Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bethesda Forced to Refund Fallout 76 in Australia, Halloween Event Caused Crashes

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageBethesda Forced to Refund Fallout 76 in Australia, Halloween Event Caused Crashes

Bethesda will have to issue refunds to select customers, according to the Australian government. Meanwhile, early impressions of the Fallout 76 Halloween event appears to cause crashes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Good for the consumer.

• achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    WTF ?

Serves you right Bethesda. This shitshow needs to stop.
    Then again, it's the 500k players who are still playing and paying fault.
    Kyleranalkarionlog
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223

DMKano said:

How do you get the picture/gif to pop up seamlessly?
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2019
    [Deleted User]
  • VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Good for the consumers.
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    edited November 2019
    forget the game, I'm having fun just watching what is bethesda going to do next. May be they will start selling dirty bottled water.
    ScotDhampirTuor7
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Good for Australia in protecting it's citizens/consumers. In the USA it is the $ not the person who is the priority.
    bartoni33DhampirAlverant
  • WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
    I have never seen a game with more problems and failures etc than Fallout76
  • CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    F76's review: 7/10.

Never forget.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Xarko[Deleted User]LeFantomeKyleranalkarionlogPsym0n
  • HazenXIIIHazenXIII Member UncommonPosts: 162
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
  • MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    edited November 2019
    the audacity of this company and many of the others coinciding with all the political chaos going on its like all that money has caused all of them to go crazy simultaneously, like what are these people on? The rest of us gamers are just sitting here going wtf I dont understand why so many people are suddenly throwing their reputations many of which are years in the making down the tubes for an extra dollar so quickly and so rashly. Do they think we are stupid I mean that must be it right?
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Atlease we are getting a good soap opera for free :)

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692

achmede said:

WTF ?

Links?

Cygi said:

Never forget.

Ah ! I almost forgot about that one !! How this game got a 7/10 on release still amaze me how great the reviews are , here.

• AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    edited November 2019
    So these nasty people finally got their way out. Played who knows how many hours of content and got refunds? This just goes to show why their generation is largely disregarded.

The worst part of it...poor people laughing because some low income kid just gamed a company for what...$30? Lol. But damn if those kiddos didn't "score" amiright?!

Those kids will now use this utility in their low income toolbelt in order to try to do the same in the future since they were allowed to do it once now. Better hope it's not your business or studio that's targeted by the low income gamers next.
    Post edited by AriesTiger on
    jimmywolf
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited November 2019
    So these nasty people finally got their way out. Played who knows how many hours of content and got refunds? This just goes to show why their generation is largely disregarded.
    Nasty people who expect their game to work, and are bullying a corporation that is righteously breaking laws?
    Tuor7

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    LeFantome said:

Cygi said:

Never forget.

Ah ! I almost forgot about that one !! How this game got a 7/10 on release still amaze me how great the reviews are , here.
    What was your review score at launch?

Mine would have been around 5 or 6 out of 10.

You did play, yes?
    LeFantome

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited November 2019
    I don't know. I'm already over the article. But admittedly it really frustrated me first reading it. Just more low income gamers who were actually able to game a company. I don't see any worth in them or their antics.
    Tuor7jimmywolf
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320

They probably didn't play that many hours given how broken the game was. And how is it "nasty" to expect a refund when a business lied to them? And how do you know all the people who want refunds after being cheated are part of a specific generation or income bracket?
    edited November 2019

Alverant said:

They probably didn't play that many hours given how broken the game was. And how is it "nasty" to expect a refund when a business lied to them? And how do you know all the people who want refunds after being cheated are part of a specific generation or income bracket?

Wish I could run the numbers to prove. Do you really think someone not living paycheck to paycheck would do this much effort to game a company?
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited November 2019

Wish I could run the numbers to prove. Do you really think someone not living paycheck to paycheck would do this much effort to game a company?
    Yes, because it was done by Australian consumer protection officials.

I don't know about Australia specifically, but usually consumer protection officials have some net form that you can fill and make a complaint like:

"I bought game Fallout 76 from Bethesda and it keeps crashing every 5 minutes so that it's completely unplayable. I contacted Bethesda to complain about this and asked for refund. They did not deny my complaint that the game is unplayable, but answered that they do not give refunds for any reason. I believe that their behavior is against of Australian law xxxxx, which says that I have the right for refund if the product has a major flaw. Could you please look at whether Bethesda's behavior is in conformance to this law? E-mails between me and Bethesda attached"

That is just an imaginary message about how one might complain. Then if the consumer protection officials either get enough complaints about a single company, or some complain that looks serious enough, they decide to act and investigate. The people filling the complaint doesn't need to do more than that.

• achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    edited November 2019

LeFantome said:

achmede said:

WTF ?

Links?

There is no site that could confirm the exact playerbase, but few already mentioned that game has around 500k players accorind to F76 Reddit activity. I find that hard to believe, but anything is possible these days. Many "gamers"/sheeps are brainded sadly. Just look at the mobile gaming. The most popular games are the ones with Auto play and highly pay2win "games".
    jimmywolf
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    internet and gaming sucks in australia 

Kyleran said:

LeFantome said:

Cygi said:

Never forget.

What was your review score at launch?

Mine would have been around 5 or 6 out of 10.

You did play, yes?

Like a lot of people, yeah. Mine would have been a low 4.

• TriddleTriddle Member UncommonPosts: 23
    In Australia we have a general expectation that products we purchase will be fit for purpose. If they aren’t, we’re well aware of our right to a refund. This is a result of strong and well advertised consumer rights law.

A typical Australian will expect to be able to refund a product that doesn’t do what it’s supposed to, whether it’s a table, a game, or a car. This is not unique to poor or young Australians.

It is illegal for Bethesda to offer their product for sale in Australia if they are unwilling to provide refunds. Trying to demonise the consumers who expect big corporations to operate within the law, instead of the corporations explicitly attempting to scam consumers is simply ridiculous.
    Iselin[Deleted User]KyleranAriesTigerGdemamiBeansnBread