Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Interested in Diablo 4 Cross-Play, But No Confirmation Yet - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlizzard Interested in Diablo 4 Cross-Play, But No Confirmation Yet - MMORPG.com

Blizzard is interested in cross play for Diablo IV, but no promises yet.

Read the full story here

Comments

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Doesn't matter to me, I'll be PC anyways. It would make a difference to my step sister and her bf though. One PC and one PS4. Would be amazing if we could actually play together.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    Cross play is great and all, but I won't be truly interested in it as a subject until we have true cross save.

I want to be able to play Diablo 4 or Warframe on my Switch or PS4 and have that progress seamlessly carry over to my PC when it's time to have a gaming night with friends. And then I want that progress to seamlessly to my console versions. And then when the PS5 and Nintendo Burrito Supreme replace the current consoles, I want that progress to then carry on to those consoles and let the cycle continue. 
    DreamionTacticalZombeh
  • DreamionDreamion Member UncommonPosts: 287
    D4 should go all out with both xplay and xsave. Why not since they'll probably only allow online play anyway
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737

Aeander said:

Cross play is great and all, but I won't be truly interested in it as a subject until we have true cross save.

I want to be able to play Diablo 4 or Warframe on my Switch or PS4 and have that progress seamlessly carry over to my PC when it's time to have a gaming night with friends. And then I want that progress to seamlessly to my console versions. And then when the PS5 and Nintendo Burrito Supreme replace the current consoles, I want that progress to then carry on to those consoles and let the cycle continue. 

So. Destiny 2?
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    edited November 2019

Aeander said:

So. Destiny 2?
    Doesn't Destiny 2 only offer a one time cross save on each platform? As in it makes your second platform a carbon copy of your current progress on your first platform once. And that's it. Because that was the impression that I got from the description.

Because what I want is what Paragon had. All progress on all platforms carries over to all other platforms seamlessly at all times.
  • tool089tool089 Member UncommonPosts: 72

Aeander said:

Aeander said:

So. Destiny 2?

Doesn't Destiny 2 only offer a one time cross save on each platform? As in it makes your second platform a carbon copy of your current progress on your first platform once. And that's it. Because that was the impression that I got from the description.

Because what I want is what Paragon had. All progress on all platforms carries over to all other platforms seamlessly at all times.

It was a one time ‘sync up’, since people had already been playing multiple consoles with different progress on each set of characters, they could link all the licenses they purchased (access to the game with expansions on a specific console) to one cross save account, but had to pick which set of cgaracters to use for future progress. Kinda sucks if you have different god rolls on different accounts.

From this point forward, you can play the game with the same progress on all system. I could even take my shadowkeep weapons onto a New Light ps4 license and use everything, just can’t play the gamemodes (gambit, menagerie, raids) on ps4 I haven’t purchased.
  • tool089tool089 Member UncommonPosts: 72
    I’s be ok with cross save, for D3 I rotate between PC, Xbox and Switch depending on which friend group wants to play. Downside is I have to restart progress on each when a different group wants to play the new season.

Crossplay would be ideal, only have to buy it once and play with everyone. I think the big setback is how some abilities work between PC and console. There’s some point-click movement abilities and are just directional with ‘smartcast’ on console. Basically can’t do a half jump to a specific point.