Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pearl Abyss Announces 3 New IPs - MMORPG.com News

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imagePearl Abyss Announces 3 New IPs - MMORPG.com News

Pearl Abyss announced three new IPs today, all of which are currently in development.

Read the full story here

Comments

• RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    I hope crimson desert is absolutely amazing because they almost killed bdo to make those games.
    We haven't got a meaningfull update to bdo for more than a year.All their devs have been working at these games while bdo has been kept running by a skeleton crew
    Life2v
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Always nice to hear of new mmorpgs in development.

But its probably going to be Korea first West later so 2030 is my guess.
    fearuLife2vDavodtheTutt
  • yphanh2002yphanh2002 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Crimson desert, are they planing it as Black Desert 2.0 ? It seems really like it as well. open world mmorpg
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited November 2019
    > Crimson Desert ... three tribes will fight for control of the Pywell continent.

So - Dark Age of Camelot scheme. But with Black Desert quality of characters (probably). Very interesting. (hopefully it's not mobile)
    wingoodHatefullJensyn

Thank you for your time!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Hopefully at least one of those will have more story and lore than just an incoherent black blob with an electronically enhanced little kid's voice :)
    HatefullJensynDavodtheTutt
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited November 2019
    Shadow ARena coming back. I really enjoyed it before they took it down.
  • PortzPortz Member UncommonPosts: 118
    Finally something new... No date when they gonna release it though.
  • stlordstlord Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Grindson Desert, EXPLOIN8 and Dokep2W are coming.
    PA had reached their trust limit some years ago.
    RoyalValorLife2v
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    How is BDO doing since it released on mobile?
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    I would be excited for Crimson Desert because faction PvP is one of the few things about MMOs that still interests me (and GOOD faction PvP is almost non-existent these days).

But I don't expect a good game. BDO is a boring, overly monetized piece of crap, and the game's endless leveling and passive job system punishes people for having jobs or being unwilling to leave their computers on to job grind all night.
    Azaron_NightbladeHatefulldragonlee66Life2v
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Aeander said:
    I would be excited for Crimson Desert because faction PvP is one of the few things about MMOs that still interests me (and GOOD faction PvP is almost non-existent these days).

But I don't expect a good game. BDO is a boring, overly monetized piece of crap, and the game's endless leveling and passive job system punishes people for having jobs or being unwilling to leave their computers on to job grind all night.
    I hope they do away with the endless leveling crap for the new game too tbh. One of BDO's biggest flaws is that it caters to whales and no-life grinders above all else.

But I'm looking forward to learning more about Crimson Desert for sure.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    With the possibility of these being mobile, I wonder how the new law in China will affect them and other mobile/PC/console based games?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'll believe all of this when I see them out, Pearl Abyss....
  • PsyckedPsycked Member UncommonPosts: 100
    edited November 2019
    DMKano said:
    Remali said:
    I hope crimson desert is absolutely amazing because they almost killed bdo to make those games.
    We haven't got a meaningfull update to bdo for more than a year.All their devs have been working at these games while bdo has been kept running by a skeleton crew

Because BDO mobile has been pulling over 90% of the revenue for BDO- the pc/console is just not that important to them anymore
    Oh boy thank goodness we have someone with inside knowledge to how much this game makes. BOY I'm convinced by this dudes inside knowledge he's laid on us! Everyone should get behind this guy - He's surely legit!
    Hatefullfearu

I am the Cannon Fodder God

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Psycked said:

DMKano said:

Remali said:

Because BDO mobile has been pulling over 90% of the revenue for BDO- the pc/console is just not that important to them anymore

Oh boy thank goodness we have someone with inside knowledge to how much this game makes. BOY I'm convinced by this dudes inside knowledge he's laid on us! Everyone should get behind this guy - He's surely legit!

Pointing out this wasn't me...I agree, but it wasn't me lol.

I wish mobile would go away, but it makes heaps of money, so it won't.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    "three tribes will fight for control of the Pywell continent."

Given BDO's status it's kind of funny they chose a name that's going to be pejoratively memed as Paywall.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    DMKano said:
    How is BDO doing since it released on mobile?

Mobile is generating over 90% of BDO revenue - killing it

They could literally shut down PC and console BDO and not feel much of impact at all
    Had no idea it had that big of an impact thank you for the info.
  • aummoidaummoid Member UncommonPosts: 82
    edited November 2019

DMKano said:

Psycked said:

DMKano said:

Remali said:

https://mmos.com/news/black-desert-mobile-earning-almost-3x-much-money-pc-version

That was last year- mobile has grown tremendously since that point.

Please....lol

According to Pearl Abyss themselves, their Q3 2019 revenue breakdown is 31% PC, 12% Console, 57% Mobile. PC/Console is assuredly still important to them, since it represents 43% of their total revenue.

You could have found this out yourself, and it would have been almost as easy as spouting out misinformation, then sneering at someone for doubting your misinformation.
    Azaron_Nightblade
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    DMKano said:
    Psycked said:
    DMKano said:
    Remali said:

https://mmos.com/news/black-desert-mobile-earning-almost-3x-much-money-pc-version

That was last year- mobile has grown tremendously since that point.

Please....lol
    Never doubt DMkano ...hahaha 

• fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 288
    The owner of PA is working on Crimson Desert, so even if its not mobile level revenue it might at least be a passion project for him. 

I don't expect to see any of these games for a few years in the West though at the very least.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    All 3 sound very sketchy.
    Crimson Desert sounds like a BDO game only likely much worse with a meaningless pve setting that leads to 24/7 pvp in the one zone.

Collectible games=cash shop and not much good for anything else.
    Exosuit shooter..soooooo Anthem all over again?

If anything is mobile,likely the collectible game,then i couldn't care less.How much money mobile makes just tells me the type of gamer's we have now because mobile is instantly a cash shop money grab division,something i would not support.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PurplePepePurplePepe Member UncommonPosts: 122
    I am certain all three titles will be monetized accordingly. They’re doing too well to want to launch BDO Unchained.
  • doomlord157doomlord157 Member UncommonPosts: 21

Kumapon said:

"three tribes will fight for control of the Pywell continent."

Given BDO's status it's kind of funny they chose a name that's going to be pejoratively memed as Paywall.

i was about to post something like this :P
    Kumapon
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    BDO PvP is horrible, so I really don't have much hope for this Crimson Desert shit.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • JensynJensyn Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Please not mobile, please not mobile. The landing page for Crimson Desert is ver handsome. ;)

Bookmarks are for quitters.