Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blight Supporter Packs Leaving Path of Exile Store Soon - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlight Supporter Packs Leaving Path of Exile Store Soon - MMORPG.com

Blight Supporter Packs for Path of Exile are leaving the store soon before the next expansion arrives.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    $60 for that package
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    All you PoE experts out there... I'm planning on getting into this game soon, is this worth it for a new player?

$60 isn't really an issue if it is a good value for the money.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

H0urg1ass said:

All you PoE experts out there... I'm planning on getting into this game soon, is this worth it for a new player?

$60 for skins, you still have to pay for stash tabs +other stuff. Most of it is cosmetic, some convenience items.
    https://www.pathofexile.com/shop

Honestly though, the game is free so if anything you could just pretend you are buying the game for $100 and call it a buy to play. I would say its closer to GW2, but with more expensive stuff and no way to exchange ingame currency for shop stuff. It's really no different than what Blizzard is doing to Diablo 4, and you will still drop $60 for that game I imagine. As for me; I just play it as F2P.
    H0urg1assLife2vZenJelly
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430

H0urg1ass said:

I recommend doing it sort of like I did. Play the free version. If you really really like it then start to feel the inventory clutter is getting to you, buy the various improved stash tabs. They make life so much easier. Then if you keep playing, even look forward to the next season, the cosmetics are a good way to help support the game. But they are expensive.

Stash tabs are definitely the first thing to look at purchasing.
    Life2v
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

H0urg1ass said:

PoE is a lot of fun, but the skins are terribly overpriced IMO. As said before, first grab the stashes, which are on sale almost every other week. After that you can optionally get some skins to support GGG for their great work.

On consoles (PS4 for sure) you'll get a freebee when you have the consoles subscription once in a while as well. I've had 2 so far and they held a pet and head skin (worth around $10-$15).
    Life2vH0urg1ass
  • fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 288
    edited November 2019
    You will look like a hobo if you don't shell out for these expensive packs, while everyone around you has all cool looking particle effects and stuff. You should basically consider them along with other things like stash tabs the real cost of the game. You will want them.

Some of the packs, especially the ones that include the full outfit, weapon etc can be hundreds of dollars. Founders of the game can get them much cheaper as well, which piles on the peer pressure to spend big and look good too.

jdnewell
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited November 2019
    I played POE for about 3 months,soon realized it is just a Diablo clone and became bored.Took about 6 months,tried it again,i lasted about 10 minutes then deleted it for good.I do not find these mindless spam killing games fun what so ever and having almost no thinking either just magnifies how bad these arpg's are.Then add in the shallow design,a one trick pony and not even a good one,just boggles my mind how anyone could like this junk.
    Life2v

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Yes I spent mostly on the stash tabs which goes on discount every three weeks I think when I played. I bought a lot of those. I bought some cosmetics to show my support. May be spent about 200 euros in total.

• ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    The package comes with lots of Coins/ Points to buy stash tabs, and other tabs, the skins are just small part of the package, imo the game is only truly playable if you have all the stash tabs for currency items and a few to sell stuff on poetrade.

550 Points
    Sentinel Overlord Forum Title
    Sentinel Overlord Armour Pack (Video)
    Sentinel Weapon Effect
    Sentinel Pet
    Sentinel Overlord Portrait Frame
    Sentinel Portrait Frame
    Blight League Extended Digital Soundtrack

$60USD

imo one of the best games i've played have like 2000k hrs playing in still love it. also check out twitch to watch others play, and i would wait for the new season to start to really get into it.
    Life2vH0urg1ass
  • UnbinoUnbino Member UncommonPosts: 34
    If you are going to start, you can Play for free and if you like the game you should think to pick the stash. But the most important, follow a guide or you are going to die in every combat and you are not going to know even why. When you get into the game and know how it works, only then its very fun to try your own and crazy builds.
    H0urg1ass
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Wizardry said:
    I played POE for about 3 months,soon realized it is just a Diablo clone and became bored.Took about 6 months,tried it again,i lasted about 10 minutes then deleted it for good.I do not find these mindless spam killing games fun what so ever and having almost no thinking either just magnifies how bad these arpg's are.Then add in the shallow design,a one trick pony and not even a good one,just boggles my mind how anyone could like this junk.
    I spend all day at work troubleshooting software issues, database issues, network issues, writing  SOP's, managing a team of system administrators and cutting through acres of bureaucratic red tape in order keep our system up and running another day.

When I get home, sometimes I just want to shut it all down, slam a YouTube video on my other monitor and mindlessly explode hordes of enemies.

I guess if my job was pulling a lever at a factory to stamp a piece of sheet metal for a car door all day, then I'd want to come home and do something a lot more mentally stimulating, but many days I just want make pretty explosions and turn my brain off for an hour or two.
    TillerCryomatrix
  • DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340
    You do get about 55 dollars of cash shop points with the purchase too.
    H0urg1ass
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I ended up getting a couple supporter packages over time, which do tend to give out cash shop currency which if you do get a supporter pack, use the currency for stash tabs like other people are saying. I would wait until they go on sale though. There are certain tabs that prove a bit more useful than others depending on what you do, but I like the currency tab a lot as well as the just normal tabs. I think with one of the supporter packs I got enough currency to get a 10 pack of normal tabs and every type of stash tab while they were on sale (and might have had some left over?) 
    H0urg1ass
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223

Wizardry said:

Playing the game on hardcore is only true way to play it. If you havent tried the game on HC, then you havent played the game.
    H0urg1ass
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Packages are good.

To start playing, dont buy anything, play for free, if yiu get addicted, wait for a sale and buy a few stash tabs and thats it.

You wont need stash tabs until about 20 hours into the game unless you are a hoarder like @kyleran.
    H0urg1ass
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations.