Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Previews WarCraft 3: Reforged at BlizzCon

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlizzard Previews WarCraft 3: Reforged at BlizzCon

Blizzard shared a new video highlighting Warcraft 3: Reforged, currently in beta.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    edited November 2019
    I cant help but think there was a missed opportunity here. I liked WC3, but do i want to pay to play it again, no. I would buy it if they used the new graphics and made wc4.
    Post edited by Groqstrong on
    SekhraNanfoodle
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737

I cant help but think there was a missed opportunity here. I liked WC3, but do i want to pay to play it again, no. I would buy it if they used the new graphics and made wc4.

Yeah? Cool. Explain how you would make the story/campaign for Warcraft 4 if you're so eager to play it. Let alone the factions and lack thereof. I'm genuinely interested how you could create a game like that or a sequel to a world that has all ready received its sequel in terms of story/characters/races and other. Enlighten me
    sacredcow4[Deleted User]
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    This game needs a block convo with teammate button more than anything else atm.
  • GamePlay4UGamePlay4U Member UncommonPosts: 39
    This remake is disappointing. They missed the mark in terms of look. Why does this look like a mobile game?
    GroqstrongAgeni
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I would say Blizzard is out of ideas now that they're into the business of repackaging Old WoW and Old Warcraft and selling it again, but they never really had original ideas anyhow. 

They just took existing ideas, made them more casual friendly and polished them.
    Azaron_Nightblade

Yeah? Cool. Explain how you would make the story/campaign for Warcraft 4 if you're so eager to play it. Let alone the factions and lack thereof. I'm genuinely interested how you could create a game like that or a sequel to a world that has all ready received its sequel in terms of story/characters/races and other. Enlighten me

I think they can use pull material from WoW to make one. There is a lot of things that showed up in WoW that was not in the RTS Series. Panderans for one, Legion for another. Or you can even build a new story arc, tell a story arc in between wow expansions. They got smart guys(or had) Im sure they could have figured it out. All i'm saying is it feels like they took the easy route.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

I think they can use pull material from WoW to make one. There is a lot of things that showed up in WoW that was not in the RTS Series. Panderans for one, Legion for another. Or you can even build a new story arc, tell a story arc in between wow expansions. They got smart guys(or had) Im sure they could have figured it out. All i'm saying is it feels like they took the easy route.
    Did you play the RTS Series...Legion and a Pandarian Hero are in them.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

Damn dude, kind of snarky and aggressive, eh?
    Horusra said:

I did but my memory is a bit foggy on it.  They could come back as playable races.  Honestly though are we really saying the Warcraft rts content is dead with WC3, they couldn't come up with new material for a WC4.  If that would be the case wouldn't you be worried for Blizzard as a company?
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Horusra said:

I did but my memory is a bit foggy on it.  They could come back as playable races.  Honestly though are we really saying the Warcraft rts content is dead with WC3, they couldn't come up with new material for a WC4.  If that would be the case wouldn't you be worried for Blizzard as a company?

It is not dead.  They can always manipulate the story and move forward.  Old Gods devastate the planet.  Everyone starts over in a new age.  The old cities are gone.  Everyone is trying to reforge societies.  From the forces of Chaos new powers rise...etc.
    Horusra said:
    Horusra said:

It is not dead.  They can always manipulate the story and move forward.  Old Gods devastate the planet.  Everyone starts over in a new age.  The old cities are gone.  Everyone is trying to reforge societies.  From the forces of Chaos new powers rise...etc.
    Exactly that's what i'm saying why would anyone assume a WC4 can't be made.
  • SekhraSekhra Member UncommonPosts: 2

who cares about it. It is all about LADDER!
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Gorwe said:

Yes, can't wait to play campaign and some of good ole classics in Reforged. Hopefully the likes of DoTA, EleTD etc make a comeback.

Same here.

I mean, for me, W3 was all about campaign and UMS maps, which I played lots and lots of them and I can't wait to play them again with the new graphics and such.

As for Multiplayer, I could never get into 1v1, 2v2, etc , in W3 .. because Starcraft has done a superior job for balancing Multiplayer gameplay andso, SC for me was the way to go regarding ..PvP :)

Nevertheless, I am excited for W3 Reforged. Lots of good memories playing the game back in the days!
    Gorwe

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Gorwe said:
    IceAge said:

Gorwe said:

Yes, can't wait to play campaign and some of good ole classics in Reforged. Hopefully the likes of DoTA, EleTD etc make a comeback.

Same here.

I mean, for me, W3 was all about campaign and UMS maps, which I played lots and lots of them and I can't wait to play them again with the new graphics and such.

As for Multiplayer, I could never get into 1v1, 2v2, etc , in W3 .. because Starcraft has done a superior job for balancing Multiplayer gameplay andso, SC for me was the way to go regarding ..PvP :)

Nevertheless, I am excited for W3 Reforged. Lots of good memories playing the game back in the days!
    I hope that DoTA, EleTD, Swat:Aftermath, XAoS, EoTA etc make a comeback. Hell, even that Hero Defense, what was...Enfo's HD! And all the Warchasers versions.

...it'll be a good time.
    They said all previous UMS maps will work with Reforged which is awesome News. 

Hero Defense maps are my favorite then Tower Defense. Oh boy, hopefully , Bnet will be full of custom map games :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• mmorgclashmmorgclash Newbie CommonPosts: 10
    Hero Defense maps are my favorite too! :)