Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The tears are falling because of phase 2

kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
edited November 2019 in World of Warcraft
When I rolled on the new classic servers I went PvE as I always do but I wondered what would happen knowing full well how people who enjoy winning will roll on the PvP servers. The racials favour the Horde and most of the servers now boast an overwhelming Horde presence that are sometimes three times the number of Alliance. 

When Alliance facing these odds realise their predicament many just rerolled on Horde side exacerbating the imbalance. Now with the Honour system being introduced there are numerous threads begging Blizzard to fix the problems and even asking for transfers to PvE servers. One time transfers. 

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/allow-pvp-to-pve-transfers-please/352722

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/phase-2-will-make-the-game-unplayable-for-many/345313

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/am-i-going-to-die-in-phase-2-unimaginably-bad/352746

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/faction-imbalance-ruining-the-game/99099

[Deleted User]AxxarcheyaneScot

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited November 2019
    WOW (pun intended) it's like deja vu and we're back in 2005 again. 

I recall back then wondering why in a two faction game devs wouldn't cap each side temporarily until a proper balance was obtained,  at least on PVP servers.

But hey, it is a true classic experience after all.

;)
    kitaradAxxar

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Kyleran said:
    WOW (pun intended) it's like deja vu and we're back in 2005 again. 

I recall back then wondering why in a two faction game devs wouldn't cap each side temporarily until a proper balance was obtained,  at least on PVP servers.

But hey, it is a true classic experience after all.

;)
    People wanted classic, and thats what they got. I dont see a problem. Its exactly what they asked for.
    Kylerank61977angerbeaverOctagon7711acidbloodfearu

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    The boards are where people go to vent understandably but in this case this has been made far worse by the retail players who don't want classic to succeed coming and writing things to add fuel to the fire. Some even going as far as creating characters just level 10 for the classic avatar so they can post as a classic player. Which was of course was quickly pointed out and roundly made fun of. Won't it be something if they get charmed and stayed to play classic.

The PvP players who are afraid that the players on the faction that boasts fewer players will reroll or just leave calling them special snowflakes and whiners and so on is just unpleasant all round. I mean you're sitting on the faction that forms gank groups and lines of hordes on the way to BRD and you're calling the other group who is often caught alone special snowflakes. 

I feel there is understandably some concern. It may be heart thumping and fun to play but when the odds are overwhelming at some point one just gives up. Take note that the servers are now allowing ten times what they had in vanilla. So finding remote places to level isn't that easy when the world is this crowded.

I don't understand why Blizzard thought it would be a good idea to pack these servers with this many players. Aside from making it decidedly difficult for finding quest mobs and resources you are making it infinitely harder for a faction to find a quiet place to level without being hopped on and killed every 10 minutes.
    Axxar[Deleted User]cheyaneKyleran

• fyehu43fyehu43 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    If you thought the game was already trivial, wait t'ill people have access to honor gear for pve.
    Hatefull

• WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Must be an American problem. 

You should have stayed on a PVE server, also "Classic" has been out for YEARS on private servers and a little research beforehand would have given you some idea to about whats going to happen, full mass murder + minimum maximum stat grinding + gold for consumables for months, it's not that little pretty vanilla game where everyone was a fucking newbie with 2 ppl actually dominating a server. This is straight up guild wars inc. And I DON'T mean that shitty mmorpg
    Kyleranfearu
    I think perhaps the current streamers and followers of streamers generation have a lower tolerance to failing at the game. People tend to quit faster and easier I think now then they did in 2004. This could be why the population imbalance has escalated so quickly and become so glaring. I think newer players are less inclined to endure like they did in vanilla.
    Palebane[Deleted User]cheyaneKyleran

• mmorgclashmmorgclash Newbie CommonPosts: 10
    edited November 2019
    DMKano said:
    14 years later - the game has the same problem- whoda thunk it?
    so true 
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    I don't know why they are complaining... they wanted PVP, they got PVP.  In fact, it's the only version of WoW in which PVP truly exists anymore. 

