Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard President Jay Allen Brack Addresses Controversy At BlizzCon 2019 - MMORPG.com

Comments

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Aeander said:
    DMKano said:
    Utinni said:
    President of the company publicly apologized at the start of their biggest event and people still saying they bow to china LOL

Just trolls at this point , nobody is that stupid.

Not everyone bought the apology. Many saw it as an empty apology just to save their ass financially 

Calling everyone with different opinion stupid trolls.... /bravo
    I'm not sure what you actually expect. I expected an apology. I didn't expect them to start publicly flogging themselves like a masochistic Catholic. 

All I wanted was an apology and the announcement of a proper PC/console Diablo project. I got both. I'm fine with this outcome. 
    You think you want an apology but you really don't.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited November 2019
    LOL Blizzard Censorship continues...

If people are spamming its fine to block on a Stream, but im not paying for a Virtual Ticket, or giving Blizzard any money for the next months at least possibly more.

They Censorship just like in ****** we can't let this disease in America spread to every corporate, because Free Speech only applies to Government, but once every private property in America becomes censored it's still a dictatorship );.

^ Or game / service for that matter, to me it's a concern to have free speech in our games. /leaving politics out of this.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Did the article not quote the apology?  Or did it basically consist of, "I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what for"?
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118
    DMKano said:
    Arterius said:
    Sure it was an empty apology but they also gave me Diablo 4 so it evens out

Hmm it sure doesn't even out for Blitzhung and the 2 casters that are still banned.

Sort of a selfish way to look at it imo

Hey Blitchung and 2 casters are still screwed, but I am fine so who cares right?

The apology should have been to THEM not to us
    Then no D4 for you to buy then I suppose, until you see them unban Blitch and the 2 casters?

Great! :) 

Nepheth

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• LtldoggLtldogg Member UncommonPosts: 282
    This was a corporate apology to appease the fans while still making as much money as possible. At the end of the day, the money is all that matters truly to corporate America. They don't care about china's oppression of Hong Kong. As much as we want to think that, it is not the case.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Far as I'm concerned, RL and video games should never mix. I play games to get my mind off how messed up everything is.
    IceAgeNephethSabrac
  • KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    totally robotic and rehearsed, with ZERO emotion. I feel bad that they wrote this for him to make him the fodder. total weaksause, feel bad for anyone who actually felt "moved" by this crap.
    [Deleted User]CyberFrog
    DMKano said:
    Arterius said:
    Sure it was an empty apology but they also gave me Diablo 4 so it evens out

Hmm it sure doesn't even out for Blitzhung and the 2 casters that are still banned.

Sort of a selfish way to look at it imo

Hey Blitchung and 2 casters are still screwed, but I am fine so who cares right?

The apology should have been to THEM not to us
    It depends.  The controversy got them a lot more publicity than they probably expected, and certainly a lot more than it would have gotten if Blizzard had ignored it or quietly issued a new "no politics" rule.  Depending on their life situation and how strongly they feel about this, that might be worth the six month ban to them.
  • DoomsDay01DoomsDay01 Member UncommonPosts: 783
    One of the most meaningless heartfelt apologies ever. Words mean very little when it comes to banning and censorship. Actions is what counts. If they would have said that bblitzchung was unbanned and the college guys unbanned then it would have been a more meaningful apology. They broke NO rules yet are still punished. It's one thing if they had a direct rule against it but to use the bs rule "do anything we don't like regardless if there isn't a rule and we get rid of you" is absolutely ridiculous. Sorry blizzard, just like the nfl knee bending manchildren, I choose to take my time and money elsewhere.
    [Deleted User]HatefullAeanderAnweir
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited November 2019

namcost said:

console sales for diablo 4 meaning lessor graphics to appease console peasants.... ugh.

im so disappointed.

i'm getting tired of these idiotic excuses (not calling you idiot, but this idea). Consoles aren't holding high end PC's back. The MAJORITY of PC gamers using cheap ass machines (yes, me included) are holding high end PC back.

I have a bunch of PC master race friends that refuse to buy a console, spending a lot of money on used PC parts (to save money) and their machines run as poorly or worst as my base model PS4. What do they do? they blame bad game optimization because their PCs can't run shit. I can only laugh at that sort of crap.

Getting bad PC ports? blame the studio who did a poor job. Or blame the publisher for not funding a separate PC development to take advantage of the... oh wait, maybe not enough people are willing to spend on high end machines to make that separate PC development profitable? i don't know.
    Post edited by rojoArcueid on
    Nepheth[Deleted User]

• goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    edited November 2019
    The only acceptable apology is pulling out of China until they end their suppression of human rights. Harvesting organs from living people in concentration camps IS NOT POLITICS. Conquering an independent democratic state and overturning their system of government IS NOT POLITICS. The American government has to work with China, as it is a global power. American companies are under no obligation to, and it is unethical for them to continue doing business there.
    [Deleted User]HatefullAeanderNephethAnweir
    goozmania said:
    The only acceptable apology is pulling out of China until they end their suppression of human rights. Harvesting organs from living people in concentration camps IS NOT POLITICS. Conquering an independent democratic state and overturning their system of government IS NOT POLITICS. The American government has to work with China, as it is a global power. American companies are under no obligation to, and it is unethical for them to continue doing business there.
    Hong Kong is not and never has been an independent, democratic state.  Hong Kong was a British colony before they were turned over to China.

