Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overwatch 2 Is Real, Receives Cinematic Trailer and Gameplay Trailer - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageOverwatch 2 Is Real, Receives Cinematic Trailer and Gameplay Trailer - MMORPG.com

So it looks like Overwatch 2 is real, as the game receives a brace of trailers showing off a cinematic and actual gameplay.

Read the full story here

Comments

• momintimmomintim Member UncommonPosts: 108

DMKano said:

I honestly can't tell much of a difference in gameplay - looks a lot like Overwatch 1

Yes there are differences - but it's more like Overwatch DLC than overwatch 2.

Just my 2c.

This seems like it could have been DLC for sure, but I guess time will tell if they have a huge world to play with. Wonder if this one will have pvp tact onto it.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

momintim said:

DMKano said:

I honestly can't tell much of a difference in gameplay - looks a lot like Overwatch 1

Just my 2c.

This seems like it could have been DLC for sure, but I guess time will tell if they have a huge world to play with. Wonder if this one will have pvp tact onto it.

It is a PvP based game. The PvE is just a few game modes. It's replacing OW1
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Neither this one or D4 are coming anytime soon.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    This is pretty much a stand alone expansion. 

But that term never really caught on so calling it a sequel makes as much sense as anything else. 

But since you can play it without owning Overwatch.. DLC does not fit the bill either. 

This have been a good conversation

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Customize abilities, level up heroes = Cool, nice addition.
    New Maps = whatever, yes it could of just been DLC.

Its forward progress for the Overwatch franchise, just hope they add a bit more to justify a whole new game instead of it being a 30$ DLC.
  • RellzRellz Member UncommonPosts: 46
    It's looks like Pixar film, I will definely pick this up the gameplay look fun
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Overwatch 2 = $60 DLC

[Deleted User]Palebane3domDhampirgastovski1
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    Seems pretty cool, hope they give it more than just a few pve missions, give it more depth than just moba feel.
  • achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    This really is bad, I though they will add a whole new PvE gameplay element to the game, but this looks like Overwatch 1 DLC. It's not enough to call this a whole new game.

Oh Blizzard... you hit the mark with Diablo 4, but missed it with Overwatch 2
    Dhampir
    achmede said:
    This really is bad, I though they will add a whole new PvE gameplay element to the game, but this looks like Overwatch 1 DLC. It's not enough to call this a whole new game.

Oh Blizzard... you hit the mark with Diablo 4, but missed it with Overwatch 2
    I guess that by PvE gameplay you really say.. stand-alone rpg gameplay. Because it sounds like OW2 will have a ton of PvE content... But Yes it is still framed by the shooter framework. 

• seraphis79seraphis79 Member UncommonPosts: 312
    I just don't get it.  It feels like it could have just been another game mode.
    Palebane[Deleted User]rojoArcueid3domgastovski1
  • BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240
    So like... Titan is finally out.
    JeroKanesschrupp

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited November 2019
    One of the great things about OW (for me) is that I only had to buy it once. I could always come back to fresh updates and a new hero or two when returning. OW2 has the potential to stall that. It will be interesting to see how they implement or integrate it with the first game for those that do not buy the sequel.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• LukzfreshLukzfresh Member UncommonPosts: 125
    This could have easily been added to Overwatch 1. So why Overwatch 2. SIMPLE- their investors said they need to make more games lol. So they made some BS. Also Diablo 4. WHY- for the same reason and because of the backlash from immortal. This game is no where near release. SO it’s all really fluff at the end of the day. Nothing new. Hearth expansion and WoW expansions are standard. Their simply putting this fluff out there to make them look better to their investors.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Overwatch is still the shit
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848
    Kumapon said:
    Overwatch 2 = $60 DLC

Why would it be $60 when the first game was $40?
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited November 2019
    DMKano said:

Just my 2c.
    I feel the same way about Destiny 2 and The Division 2. I guess releasing it as a sequel sells more than as an expansion.

Considering all these games are live services, they shouldn't have sequels, but big expansions instead. IMO.
    Palebane3dom

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I think people are forgetting about the "Activision" party in Activision-Blizzard. You know....the guys that need CoD every year, with micro-transactions....in a game that annually kills itself to replace itself and sell you the same micro-transactions are the previous. That Activision.
    bartoni33TacticalZombeh
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    They are doing the same thing in Hearthstone,just adding a new game mode but never improving the actual game.I see no reason why this isn't just tagged onto OW1,well from a gamer's standpoint,however it is obvious this is just a money grab.

I could say the exact same thing about the Diablo franchise,such a cheap game design that could have EASILY just been a steady flow of dlc's.Then again my fave shooter game Unreal Tournament "Epic"also did the same thing,all of it's new versions were sold as new games offering very little.

I have noticed that this past decade has been a constant attempt by developers to do very little but charge money for doing very little.These exact same attempts by Blizzard are typical f2p with micro transactions but Blizzard goes for the charge money up front because they know dummies will pay it and still pay micro transactions on top of it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Arterius said:

Should just added the PVE elements and the like to Overwatch 1 and charged $60 for a massive expansion. This just looks like Overwatch 1. Even has the same maps

But that is pretty much exactly what they do... only that you do not need to buy the original game... It is stand alone. If you have OW1 you get all the PvP stuff for free and pay for the PvE stuff. All your unlocked stuff and ranks and all just come along. You get the new heroes and maps for free... Just not the PvE content.
    [Deleted User]

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

Utinni said:

momintim said:

DMKano said:

Just my 2c.

It is a PvP based game. The PvE is just a few game modes. It's replacing OW1

There will be new PVP modes, but they are also focusing in PVE with this one by adding a campaign story mode, which isn't going to just be a one off story as they are aiming to continuously update with new campaigns, in addition to some other PVE mission modes. They said they're aiming to make a "lifestyle" game, that people can make their main game, or even only game by providing content for both types of players. Everything you earned from OW1 carries over, and every mode currently in OW1 as well.
    [Deleted User]
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    dafuq with all those bot posts back to back...?
    sarafan47
  • BC_AnimusBC_Animus Member UncommonPosts: 115
    I don't agree with it, but OW2 be good business for them. Assuming old skins aren't being carried over, this would be a quick and easy way to sell/resell new costume skins to their dedicated players. "New" game status would mean quick boost in stream numbers too, and free marketing due to all the reviews of the "new" game. Probably gonna adjust their current lootbox system too so it'll also comply with the few countries that have banned them. Blizzards been doing weird stuff in the past decade - right now they are mostly hanging on due to existing playerbase and past reputation IMO. I'd be interested to see what types of games their new batch of titles will turn out to be.
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    Looking forward to find out how much PvE co-op content there will be.