Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone playing The Outer Worlds?

JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
I want but have to wait till it comes down in price.  Anyone  have?  What you think?

Comments

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    I'd like to know too.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    Really enjoying it. It's the fist game in a while where I was drawn into (and cared about) the world. The last were probably The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition.

The art style is dystopian, but has colorful metals - gives it a unique, warm feel while being rather bleak.

Dialogues are meaningful with a good amount of humor. And the amount of side-quests isn't excessive (unlike Dragon Age Inquisition).

The only negatives:

The armor comes in whole 2-piece sets (suit + helmet). As much as I love dressing up in MMOs, it hasn't bothered me yet. The armors all look good and unique. I've read some people complain about having too few slots though.

The graphic fidelity isn't pushing the envelope. It looks miles better than what Bethesda is pushing out with their old engine, but it's nothing mind-blowing. The world still feels great in my opinion.

I'd recommend it at the full price - it's refreshing to have a game you can just enjoy. Zorvan makes a good point, you can buy the Game Pass and enjoy this plus hundreds of other games - Outer Wilds is another one I loved that's included.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Having a blast so far, about 12 hours into it but doing a thorough run. Started the game pumping leadership and have continued to do so. That combined with companion perks and my little friends are quite a handful. 
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Wait for sale game for me. Too many others I'm playing atm.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I will be playing it for sure.  It's on my list of must haves.

However, in a very rare show of self control, as I hovered over the purchase button my brain said to me, "Brain!  You have three games installed on your computer right now that you haven't even launched!  Finish them first and then this will be on sale!"

My dingus brain was right for once!

I will finish the AC games I have installed and then play it.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Make sure you play it on supernova when you get around to installing
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Playing on game pass, difficulty seems awkward on hard.  Like they just make the enemies bullet sponges rather than really make you change up tactics or display more skill in combat.  Use more healing items and have more bullets=play on whatever level you like.  Fun enough for the RPG elements but not very interesting mechanically.  Glad I didn't pay full price.
    [Deleted User]
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Only seen YouTube videos.

Looks fine.

Love how you can dig deeper into the stories by asking more questions.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Everyone keeps saying how this is Fallout: New Vegas but better. I feel like it is extremely  worse than fallout 4. I mod things or whatever, but Outer Worlds has been a disappointment to me personally.
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    OG_Zorvan said:
    I want but have to wait till it comes down in price.  Anyone  have?  What you think?
    It's on Xbox Game Pass on Xbone and PC. Only $1 for new accounts. Can't get cheaper than that.
    Do you need an Xbox to get it though?
  • odysseus033odysseus033 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    OG_Zorvan said:
    It's on Xbox Game Pass on Xbone and PC. Only $1 for new accounts. Can't get cheaper than that.
    It's not just new accounts it's anyone without an active sub. The wife and I were previous subscribers and we still got the $1 deal.
  • PortzPortz Member UncommonPosts: 118
    edited November 2019
    Good game, your actions actually matter. Completed it on xbox game pass, to be honest it's what I expected. Nothing special, simple RPG that you complete and move on. After first playthrough I was "full". Game of the year for me(not that I played very good games this year).