also disable "Community Content" in settings so it won't try and load all that info.

In my instance I have a large library ~350 titles. I also created a lot of custom categories (most dynamic). There is a toggle to display all games or just installed games. If the toggle displayed "all games" my client would often freeze until I exited Steam and restarted. If the toggle was set to just show installed games I didn't get the freezes.

My guess is that the long dynamic lists couple with a bunch of new visual data to download and cache caused my issues. I also keep only installed games visible unless I'm actually downloading new games. I hope it works out for you.
    I think it does have to do with the large libraries (mines 1180 games right now and I had some issues). I tend to just toggle installed games and my issues went away. 

My main issue I've had with steam has been the new friends list ever since it came out. It bugs out sometimes and won't let me have it on one of my monitors, or other times it randomly causes steam to just stop responding.