Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Officially Unveils Diablo IV At BlizzCon 2019 - MMORPG.com

Comments

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    DMKano said:
    IceAge said:
    DMKano said:

The gameplay however... hmm not as amazing 
    ..how I'm not amazed, lol.

D4 looks amazing and it will get a lot better since we are looking at 2+ years release date.

They failed to match Project TLs gameplay shown a year ago.

The textures look straight out if PoE.

Not saying it looks bad, but it is not amazing.

The graphics look dated already. 

TL I thought looked amazing - Blizzard has time ri fix it but right now TL has D4 beaten hands down in terms of graphics 
    When have ARPGs ever been graphically impressive? Even the ones that impress on reveal (Lost Ark) look long outdated by the time they launch. The rest of the genre looks at least 5 years behind the times on reveal, because graphics aren't the emphasis with these games; quantity of character models and performance are.
    boris20
  • elveoneelveone Member RarePosts: 426
    Arterius said:
    elveone said:
    Arterius said:
    Well PCgamer just confirmed. Blizzard says the game is going to be a "Shared open world game with a non-linear story." With the only thing being instanced is, maybe, dungeons. That is neither confirmed nor denied however.

https://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-4-has-an-online-shared-open-world-and-a-non-linear-campaign/

So Diablo 4 is basically a MMO lite @DMKano
    Dungeons are definitely instanced and randomly generated. The open world zones seem to be static and possibly shared but the shared part is not 100% confirmed cause they were talking about meeting people in towns so it might be that the towns within the open world are shared but the open world itself is not  unless you choose to group with people.
    Shared world is def confirmed. Lots of videos hitting the internet of people playing the game and they show dozens of people running around the open world and even fighting a world boss.

That twitch streamer someone posted above too talks about 100 players per zone and he entered a dungeon and he could see that 5 people were in the dungeon in various floors. He invited someone to group up with him in everything. 
    I still hope you can opt-out of this. When playing aRPGs I like to explore everything and a bunch of people messing around just kills it for me.
    PalebaneGorwe
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    DMKano said:
    Iselin said:
    DMKano said:
    IceAge said:
    DMKano said:
    IceAge said:
    DMKano said:
    IceAge said:
    DMKano said:
    Arterius said:
    Hmmm. According to IGN Blizzard says they are developing the game for Xbox One, Ps4, and PC for a same day release. Curious they didn't say next gen consoles. Wonder if this game is coming next fall.

Also in IGN's write up it says that their will be PVP areas of the map so does sound like a destiny style game maybe.

Hmm I think calling D4 destiny style game is a stretch
    Not more of a ..stretch then calling D4 , a PoE "clone" in terms of graphics.

Except I never called it a clone of PoE in terms of graphics 

You know who called it that - you did.

Lol
    See the "" . You were close to call it a clone.

Anyway, educate yourself a bit more about the game you hate please :)

https://youtu.be/1b0DCcX5jbc?t=100

See it at least until 2:42 . Multiple players are seen which are clearly not in the same party.

What is the max players per map?

Do shared maps have respawning mobs?

They said 100 could be on the same screen, fighting a world boss. 

About respawning mobs, I can't tell yet, but if anything, they pretty much need to exist, else it wouldn't make sense for ..10-20-30-50-100 players fighting a world boss only. 

If there are respawning mobs - I am out
    Channeling your inner Wizardry?

No just can't stand ARPGs with respawning mobs.

It's one mechanic that is a literal - immediate uninstall for me.

Respawning mobs in a single player game is one thing but how the hell would you handle it in an shared world? "So sorry, no mobs for you. DMKano already killed them all 15 minutes ago."

You're basically just saying you don't like shared worlds lol.
    boris20Nepheth
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    elveone said:
    Arterius said:
    elveone said:
    Arterius said:
    Well PCgamer just confirmed. Blizzard says the game is going to be a "Shared open world game with a non-linear story." With the only thing being instanced is, maybe, dungeons. That is neither confirmed nor denied however.

https://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-4-has-an-online-shared-open-world-and-a-non-linear-campaign/

Dungeons are definitely instanced and randomly generated. The open world zones seem to be static and possibly shared but the shared part is not 100% confirmed cause they were talking about meeting people in towns so it might be that the towns within the open world are shared but the open world itself is not  unless you choose to group with people.
    Shared world is def confirmed. Lots of videos hitting the internet of people playing the game and they show dozens of people running around the open world and even fighting a world boss.

That twitch streamer someone posted above too talks about 100 players per zone and he entered a dungeon and he could see that 5 people were in the dungeon in various floors. He invited someone to group up with him in everything. 
    I still hope you can opt-out of this. When playing aRPGs I like to explore everything and a bunch of people messing around just kills it for me.
    Confirmed in the opening event, that you can also play solo, with no players around you ( or maybe just in town? ).
    [Deleted User]Nepheth

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• mandark91mandark91 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    I played Diablo 1 and 2 when I was a kid. I didn't like Diablo 3 although I did play it for like 100 hours.

I feel that although the cinematic is really nice, the gameplay looks like it uses very outdated graphics and feels simply like those rehashes of FIFA every year but with some new features.

