Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlizzCon 2019 - World of Warcraft Shadowlands Interview - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 5,023
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlizzCon 2019 - World of Warcraft Shadowlands Interview - MMORPG.com

At BlizzCon 2019 this past weekend, we had a chance to interview World of Warcraft's Patrick Magruder and Michael Biden, asking them about the upcoming Shadowlands expansion of the venerable MMO.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Tykam123Tykam123 Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Im very excited to visit the shadowlands. The zones look gorgeous. I also share your concerns with the covenants. I was hoping we would get the new leveling experience ahead of the expansion, but it does not appear that will be the case. Regardless, im looking forward to this.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    I have held off on retail download until they make the new races more accessible. I hope they make it so I can level a new one from the start in the new expac. No desire to play old toons just to unlock a race.

It will be interesting to see what they do with that.
  • DarthDowtyDarthDowty Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Seems like positive changes, however one thing I'm concerned with, they squish the levels (which I get and agree with) but then add another 10 with the expansion. What is the plan for the next expansion because if its another cap increase that are just repeating the issues of the past surely?
  • ArleeArlee Member UncommonPosts: 65

Seems like positive changes, however one thing I'm concerned with, they squish the levels (which I get and agree with) but then add another 10 with the expansion. What is the plan for the next expansion because if its another cap increase that are just repeating the issues of the past surely?

Yea, I'm pretty sure it'll work like the previous item level squishes. This should give them some breathing room before they would need to do another level squish. After Shadowlands they could change keep the current leveling system and have everyone play through Shadowlands from level 50 - 60. Yes it is repeating the same pattern, but fixing that would take a complete overhaul of the game. I kind of wish they would stop adding levels and just with each expansion give us higher ilvls, but I'm not really sure that would be that much better either.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Arlee said:

Yea, I'm pretty sure it'll work like the previous item level squishes. This should give them some breathing room before they would need to do another level squish. After Shadowlands they could change keep the current leveling system and have everyone play through Shadowlands from level 50 - 60. Yes it is repeating the same pattern, but fixing that would take a complete overhaul of the game. I kind of wish they would stop adding levels and just with each expansion give us higher ilvls, but I'm not really sure that would be that much better either.

Levels are a thing of the past...
    Make an introduction part, where people learn to play a new class
    Then throw them right into the last expansion..

Make all the old comtent available as kind of adventures that you can enter trough dreamwalking/timewalking
    It will be a way of reliving/experiencing the past..
    Just add a system that rewards people for doing the old content..

kinkyJalepeno

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)