Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo IV Gameplay Trailer

2»

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    DMKano said:
    Hmm

More mature graphics but it looks a bit tired and more of the same.

I actually think that NCSofts upcoming ARPG looked better 

Edit  - project TL for comparison- skip to 1:10 for actual gameplay 

Weird 
    Nah sorry we don’t have the same tastes. While I love the art design (for the most part) of Asian games, the f’ing light shows are exhausting. The diablo 4 trailer is leagues above what you posted. Again, congruent to my tastes.
    TacticalZombeh
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847
    DMKano said:
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:
    Hmm

Weird 
    Nah sorry we don’t have the same tastes. While I love the art design (for the most part) of Asian games, the f’ing light shows are exhausting. The diablo 4 trailer is leagues above what you posted. Again, congruent to my tastes.

Yep that's totally fine - tastes vary.

IMO the quality of VFX, the animations the particle effects, the texture quality  - it all looks much more polished in the TL than D4 gameplay shown so far.

Of course Blizzard might polish the heck out of the game and it could be way more amazing looking than what it is now 

But currently for me D4 is not even close to TL - again just according to my taste
    Diablo 4 is also an actual game unlike Project TL.

We dont know if that video of Project TL was a real game or a proof of concept or if it even still exists.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847
    DMKano said:
    Xiaoki said:
    DMKano said:
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:
    Hmm

Weird 

Yep that's totally fine - tastes vary.

IMO the quality of VFX, the animations the particle effects, the texture quality  - it all looks much more polished in the TL than D4 gameplay shown so far.

Of course Blizzard might polish the heck out of the game and it could be way more amazing looking than what it is now 

But currently for me D4 is not even close to TL - again just according to my taste
    Diablo 4 is also an actual game unlike Project TL.

We dont know if that video of Project TL was a real game or a proof of concept or if it even still exists.

D4 is far from a completed product, so it's not an actual game yet. 

TL is a real game, still not complete - its fully playable and in QA testing inside of NCSoft  according to insiders.

Now whether you want to believe that ot not - totally up to you
    Diablo 4 is playable to all BlizzCon attendees.

Project TL is supposedly playable to QA testers behind closed doors.

And even if Project TL does get a real title and is playable by the public is it just going to be scrapped for sucking again like Lineage Eternal?
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    Torval said:
    DMKano said:
    Bah! It reminds me of POE.

Yep the texture and lighting does look like PoE
    Also, I'm not seeing "more mature". It just looks washed out and desaturated like PoE, like you both point out.

Wolcen is more interesting to me.
    Wolcen is comin along really well,   Have you played the latest build with Wrath of Sarisel?

Wolcen has surpassed all my expectations at this point. Amazing what they've done so far.
    I reinstalled Wolcen recently and played the reworked opening. I thought that was horrible tbh and very generic. Hopefully it picks up again afterwards but I quit after that first hour. That didn’t happen with the old opening.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    edited November 2019
    Disregard, I fail at forums.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    More details from the press package:

DIABLO® IV is the newest incarnation of Blizzard Entertainment’s genre-defining action-role-playing game series. Players will experience a grim new story line while also having the freedom to forge their own path across the most expansive vision yet of the world of Sanctuary—a bleak and shattered hellscape bereft of hope and beset by demons.
    Diablo IV Feature Highlights
    Explore a vast, contiguous world of Sanctuary and seamlessly travel across five distinctive regions filled with dangerous foes.
    Quintessential Diablo gameplay featuring robust RPG character progression, infinitely replayable dungeons, awesome loot, and the series’ hallmark visceral combat.
    An open world inhabited by familiar threats and new—like deadly encounters with massive, multi-phase World Bosses.    Playable at BlizzCon: Three iconic classes revealed (with two more to come): the Druid, the Barbarian, and the Sorceress.
    All-new technology that will push the Diablo franchise to dark new depths with higher fidelity graphics and the ability to create an expansive open world experience.
    A dark new storyline where heroes will be called upon to face a challenge unlike any the world has seen before.
    A RETURN TO DARKNESS
    Legendary Heroes Return: Three iconic Diablo IV classes are playable at BlizzCon, with two more to come. Each character class retains its core identity, yet also brings players fresh inspiration and fun, revamped play styles:
    Barbarians bring the power of the new Arsenal system in battle, arming them with the ability to carry and rapidly switch between four different weapons at a time by assigning them to individual attacks.
    Sorceresses shape the elements to obliterate their foes, chilling their foes until they freeze and shatter, electrocuting them with bolts of lightning, or raining flaming meteors from the sky.
    Druids are savage shapeshifters who fluidly transform between werewolf, werebear, and human forms to unleash a cataclysm of nature’s fury on the forces of the Burning Hells. 

