Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Unchained in-game economy already destroyed by exploits

yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
edited October 2019 in ArcheAge
If you don't know what's happening lately with ArcheAge Unchained, there's currently a bug in their ArchePass system, allowing you to gain 800gold easily everyday. People are already racking up thousands of golds on their bank, more golds than you could ever farm for months.

How could this bug ever make it on launch despite weeks long PTS server, and half month delays is beyond me.

So far, Gamigo haven't "act" , only "acknowledging" it. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/djp9lq/exploit_archepass_world_boss_quest_abuse/
Post edited by yonpachi on
[Deleted User]Kumapon

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited October 2019
    It's not even an exploit. The ArchePass quests give crazy amounts of gold when you are at ancestral level. It probably needs lowering or they need to add more variation to the quests you are given because it makes everything else you can do to earn gold pointless but it's not an 'exploit'. Everybody can earn that much when they are higher level.
    Amathealkarionlog
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,821
    edited October 2019
    It's not even an exploit. The ArchePass quests give crazy amounts of gold when you are at ancestral level. It probably needs lowering or they need to add more variation to the quests you are given because it makes everything else you can do to earn gold pointless but it's not an 'exploit'. Everybody can earn that much when they are higher level.
    It is an exploit.

These ArchePass daily quests are supposed to be random.

Killing a world boss gives the most gold and people have found a way to get the world boss daily for all ArchePass quests.

It explains the exploit in the link, did you read it?
    [Deleted User]Iselin
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    You realise the game is balanced around gold right? There is NO WAY getting 800 gold per day without breaking a sweat without consuming single labor points is not game breaking.
    [Deleted User]TiamatRoarKyleranalkarionlog
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    LOL R.I.P guess we don't even need Pay 2 Win to break a game :P...

It does suck because Arche Age was the bomb back in the day but Trion and non responsible developers / publishers have ruined one of the best games in my eyes.
    [Deleted User]alkarionlog
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I honestly wouldn't put the sole blame on Gamigo for this (not defending them, trust me). Sounds like this is equally XL's fault as well. Either way, the fall out from this is worth the money watching and I haven't even given them a cent.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    DMKano said:
    Renoaku said:
    LOL R.I.P guess we don't even need Pay 2 Win to break a game :P...

It does suck because Arche Age was the bomb back in the day but Trion and non responsible developers / publishers have ruined one of the best games in my eyes.

Yep Trion signed a shit contract with super greedy XL and totally ruined their reputation. 

There was no recovery as they just got way too greedy - both companies got what they deserved. Trion failing the way they did 100% deserved.

All the people thinking that Gamigo will be better - lol - nope, just wait and see how fast they buckle and faceplant
    I still don't get how people seem to think that somehow Gamigo isn't going to be pushed into the same arrangement.

Once those package sales dry up, they are going to push the P2W right on back in IMO.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]alkarionlog

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    Well Blizzard literally screwed the in game economy in WoW Classic with the layering bug aaaaand nobody talked about it in this forum until Blizzard took action and finally gave an explanation. Gamigo did a mistake with the new battlepass system, which as far as I read that's not even a big one, and same members as always like they're doing for WEEKS started to act like everything is ruined, the game is dead and like they won some kind of a war or something I guess. You're really pathetic.

It's like literally the same people every single time. I have never seen something like this before. Why would someone wants a game to die so desperately and follow every single shit about it nonstop is beyond me. Some people here only enjoys drama, failure and feed from negativity. This website started to feel like a social experiment at this point. I can't believe I enjoy r/MMORPG a lot more than here these days. I hated that place before. But that subreddit feels like a safe haven compered to this forum at this point...
    KyleranFilburyazuachalkarionlogultimateduck
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,821
    Kyleran said:
    Super mega LOL

Hey @TheDarkrayne I guess Gamigo are part of the camp of low IQ idiots that believe this exploit exists.
    edited October 2019
    LOL, they are nerfing the gold and that is literally all they are going to do. Just like I said they should. You will still be able to cycle your quests because it's an intended feature and costs Gilda, which is much more valuable than gold. They're only labelling it an exploit to stop people doing it until they apply the nerf. You don't nerf an exploit, you remove it.
    alkarionlog
    DMKano said:
    LOL, they are nerfing the gold and that is literally all they are going to do. Just like I said they should. You will still be able to cycle your quests because it's an intended feature and costs Gilda, which is much more valuable than gold. They're only labelling it an exploit to stop people doing it until they apply the nerf. You don't nerf an exploit, you remove it.

