Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ship of Heroes Provides Update on CCT Beta and Thursday Event - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageShip of Heroes Provides Update on CCT Beta and Thursday Event - MMORPG.com

Ship of Heroes has shared an update on the CCT Beta, in addition to events coming later today.

Read the full story here

Comments

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    how do i get into beta?
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    It's too late to get into this beta. The next beta, which I think will have enemies to fight, is coming up. To get into that one, you need to donate $50 or more to the game's development.
    Blaze_Rocker

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I feel like a kid waiting on Santa. Boy do I want to play this game.
    wingoodBlaze_Rocker

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• retiredmjretiredmj Member UncommonPosts: 160
    How is this supposed to be better/expand on City of Heroes? It appears to be a blatant rip off graphics and all... Which was probably fine until the private servers for CoH went public
    CoH is old, and it looks it. Ship of Heroes did mimic the look and feel, so it too feels like a comic book hero game.

I commented to the SoH devs that CoH is at its high water mark, SoH is below that now. But SoH has potential to rise above the previous high water mark and go further than CoH did. To me, just being in a modern setting, instead of a city from the 1950's, is a nice improvement.

I'm still not sure what the status of the old CoH servers is. As far as I can tell, they are in a grey area and subject to being shut down at any moment.
    wingood

------------

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    well from the screens it seems to light and bright. like champions online. sad.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    syltmacka said:
    If you want something Gotham like I am not sure there is anything out there like that? DCUO was gritty in places.
    edited November 2019

syltmacka said:

It looks different at night. There is a day/night cycle. For many of us, it is too dark at night. There are a lot of dark areas at night.

------------

• Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Yes, the graphics are a bit off but even CoH had a graphics update during its 8+ year run so things can always change down the road. Plus, graphics quality isn't everything in a game. There are people out there playing games that look like hammered dogshit and that isn't stopping them from enjoying themselves.

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.