PVP has ALWAYS been imbalanced.  The faction that is larger controls the server as it always has done.  Problem is, no one wants to be on a PVP server in which they aren't the dominating faction... so the imbalance never gets fixed.  I don't care if it is 2004 or 2019... there was never truly any semblance of balance on PVP servers and there never will be.

You're blaming Blizzard for this.  They aren't going to stop you from playing the class or faction or race or server that you want.  All they can do is warn you.  And warn you they did. 

Not happy?  Reroll.  That's what everyone did back in 2004 and that's what they will do in 2019... IF they really LOVE it as much as they claim they do.

Just wait until Shadowlands and Classic will be called dead... because by then, everything that will be released will have been released and all that is left is repeating the same old content forever... at least on a PVP server you have players to kill as well.

Stop complaining.
    Viper482AxxarKyleranfearu
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    kitarad said:
    I think perhaps the current streamers and followers of streamers generation have a lower tolerance to failing at the game. People tend to quit faster and easier I think now then they did in 2004. This could be why the population imbalance has escalated so quickly and become so glaring. I think newer players are less inclined to endure like they did in vanilla.
    This is just a reflection of recent game design. EVERYONE advances regardless of how they play. I mean, right now on retail, you could've been doing world quests the entire time since the start of the expansion and still be within 30-40 ilvls of 'hardcore' players simply because the development team believes no one should be left behind, so stuff keeps going up every patch to make everyone feel like a winner.
    Kyleran
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    2 faction game with nothing to do but kill...
    Viper482[Deleted User]
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    Whoever cry's over PvP ( with Honor or not ) while rolling on a PvP server, needs to /quit WoW, or re-roll on a PvE server.

I mean how ignorant players are, who rolled on a PvP server, to cry that they will get ganged, owned, etc on a PvP server. Moreso, they "demand" to delay Phase 2 so that they can level to 60 and/or have enough time to grind BiS.

Blows my mind how "entitled" today's MMO players are .. 
    HatefullAxxarKyleranSlapshot1188

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 532
    Oh boy oh boy, here it comes. The downward spiral. 
    Viper482Axxar
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    edited November 2019
    btdt said:
    I don't know why they are complaining... they wanted PVP, they got PVP.  In fact, it's the only version of WoW in which PVP truly exists anymore. 

PVP has ALWAYS been imbalanced.  The faction that is larger controls the server as it always has done.  Problem is, no one wants to be on a PVP server in which they aren't the dominating faction... so the imbalance never gets fixed.  I don't care if it is 2004 or 2019... there was never truly any semblance of balance on PVP servers and there never will be.

You're blaming Blizzard for this.  They aren't going to stop you from playing the class or faction or race or server that you want.  All they can do is warn you.  And warn you they did. 

Not happy?  Reroll.  That's what everyone did back in 2004 and that's what they will do in 2019... IF they really LOVE it as much as they claim they do.

Just wait until Shadowlands and Classic will be called dead... because by then, everything that will be released will have been released and all that is left is repeating the same old content forever... at least on a PVP server you have players to kill as well.

Stop complaining.

Someone is salty they were wrong about classic's impending failure weeks after launch....

It is hilarious to watch all the "told you so" crowd in this thread citing this as the thing that will kill WoW classic, the thing you "always said would fail"! 

Don't worry, one day you will be right and it will die. One day.
    IceAgeAxxar
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    DMKano said:

Fact. Also fact....it has survived 14 years in spite of that problem yet people in this thread seem to think WoW classic is all but dead because of it lol.
    IceAgealkarionlogAxxar
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    DMKano said:
    Problems? From whom point of view?! 

Oh, the casuals, the PvE players? They always cry, no matter what. Yet, they still roll on a PvP server when they have the possibility to play on a PvE server. So who's ..making this "problems"?

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 288
    edited November 2019
    Classic had a fuckton of problems owing to the technology of the day and how inexperienced they were at making these kinds of games. Enjoy I guess.
  • AxxarAxxar Member UncommonPosts: 104
    There are way too many people everywhere now. Not sure what they are trying to do, but whatever it is, it is definitely nothing like the Vanilla experience.
    Kyleran
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,827
    edited November 2019
    Torval said:
    kitarad said:
    When I rolled on the new classic servers I went PvE as I always do but I wondered what would happen knowing full well how people who enjoy winning will roll on the PvP servers.
    Sounds like you knew more than wondered. :lol:

If someone wants to play on a classic server then they should roll on that server. That's how classic communities are built. Re-rolling on a classic style MMORPG server is also one way to keep low and mid level areas populated. 