Still not an exploit though right?
    They balanced the rewards wrong, nothing more. I know you're intelligent enough that you already know that.
    alkarionlog
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    The same exploits of 5 years ago which were the cause of me quitting?
    Great job!!!!!
    Kyleranalkarionlog
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    They should just remove the daily quests from start and forcus on trading system for making gold instead .

I don't understand Jake Song , is he turn in to plushie after all of what happen ?

If i understand right , this is B2P server , right ? why the even bored to keep all the f2P mechanic from legacy servers ?

Kyleran
    iixviiiix said:
    They should just remove the daily quests from start and forcus on trading system for making gold instead .

I don't understand Jake Song , is he turn in to plushie after all of what happen ?

If i understand right , this is B2P server , right ? why the even bored to keep all the f2P mechanic from legacy servers ?

It is challenging to maintain multiple versions of any software with some systems so heavily integrated it's not always easy or even possible to disable them.

Not saying this is the situation,  perhaps they just couldn't be bothered.

:D

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    It's funny watching all this. 
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    This raises an interesting question about exploits.

Let's say a company means to make the reward for a quest 10 gold, and accidently makes it 10,000 gold instead. In the context, let's say it is obvious that it is a mistake. Taking that gold I feel would be an exploit.

But let's say instead that the company actually means to make it 10,000 gold. There is no mistake. Only it turns out that such design is STUPID. Later the company, realizing it did something stupid, calls it an exploit instead and puts the blame on the players. Is that really an exploit? Or is that a game company with no accountability?

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Amathe said:

Let's say a company means to make the reward for a quest 10 gold, and accidently makes it 10,000 gold instead. In the context, let's say it is obvious that it is a mistake. Taking that gold I feel would be an exploit.

But let's say instead that the company actually means to make it 10,000 gold. There is no mistake. Only it turns out that such design is STUPID. Later the company, realizing it did something stupid, calls it an exploit instead and puts the blame on the players. Is that really an exploit? Or is that a game company with no accountability?
    That's a little tin foil hat to me.

It's assuming that they are always going to try to cover their butt at the expense of their customers. Maybe this happens but I bet that a good amount of companies would catch that mistake and fess up. 
    ultimateduck
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Sovrath said:

I think it sounds silly to place that much confidence in people's willingness to admit their own errors in judgment. Especially when it concerns their livelihood.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Sovrath said:
    Amathe said:

It's assuming that they are always going to try to cover their butt at the expense of their customers. Maybe this happens but I bet that a good amount of companies would catch that mistake and fess up. 
    Well of course,  unless we're talking about Bethesda.

;)

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

damn and I was betting something would broke in 3 months

Albatroesdragonlee66
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    If you don't know what's happening right now, there was another bug that allows people to claim multiple Diligence coins compensation pack that they were promising. While others claimed, but didn't get any.  

you can guess how much labor he got with that. Stream cancelled that day just 1 hour before the scheduled stream time.

damn and I was betting something would broke in 3 months

DMKano said:
    There is another in game region that is being exploited for high gold gains.

There are so many exploits that they dont know which one to fix and everything is just breaking around them
    But Gamigo is staying in active communication with the community and.....I think people forgot that every fresh start, Trion was always in constant communication. It feels like they have a script for this or something.
    alkarionlog
  • ananitananit Member RarePosts: 293
    people are up in arms about archepass exploit etc when the real issue is allowing 3 account per ip.

the top gear scorer are not exploiting anything, they are just legally using 3 accounts and triple labor compared to the rest of the flock.
    1 main to farm and progress, 1 alt to open coin purse that the main dropped and a 2nd alt to process mats and make even more money.
    that's what people should be furious about not the petty exploits.
    you can't claim 'no p2w relaunch' when you are allowing people to have 3 accounts cuz that is the very definition of p2w.
    alkarionlog
  • AbhorerAbhorer Member UncommonPosts: 34
    @ananit I  have decided to start playing AA, and I don't know anything about this game, only what I read here. Do you mean that I need 3 chars to progress adequately in Archeage? How is it done? :hushed: I feel kinda dissapointed. All I want is to play and so soon the game is plenty of bugs and advantages for the exploiters and this tecnique of the 3 alts. What can I do? What every new player should do to be not on clear disadvantage with the people that took profit of all this fuzz?