The only independent country that China has conquered and annexed in the last century or so is Tibet, and I don't think they were a democracy before that, though my attempts at looking it up failed.  That said, Tibet is another reason to criticize the government of China, and one that hasn't been as prominent as some others recently.
    HatefullNephethIceAge
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

DMKano said:

That was the weakest apology ever

How so? Considering Blizzard did not owe an apology anyway, it seemed pretty legit to me.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    DMKano said:
    Hatefull said:

DMKano said:

How so? Considering Blizzard did not owe an apology anyway, it seemed pretty legit to me.

They said actions speak louder than words... they took no action

Blitzchung still has a 6 month ban

The 2 Taiwanese casters - still a 6 month ban for each

An apology without action is worthless.
    Well... J. A. Brack chose his words carefully by saying "we will do better going forward".
    Reading between the lines i've got "Blitzchung and the casters will remain banned but we will do better next time."
    Hatefull

DMKano said:
    Hatefull said:

DMKano said:

Well, instead of permaban and no prize money its 6 months and he gets his prize money...so show me where no action was taken.

Also, you headed to Hong Kong to help protest? I am sure they would love to have an American there to help them out, there are may there already FYI, you know, real activist, that want to make a real difference...instead of coming to a gaming site...to rant of (falsely in most instances) about how screwed up it is that gaming company does not want to be involved in politics...

Essentially, nut up, let's see how hard you are. Drop a note when you get to HK, I know some great places to eat there, oh and how to avoid the mob.
    NephethIceAge

Quizzical said:
    goozmania said:
    Hong Kong is not and never has been an independent, democratic state.  Hong Kong was a British colony before they were turned over to China.

The only independent country that China has conquered and annexed in the last century or so is Tibet, and I don't think they were a democracy before that, though my attempts at looking it up failed.  That said, Tibet is another reason to criticize the government of China, and one that hasn't been as prominent as some others recently.
    Hong Kong was an independent, democratic state when it was a British colony. China agreed to leave it as such, for a time. It has had its own government, its own elections and its own economic policy.
    NephethAnweir
    edited November 2019
    goozmania said:
    Quizzical said:
    goozmania said:

Hong Kong was an independent, democratic state when it was a British colony. China agreed to leave it as such, for a time. It has had its own government, its own elections and its own economic policy.
    Your sentences contradict one another. Before its return to China, Hong Kong was ruled by a governor that was appointed by and represented the Monarch of the UK. That is absolutely not a democracy. Essentially, you have no idea what you are on about.

Source
    Nepheth

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Hatefull said:
    DMKano said:
    Hatefull said:

DMKano said:

Essentially, nut up, let's see how hard you are. Drop a note when you get to HK, I know some great places to eat there, oh and how to avoid the mob.
    Unfortunately they are closing down a lot of the older vendors in HK. It's a shame because some of those malls have the best food in the city. Craving curry brisket soup now.
    Hatefull
    goozmania said:
    You say it's unethical for american companies to work with china, but I bet 90% of the things you own involved china. How unethical of you!
    HatefullAeanderNepheth
    Utinni said:
    goozmania said:
    You say it's unethical for american companies to work with china, but I bet 90% of the things you own involved china. How unethical of you!
    This really is the stupidest argument people can possibly make, and they continue doing it.
    HatefullAeanderNephethAnweir
    goozmania said:
    Utinni said:
    goozmania said:
    This really is the stupidest argument people can possibly make, and they continue doing it.
    Why? Because you can't defend it? It's true, is it not? You want others to stop supporting china but are unwilling to do it yourself. You cute.
    HatefullNepheth
  • DoomsDay01DoomsDay01 Member UncommonPosts: 783
    edited November 2019
    Hatefull said:
    DMKano said:
    Hatefull said:

DMKano said:

Well, instead of permaban and no prize money its 6 months and he gets his prize money...so show me where no action was taken.

You kinda missed the point. They broke no rule. There should not have been a ban to begin with. The rule stated they broke is a bs rule that says if we dont like something you say we can do what ever we want. Why have any other rule than that then? That covers everything. So anything besides completely reversing that decision is nothing more than meaningless.

Saying we will do better next time is not an apology, Its an excuse to get away with what they did.  They chose sides and the side they chose was china. The ONLY reason they did anything was it being high in the news and getting government officials involved. They didnt care one bit that their own employees walked out in protest. They can be replaced especially with all that china money rolling in.

Post edited by DoomsDay01 on
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Utinni said:
    goozmania said:
    Utinni said:
    goozmania said:
    Why? Because you can't defend it? It's true, is it not? You want others to stop supporting china but are unwilling to do it yourself. You cute.
    I mean, sure. You are absolutely right. When I buy clothes that say "made in China" I obviously support child labor and sweatshops.
    Hatefull[Deleted User]
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    DMKano said:
    Quizzical said:
    Did the article not quote the apology?  Or did it basically consist of, "I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what for"?

They said we are sorry.

Still kept 6 month bans in place.

Like literally didn't take any action at all to reverse the bans that are still in place
    They reversed the prize money though and lowered the ban by 50%, so they did take some action. Things that can cause outrage are always more fun though so lets conveniently skip that part for sake of the conversation.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    HatefullNepheth
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Loved it all ❤️