TL;DR - Server transfers are a bad idea.
    I agree with what you said, the system seems of kilter but server transfers have their own issues and can open a can of worms. Now it is time to take you to task. You wrote four lines, four. Why on earth do a TL;DR for four lines? Are we such morons that we don't want to read four lines!

Phew, I have calmed down now, this is not Twitter or Reddit we don't need a summary of anything longer than a sentence. :)
    Axxar said:
    There are way too many people everywhere now. Not sure what they are trying to do, but whatever it is, it is definitely nothing like the Vanilla experience.
    They increased the capacity on the servers without taking into account that the game in 2004 could never support this number. The mob density and resources are insanely overtaxed.
    KyleranAxxar[Deleted User]

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    bcbully said:
    2 faction game with nothing to do but kill...
    And absolutely no real point to killing....gah....

bcbully

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

I cannot understand this in all honesty. Why pack the servers like this? Are servers so expensive?

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/queues-have-to-be-addressed/100353

2.5k queue with layering

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/2k-ques-on-whitemane/362696

2k queue

Nuts I tell you why be this scroogy  about the servers?

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Dunno.  I’m about level 40 just playing casually with some friends.  Just finished Stranglethorn recently and sure there was PvP but most folks from the other side just walked past you.  Yeah there was an instance where they took over our quest hub and slaughtered everyone for 30 minutes... but that’s what happens in a PvP game.   

Its not like there is any kind of death penalty here.  I mean I walk back for 30 seconds, Rez and move on.  When there is a level 60 rogue being a douche I log on an alt and enjoy my rest XP...

Out biggest issue is more along the fact that we are just getting old.  One guy literally had to stop playing because he had to keep his leg elevated for like 3 weeks, another had to travel for work for 2 weeks.  Starting Monday I’ll be traveling much of the year...   old people stuff.  Much more damaging to a gamer than simply getting killed in PvP.
    [Deleted User]bcbullySandmanjw

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SeidrSeidr Member UncommonPosts: 18
    These tears are short and sweet.
    In Vanilla, nobody endured the PvP train for long, either for being killed endlessly or for how mind-numbingly boring it is to win without a challenge. The biggest fun was random PvP encounters with an occasional raid to *your enemy village of choice*, and then came the battlegrounds to start the actual grind through ranks.
    This history will repeat itself.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,827
    edited November 2019
    One appellation is the answer, RvR. Die hard 'open world PvP' players and care bear PvE players will still complain about RvR. 'Not enough PvP' or 'there is PvP, it is too much'!

But for most players it works perfectly well. You have to be careful about putting the likes of questing content in disputed zones, make sure they are PvP quests and so on. But it has and can be done again. As long as you have three factions, you even have the built in balance mechanism of the two factions not doing so well allying against the one doing best. Realm v Realm is self corrective, making for a solid gaming ecosystem.
  • Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388
    edited November 2019
    Dunno.  I’m about level 40 just playing casually with some friends.  Just finished Stranglethorn recently and sure there was PvP but most folks from the other side just walked past you.  Yeah there was an instance where they took over our quest hub and slaughtered everyone for 30 minutes... but that’s what happens in a PvP game.   

Its not like there is any kind of death penalty here.  I mean I walk back for 30 seconds, Rez and move on.  When there is a level 60 rogue being a douche I log on an alt and enjoy my rest XP...

Out biggest issue is more along the fact that we are just getting old.  One guy literally had to stop playing because he had to keep his leg elevated for like 3 weeks, another had to travel for work for 2 weeks.  Starting Monday I’ll be traveling much of the year...   old people stuff.  Much more damaging to a gamer than simply getting killed in PvP.
    Right now your death has no value other than entertainment value, next Phase your death becomes a valuable currency, something to be constantly farmed. Hope your alt is on a PvE server.
    Kyleran