Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained October Newsletter Shares Art, Reflects On Updates

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageCamelot Unchained October Newsletter Shares Art, Reflects On Updates

The October newsletter for Camelot Unchained shares new art, as well as reflecting on the past month's updates.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Im rooting for this game, but LOL.
    KyleranMikehaultimateduck[Deleted User]tweedledumb99
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    and a boot to the head
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    7 years later and we have concept art for boots, folks.
    bamwallaYashaXViper482KyleranMikehaLife2vPanzerbeorne39tweedledumb99
  • bamwallabamwalla Member UncommonPosts: 221
    For years I have been telling myself. "but what about the boots? what about the hats?" I can't play a game with poor footwear.
    KyleranLife2vPanzerbeorne39ultimateduck
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    This is how I feel waiting for this game.

Oh come ON already.  This game has been in development longer than some games lasted and it's one of the few that I'm actually looking forward to.

I keep visiting this page and wondering when I'll get to play my Dread Caller and Child of Loki characters that I have planned.

Chop chop, get this shit finished.  You need to be at "every third month is a crunch month" phase at this point.
    [Deleted User]Jilyna
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Hahaha, boots. ffs.
    [Deleted User]
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    God damn...I've complained before when developers are too quiet about a game's status, but this clearly demonstrates that the other end of the spectrum is no better.
    KyleranPanzerbeorne39
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    This is beta......right.
    [Deleted User]
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    edited November 2019
    I keep visiting this page and wondering when I'll get to play my Dread Caller and Child of Loki characters that I have planned.

Um. Those are "extender pack plus" classes and are highly likely not to be in at release. So you will be waiting until something like 2022 to 2023 to play them. :( I am right there with you as my favorite classes that were announced back in 2015 are all ones that aren't guaranteed for launch.
    H0urg1ass

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Viper482 said:

This is beta......right.

They call it that anyway. It's felt a lot more like Alpha 2 than Beta 1.
    Kyleran

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    edited November 2019
    You see stuff like this with regards to the recent announcement delaying a release this year and wonder, if they don't even have boots past the concept phase how in the world could 2019 have ever been a realistic target date? 

Maybe everyone would have run around barefoot? 

:D 
    meddyck

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Viper482 said:
    This is beta......right.
    Yes, this is beta.  But they also have upcoming gamma testing, delta testing, and then maybe even epsilon testing before launch.  The epsilon test will be small, though. </sarcasm>
    meddyckKylerantweedledumb99
  • Morgenes83Morgenes83 Member UncommonPosts: 286

Boot looks great. Hoping to see how rocks came together in next weeks newsletter. Or did they already do rocks and I missed it?

Socks. Its socks which are planned for the next sprint.

As already been said, how was 2019 even a possible date with such fundamental stuff in the backlog and not even begun.

Still waiting for a real world to play in, before I dont even bother updating my client.
    tweedledumb99Panzerbeorne39

1997 Meridian 59 'til 2019 ESO 

Waiting for Camelot Unchained & Pantheon

Boot looks great. Hoping to see how rocks came together in next weeks newsletter. Or did they already do rocks and I missed it?
    IDK about rocks, but I'm in the Beta 1, and dirt clump graphics are on point!  Oh shit, I hope I didn't violate the NDA...
    KyleranPanzerbeorne39JamesGoblin
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    meddyck said:

Um. Those are "extender pack plus" classes and are highly likely not to be in at release. So you will be waiting until something like 2022 to 2023 to play them. :( I am right there with you as my favorite classes that were announced back in 2015 are all ones that aren't guaranteed for launch.
    I haven't been paying that much attention, and now I'm rolling my eyes even harder at this game.

Seven years, my hopes are up to play a true necro class and it won't even be in at launch, but there it is on the goddamn page as a class.

Whyyyyy do I even bother with MMO's anymore.  I have a library of unplayed titles on Steam and all I want to do is join an immersive world and play a necromancer with lots of pets.
    H0urg1ass said:
    meddyck said:

I haven't been paying that much attention, and now I'm rolling my eyes even harder at this game.

Seven years, my hopes are up to play a true necro class and it won't even be in at launch, but there it is on the goddamn page as a class.

Whyyyyy do I even bother with MMO's anymore.  I have a library of unplayed titles on Steam and all I want to do is join an immersive world and play a necromancer with lots of pets.
    You tried the necro in Guild Wars 2?  They have a whole swarm!
    H0urg1ass
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Torval said:
    I didn't want to click on the link because I knew what it was going to be, but like watching a slo-mo trainwreck I couldn't help myself. What else can I say that hasn't been said?
    Smh?
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    There's always a reason this team gives for more delays.

And it always seems legitimate (and I think it probably is).

But at the end of the day, what we're wanting is a good, complete RvR game, and so far that's not close to happening.