Smarter, Deadlier, and More Diverse Monsters: Face a world inhabited by deadly monster “families” of disparate, yet thematically-linked creatures that work together to present players with interesting strategic challenges.
    Deep Character Customization: Players will be able to experiment and discover countless character builds through customizable talent trees and skills, awe-inspiring loot including legendary and set items to collect, runes and rune word combinations, and even personalized mounts for traversing the open world. 
    Dungeon Crawling: Infinitely replayable dungeons to clear, as well as new Keyed Dungeons that empower players to control their destiny and specify the types of challenging dungeon crawling experiences they want to take on.
    A dangerous, dynamic, vast world to explore
    A Grim New Chapter: This bleak period in Sanctuary’s history finds humanity in the grip of a chaotic and dark time. Lilith has returned to Sanctuary. Players will need to step foot in this broken realm to learn more.
    An Expansive Open World: Encounter other players as you explore five distinctive regions rooted in unique ecologies and filled with dangerous new foes. Face the greatest threat Sanctuary has ever known as you cross the burning desert of Kehjistan; blaze a trail through the werewolf-infested forests of Scosglen; brave the harsh wilderness of the Dry Steppes; scale the uninhabitable Fractured Peaks; and choke back the infestation in the swamplands of Hawezar.

Gorwe
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    If someone showed this to me without telling me what it was I would have guessed it was D2 remastered. That is the look of it.

[Deleted User]Gorwe
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited November 2019
    SlyLoK said:
    If someone showed this to me without telling me what it was I would have guessed it was D2 remastered. That is the look of it.

The three playable classes are all D2 ones and D2 covered most potential homes besides esoteric ones like underwater or fluffy cloud or immaterium which I doubt any new Diablo would use so I guess it's to be expected.  The few features that stand out to me as new compared to D2 are things like world bosses and open worlds, neither of which would be present in a demo

Does the druid summon?  That wasnt mentioned in that press release above.  I'm worried quantity summoner potential will be gutted for performance reasons depending on how many players they want to cramp into a open world at once
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited November 2019
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    Torval said:
    DMKano said:
    Bah! It reminds me of POE.

Yep the texture and lighting does look like PoE
    Also, I'm not seeing "more mature". It just looks washed out and desaturated like PoE, like you both point out.

Wolcen is more interesting to me.
    Wolcen is comin along really well,   Have you played the latest build with Wrath of Sarisel?

Wolcen has surpassed all my expectations at this point. Amazing what they've done so far.
    Hey , look at that we agree on something , there is hope yet ..

And from another thread .. Ill agree with you that Disco Elysium is pretty amazing game .. Very well done indie project with sooo much room to grow,...

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    DMKano said:
    Avanah said:
    DMKano said:

NCSofts upcoming ARPG

Link please? I can't seem to find any info. ty.

Project TL - skip to 1:10 for gameplay 

Imo looks far better than D4

Isn't this just Lineage Eternal renamed? If so will it even see the light of day, haven't they been working on this for quite some time now?
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Project TL looks awesome but it will not come to the west for many years.

D4 looks great as well in its current state and gives promise for what it will look like in the future.  I would even say that the footage we got is prealpha?  So final textures, shaders, etc. will give a big boost to eye candy.  Shit you can even tell in the gameplay footage AA is not even turned on.
    Mikeha
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    I been playing Lost Ark, it's the mix of Diablo, PoE and Monster Hunter I wanted to play.

This Diablo feels not very cooked as far you can see by gameplay trailer is likely rushed into announcement because they had to make up for the derp of last time. But it's good for who wants more of the saqme formula ofc.
    Emeraq said:
    DMKano said:
    Avanah said:
    DMKano said:

NCSofts upcoming ARPG

Link please? I can't seem to find any info. ty.

Project TL - skip to 1:10 for gameplay 

Imo looks far better than D4

Isn't this just Lineage Eternal renamed? If so will it even see the light of day, haven't they been working on this for quite some time now?
    yes. It was started on UE3, but then moved to UE4. 
    It ends up as an entire new game dev based on Lineage Eternal. The game shows really high visual quality, but it's been very silent until more stuff gets shown

But again so is Diablo 4 likely this core teaser to say they work on it but not near release
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    DMKano said:
    Hmm

Weird 
    mm that one looks very .. eastern. Think I liked the snip of Diablo4 gameplay more, though I would agree it looked like a generic cross between PoE and Diablo3 - But I mean what did you expect, something revolutionary ?
    edited November 2019
    kjempff said:
    DMKano said:
    Hmm

Weird 
    mm that one looks very .. eastern. Think I liked the snip of Diablo4 gameplay more, though I would agree it looked like a generic cross between PoE and Diablo3 - But I mean what did you expect, something revolutionary ?
    The style hits me at BDO to some extent, but intentionally more western indeed
  • Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    edited January 2020
    This right here says it.......

Project TL is an upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game by NCSoft. It is part of the Lineage series and a sequel to the first Lineage game. Wikipedia

Thats what it says when you Google Project tl
    Ouch and its gonna be a Mobile game....
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • EthicZHEthicZH Newbie CommonPosts: 11
    So is this the one that will only be released on mobile?