Visually, it doesn't look better than Lost Ark and that game is being developed for years. This one has just been announced so we are talking maybe 2 years more of development.
    By that time, you would expect to see games, making full use of unreal engine 4 and ray tracing. This will look like playing solitaire in 2 years from now.

Also, don't compare it with the cinematic from Project TL either cause that is cinematic as well. I've seen the gameplay and that is worse than a mobile game graphics.
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    edited November 2019
    this was BLUR right? If so salute to them for another amazing job

Celcius said:

Nice to see D4 is basically an MMO style game, not full blown, but like...Destiny 2 or Marvel Heroes.

DMKano said:

Tiller said:

People are calling it an MMO.

People are wrong

saving this space for my "DIABLO 4 is a MMO" thread (j/k obviously relax)
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited November 2019
    Ive already got my arpg bases covered for the next 5 yrs ;)

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

Arterius said:
    IceAge said:
    elveone said:
    Arterius said:
    elveone said:
    Arterius said:

Confirmed in the opening event, that you can also play solo, with no players around you ( or maybe just in town? ).
    That is fantastic news. Means that if I choose to play solo I can
    Here is a list with what they announced it in the opening event. Does not include the presentation after that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/dq9748/diablo_4_panel_1_at_blizzcon/

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Looks better than D3, that's for sure. I'm still salty about D3's story so i hope this one is good.

• Luther512Luther512 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I don't care so much what it looks like right now, If I can't make or join a game public or private and name that game, have at least 8 players in the game and go hostile/into town etc. I wont' touch it.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Probably wont buy it if they dont have necro as a starter class. It was dumb to wait so long on it in D3.
    [Deleted User]
  • MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    All I saw was diablo 3.5, its almost 2020 why cant we use a game engine that isn't a potato to make the game? Also the minute I saw mounts my mind instantly went to lets see how monetization looks..
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    They also took the Warhammer Online idea of public events which can be fun. 

I am uncertain whether I will like shared world. It all depends on how much others can impact my fun. If they ruin it then no.

Albatroes said:
    Probably wont buy it if they dont have necro as a starter class. It was dumb to wait so long on it in D3.
    If we take the..settings into consideration, is safe to say that Necro will be a playable class, along with Demon Hunter. But that's just my guess! :) 

After looking between d4 and TL , NcSoft has the bettrer game simply because TL is an mmorpg like Lineage 1. 

Indeed, Project TL is a mmorpg regarding what..others are saying it in here.

Plus, let's not forget for how long Project TL , Lineage Eternal or whatever the name will be, have been in production and how many times they "remake" it in this time.

If D4 follows the D3 release ..timeline, then it will release in around 4 years from now on. So D4 has plenty of time to get graphics, interface, skills , etc updates. I'm not worried about this. Blizzard always delivered in terms of polish, including graphics. 

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    blizzard needs to grow a pair of big bad balls.

the continues moving the easy route.

i would love to see wow in a new engine. for example.

thank god for indi companies... that try new shit
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Did they say anything about a D2 remaster?
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    This is the blizcon to go to !! Best one since diablo 3 announce

edited November 2019
    I'm hoping my favorite class, the monk, shows up.
    lahnmir
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Who are the mods of the forums? Can anyone @ them
  • RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Looks just like Diablo 3 with a tan.
    Guess they were proud of that engine and they had to frontline it.
    [Deleted User]Gorwe
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    DMKano said:
    SlyLoK said:
    Did they say anything about a D2 remaster?

That's the real deal right there IMO - not this Diablo 3.5 thing they showed.
    So you complain that the D4 videos look "boring" and the graphics meh, but you are all in for a D2 remaster, which I highly suspect wouldn't get a full graphics make over, or engine. Most likely some updated shaders, textures, few UI modifications, but it would still have the same older, clunky combat feel (which in 2000 felt great for its time, not so much today)
    Gorwe said:
    Aeander said:
    I'm hoping my favorite class, the monk, shows up.
    I'd rather have completely new classes tbh. Things like Witch Doctor or Demon Hunter, let's break some new ground. Maybe even an Iron Wolf of sorts? So much potential, but we'll most likely get nostalgia pandering /meh.

This is exactly why I want both D4 AND D2:Remaster. So that old stays old(just spiffed up) and new stays new, without any need to pointlessly pander to nostalgia. Take the Barb Arsenal system. Wouldn't it be cooler if we played as an Iron Wolf who seemlessly changed between magic, hand crossbows and melee(or some martial artist from Wizard land)? /meh what do I know?
    Look. I'm a simple man. I want to punch demons and gods in the face. Call it a monk, brawler, ninja, pugilist, whatever. I don't care whether it's "new" or not. It's awesome.
    SovrathRovn
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    The gameplay looks neat, but it has to be seen if it's better than POE.
    You really have to create something special in order to beat a good and FREE game like POE.

We need more info before we can make a judgement.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    I am disappointed if there is only 5 classes, that means two of the Monk/Crusader (Pally)/DH and Necro are left out, and thats a shame

all those styles are very different, and I cant see them being blended in.  Witch Doctor nobody will miss, as Druid is worlds better
  • cribettcribett Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Looks like D3 with less colour saturation nothing new at all just something to please the masses who praise Blizzard.
    Gorwe