Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where Is Our Red Dead Redemption 2 Review? - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

Vrika said:

Moxom914 said:

Moxom914 said:

Zerat82 said:

Moxom914 said:

I went in thinking my graphics card, a GTX 1070, was sufficient but I saw articles on Nvidia's User Experience tool say an RTX level card was needed for most 60 FPS resolutions. I had heard Nvidia say 40 graphic options.

This is why some days console, to me, just seems "easier". More plug-n-play.

Be interested to see what it takes on the PC side to get something that looks equivalent to the XBox One level of graphics.

this was one of the main reasons i switched from PC to console. plug and play. the other reason being the console exclusives.
    sure, todays consoles are not at the PC level graphics wise and never will be. to me, though, i cant see a large enough difference anymore to say i play on PC because console graphics are so bad. i play in 4K and it looks amazing. theres a difference, but its so minimal now that that argument is no longer an excuse to why people dont play on consoles. its financially the better choice. 

U are delusional, a good pc has twice the graphic and 144 hz monitor with 144 fps, and vsync , I found it inpossible to enjoy any otehr game than ff15 or alike games on ps4. Its inpossible to enjoy fps games and other ones . Maybe ps5 wil lchange the game

maybe i am. i was a PC elitist for years. but i gotta say, playing RDR2 on my ps4 pro in 4k is great and i have ZERO hardware issues. frame rate is fine and smooth. destiny is also fantastic.  

The PS4 Pro does not render the game in 4K. It’s 1920x2160, or half the total pixel count of 4K. The only console to run the game in true 4K is Xbox One X.

yeah yeah technically we all know its not really 4k, but the upgrade graphics wise and hdr make it look amazing. the point im trying to make is that while a difference can still be seen between PC and consoles, the gap is narrowing significantly. as i stated earlier, i was a PC fanboi and hated anything console. UNTIL I ACTUALLY TRIED IT. there are so many PC'ers out there that trash consoles knowing nothing more than specs. it started by us playing family games then moved on to more serious games. now i have 4 ps4's, 2 xbox ones, and a switch. the switch, by the way, is the most fun of all of them. now my wife and i have 2 desktop PC's collecting dust while the consoles see the action.

The gap, if anything, has grown wider. Faster storage, faster ram, significantly faster processing, and revolutionary advancements such as real time ray tracing are far beyond what consoles are capable of. Console hardware and capability stays static for their 8 year life cycle. PC makes advancements every year. I get what you’re trying to say, but there are objective differences in capability and power that you seem to be forgetting. I own and play on all 3 big consoles (X, Peo, Switch) and also have an incredibly powerful PC equipped with an 8700k and 2080 Ti. I see these differences every day, and they have been growing since Day 1.

The increases in processing power don't translate into anything significant any more. Console is already good enough that throwing more powerful hardware gives smaller and smaller benefits.

Some people want to go for that small graphic quality increase, but I'd say for most people it's so small it doesn't really matter.

Regardless of how one may feel about it, ray tracing is an objectively significant milestone in real time rendering. Consoles are of course fine for most folks. No denying that. But to state processing power doesn’t translate into anything significant is objectively untrue.
    the PS5 will have ray tracing capabilities. 
  • JensynJensyn Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Moxom914 said:

Aww man, don't tell me that.. My wallet is already hurting as it is!
    Bookmarks are for quitters. 
    Jensyn said:
    Moxom914 said:

Aww man, don't tell me that.. My wallet is already hurting as it is!
    it also has a SSD. just not sure of the size. will also work with 8K tv's.
    Jensyn
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    RDR2 is a classic case of "we do not really care to release it on PC but there is money left on the table so lets crap something out in the vain hope that it is so bad that people stop wanting PC ports."

This have been a good conversation

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited November 2019
    I got rid of the freezes by turning all but 2 cores.
    Maurgrim said:
    I got rid of the freezes by turning all but 2 cores.
    i got rid of the freezing by.....wait......i dont have that issue.
  • sipusipu Member UncommonPosts: 200

cheeba said:

Moxom914 said:

Moxom914 said:

Zerat82 said:

Moxom914 said:

I went in thinking my graphics card, a GTX 1070, was sufficient but I saw articles on Nvidia's User Experience tool say an RTX level card was needed for most 60 FPS resolutions. I had heard Nvidia say 40 graphic options.

Be interested to see what it takes on the PC side to get something that looks equivalent to the XBox One level of graphics.

this was one of the main reasons i switched from PC to console. plug and play. the other reason being the console exclusives.
    sure, todays consoles are not at the PC level graphics wise and never will be. to me, though, i cant see a large enough difference anymore to say i play on PC because console graphics are so bad. i play in 4K and it looks amazing. theres a difference, but its so minimal now that that argument is no longer an excuse to why people dont play on consoles. its financially the better choice. 

U are delusional, a good pc has twice the graphic and 144 hz monitor with 144 fps, and vsync , I found it inpossible to enjoy any otehr game than ff15 or alike games on ps4. Its inpossible to enjoy fps games and other ones . Maybe ps5 wil lchange the game

maybe i am. i was a PC elitist for years. but i gotta say, playing RDR2 on my ps4 pro in 4k is great and i have ZERO hardware issues. frame rate is fine and smooth. destiny is also fantastic.  

