Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ship of Heroes CCT Beta Day 5 Summarized - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageShip of Heroes CCT Beta Day 5 Summarized - MMORPG.com

Ship of Heroes CCT Beta Day 5 has concluded, with the team sharing out an update.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    I kind of hope this game does well, just need to change that name.
    KyleranMendelretiredmjAlverantkrgwynnead0102wingood
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    We did manage to crash the server. They had limited it to one instance, and as more and more people got on, FPS dropped steadily. Finally, it crashed. That was our goal :)

At the end of the test, we all gathered in the Beta Club. One look at the Beta Club will show you why this game is going to be better than City of Heroes.
    KyleranAmatheGregorMcgregorBlaze_RockerAlverantGladDogwingood

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    "One look at the Beta Club will show you why this game is going to be better than City of Heroes."

I believe you.

But how do I look at it?
    Kyleranretiredmjwingood

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    i want it to be good. but its on a frikking ship..
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Looks like things went pretty well, release still on for 2020, yes?

Cheers 

:) 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

syltmacka said:

i want it to be good. but its on a frikking ship..

The starter zone we were in was at least as big as the zones in City of Heroes. And being on a huge colony ship gives a lot of chances for other ships, planets to visit, and of course other zones on the same ship. When playing it, you don't feel like you are on a ship unless you go to the outer edges and look out into space.

The zone we were in has forests, lakes, beaches, lots of buildings, etc.
    AmatheMendelAlverantTacticalZombehGladDogwingood

------------

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    why dont that ship discover planets? instead of being the ship the zone itself?

Warlyx said:

I think the plan is for the ship to travel to other planets, every few months or so. So there will be zones on the ship, other planets to visit, and other ships. I'm not a developer, so this isn't official or anything.
    MendelBlaze_RockerKyleranScotGladDogwingood

------------

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Tiller said:
    I kind of hope this game does well, just need to change that name.
    That name is just far too close to Ship of Fools.  Just make up a name, like the GFS Wanderer, and use that as the name of the ship and game.  If they already have a name, that's half the work done.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    olepi said:

Warlyx said:

I think the plan is for the ship to travel to other planets, every few months or so. So there will be zones on the ship, other planets to visit, and other ships. I'm not a developer, so this isn't official or anything.
    That's a pretty straightforward expansion plan.  Cycle in new content periodically, with periods where the game was confined to the ship.  It could be as clever as they chose -- an encounter with another ship with a couple of new zones, a star system with multiple planets, and each expansion could trigger a change in the base ship content to change up the basic on-ship experience.  An example: when leaving the planet, an outbreak of a super virus causes all opponents of type X to be 150% tougher for a period of RL time.  I'd love to see that, actually.

versulasGladDogwingood

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    well they can make spaceship pirates and invade our ship or other ships , discover planets and whatnot , that could work

i hope the make it right because we are in dire need of a new superheroe mmorpg (thanks we have COH back but still something fresh is welcomed!)
    versulasBlaze_RockerGladDogwingood
  • AshikuroAshikuro Member UncommonPosts: 68
    I want to like this game, but the graphics are sooo 1999. Are these just bad screenshots? Do the animations and gameplay make up for graphics?
  • doomlord157doomlord157 Member UncommonPosts: 21

Ashikuro said:

I want to like this game, but the graphics are sooo 1999. Are these just bad screenshots? Do the animations and gameplay make up for graphics?

i feel ya on that one, on top of that theres a sub to play
  • WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Pay to dl and a sub ? I don't see a way to dl it on their site.
  • Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370
    edited November 2019

WarWitch said:

Pay to dl and a sub ? I don't see a way to dl it on their site.

A donation of $25 gets you into supporters Betas. This one is coming to an end though, if it hasn't already. Those who reach the goal get emails with information on how to download and access the Betas.
    GladDogwingood

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    When the game releases, there will be one or two city zones.  Depending on how many people sub, they plan on between 2 and 4 major updates a year.  Each update should include either a city zone or a planetfall.  Once we find a certain ******** we will have the ability to go to these planets at will, but that is one of the planned updates.  Until then the palnetfalls will be cyclical.  

While the plans for villains are not set in stone, one popular plan is that villains get their own ship, the FHS Renegade (name is not set in stone either).  This ship has been taken over by the 'morally challenged' with many zones being all out battles with some remaining heroes and the Justice Corp for control.  After villains have caught up to the hero level cap, then a representative from Earth arrives and directs the FHS Justice to pursue the Renegade, and they both end up orbiting a large asteroid.  It turns out there is far more to this asteroid than appears, and heroes and villains are both fighting to control it, i.e. the initial PvP zone.

That is the beauty of the game being on a starship.  The sky is not the limit as far as what you can do.  There is a lot of alien tech out there that we can find and use for the greater good, i.e. make our characters OP...  :)
    Blaze_Rockerwingood

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    I have done a lore check: The "ship" is called 'FHS Justice', Federation Heroship Justice, the baulk of residents are not heroes though.

On a previous thread one of the posters said "why can't we have different origins like mutants". All heroes are mutants or descend from a mutant lineage, this being a by product of the space drive.

My favourite quote form the lore: "There are many alien species in space and some of them do not take the expansion of humans into the galaxy positively." I think that must have been written by Captain Diplomat. :)
    GladDogwingood
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014

Ashikuro said:

Graphics are a bit better than 1999.

However, if you want to play an indy game then you are going to have to get used to things not be AAA.

It's not hard. Maybe even think of it as a retro experience.
    ScotGladDogBlaze_Rockerwingood
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Sovrath said:

Ashikuro said:

Graphics are a bit better than 1999.

However, if you want to play an indy game then you are going to have to get used to things not be AAA.

It's not hard. Maybe even think of it as a retro experience.
    Less funding equals less in the graphics department but I think anyone who played games in 1999 would laugh at the idea this was on a par with SoH.
    GladDogwingood