The PS4 Pro does not render the game in 4K. It’s 1920x2160, or half the total pixel count of 4K. The only console to run the game in true 4K is Xbox One X.

yeah yeah technically we all know its not really 4k, but the upgrade graphics wise and hdr make it look amazing. the point im trying to make is that while a difference can still be seen between PC and consoles, the gap is narrowing significantly. as i stated earlier, i was a PC fanboi and hated anything console. UNTIL I ACTUALLY TRIED IT. there are so many PC'ers out there that trash consoles knowing nothing more than specs. it started by us playing family games then moved on to more serious games. now i have 4 ps4's, 2 xbox ones, and a switch. the switch, by the way, is the most fun of all of them. now my wife and i have 2 desktop PC's collecting dust while the consoles see the action.

The gap, if anything, has grown wider. Faster storage, faster ram, significantly faster processing, and revolutionary advancements such as real time ray tracing are far beyond what consoles are capable of. Console hardware and capability stays static for their 8 year life cycle. PC makes advancements every year. I get what you’re trying to say, but there are objective differences in capability and power that you seem to be forgetting. I own and play on all 3 big consoles (X, Peo, Switch) and also have an incredibly powerful PC equipped with an 8700k and 2080 Ti. I see these differences every day, and they have been growing since Day 1.

You wrong about one important thing.  Console capabilities are not static at all.  The games at the end of the generation are the only ones that fully utilize the power of the console.  And that's if any of them every do.  PS3 never saw that reached. 

And other dude is right also.  Keep throwing your money at that 2% improvement.  My One X looks as good as my $2500 PC.  Oh and it runs RD2 at half the framerate of the One X. 

2500$ is not even close to high end PC cost, so probably the difference is not visible as much. 144hz monitor and 144 fps+ is what shines on PCs.
    Gdemami
  • SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 543

Vrika said:

Moxom914 said:

Moxom914 said:

Zerat82 said:

Moxom914 said:

The increases in processing power don't translate into anything significant any more. Console is already good enough that throwing more powerful hardware gives smaller and smaller benefits.

Some people want to go for that small graphic quality increase, but I'd say for most people it's so small it doesn't really matter.

Regardless of how one may feel about it, ray tracing is an objectively significant milestone in real time rendering. Consoles are of course fine for most folks. No denying that. But to state processing power doesn’t translate into anything significant is objectively untrue.

You are correct that Ray tracing is a milestone, but to say the increase in performance is significant is purely subjective, not objective. At what point does the performance boost become significant? A 10% increase? 20%? 50? That number is different for each person. For someone who finds their current graphics level to be acceptable on console, there is no level of performance that would make the difference significant.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    How often have we watched a gamer...streamer and they stop and say...man i sure wish i had ray tracing or another 5 frames.....NEVER?
    We have heard many a gamer cry foul on poor performance but they can cry all they want,developers are likely NEVER going to put in the proper effort to optimize their games.

Devs PRETEND to care as long as sales keep rolling in,as soon as sales wear thin  it is thanks for your money,see you next advertisement.I hardly doubt more than 0.5% of gamer's will notice ray tracing,that is why the hype advertising has to show us with side by screens otherwise nobody would notice.

Let's cut all the bull,RDR2 wants to  make sales,they have partnered with MANY a business to cater to advertising their product,there is nothing more to it than that.RDR1 was not that good of a game,it was ok but i have had enough of OK games.I do not expect anything more out of RDR2 just a new title a new sell job.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Moxom914 said:
    Zerat82 said:

Moxom914 said:

The PS4 Pro does not have 4k it is just upscaled graphics.
  • SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527
    tawess said:
    RDR2 is a classic case of "we do not really care to release it on PC but there is money left on the table so lets crap something out in the vain hope that it is so bad that people stop wanting PC ports."
    Naw they are pushing the on-line stuff. I would expect them to have DLC type stuff to add maps and missions such in the future. Strictly for their on-line people/service. They do not care if it is on console or PC just so long as they can get people to keep playing and buying on-line.

Way of the future, make and sell a game then add stuff on-line that you can buy to stretch the game out and keep making them money. They want people playing on-line so they can sell them add-on's to the games. Lot cheaper than making a new game. Might as well make that market as big as they can right? 

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    As I usually do with open world games like this, I wait and don't buy them until months later. By then huge patches have hit and the game becomes what it should have been after testing at launch. I have so many other games I'm either in the middle of (Divinity Original Sin 2) or still need to play on my Oculus Rift (Asgards Wrath), I can afford to be patient.

There Is Always Hope!

Ozmodan said:
    Moxom914 said:
    Zerat82 said:

Moxom914 said:

The PS4 Pro does not have 4k it is just upscaled graphics.
    yes, this is no secret. the point was that the game is just as good on console. do a side by side comparison. are the graphics better on PC, yes they are. but the game looks and plays great on a platform costing a fraction of the price. i had sunk nearly 7k in my desktop over several years trying to keep up with the best tech to keep my PC games running at max settings. then i switched to console, only thing i have ever purchased are controllers and an external HD. 
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I only have a 1070 from the first batches of them, and I'm riding that wave out as long as I can. When I start having to play the majority of my games on low I'm sure I'll finally upgrade. It's already starting as I don't get Ultra on Auto-Detect on recent games anymore...ha

Good thing I don't play that many recent games, and there are only a few I'm looking forward to play.

Over my life of playing games for 4 decades so far, the vast majority of the best gameplay has happened on consoles, tbh. Also, I must divulge that I have over 1k games on my backlog on Steam/EGS/Uplay/GOG/Origin/Etc....ha

Graphics are fleeting and yeah I enjoy them to an extent, but move on quickly.

It seems like we're at the cusp of technology eclipsing what our brains can differentiate either way.

What will happen when we break thru that ceiling? Will it even make sense to keep improving?

Gut Out!

What, me worry?