Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Red Dead Redemption 2 Launch Trailer Shows Off PC Glory - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageRed Dead Redemption 2 Launch Trailer Shows Off PC Glory - MMORPG.com

The launch trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC is now live, showcasing all dat PC glory.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758
    Would be nice to see some gameplay footage instead of a bunch of CGI that tells us very little.
    bartoni33
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

ReaperUk said:

Would be nice to see some gameplay footage instead of a bunch of CGI that tells us very little.

There is a whole years worth of gameplay footage from the consoles you can watch.
    bartoni33
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    edited November 2019

Asheram said:

ReaperUk said:

There is a whole years worth of gameplay footage from the consoles you can watch.

But it's not "showcasing all dat PC glory" though. Kinda the point of the trailer. I too would like to see some gameplay footage.

It's Rockstar though so unless they are going the route of Bioware and Bethesda it should be great.

Asheram

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Arterius said:

What magic is Rockstar doing with this port the recommend specs is less then my computer save by the graphics card which I have the 3GB version.

Do you think I will be able to play on High or Ultra? Is that Medium settings? I don't get how specifications work

You should be OK with "high" settings. Just go with whatever default settings it gives you and tweak from there. I bet it will default to "high".
    Asheram[Deleted User]Rellz

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455
    Arterius said:
    What magic is Rockstar doing with this port the recommend specs is less then my computer save by the graphics card which I have the 3GB version.

Do you think I will be able to play on High or Ultra? Is that Medium settings? I don't get how specifications work

150GB HD space?  Holy crap...
    Rellz

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

Ginaz said:
    Arterius said:

my download is 109.47 GB
  • MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 422
    edited November 2019
    500,000 unique lines of dialogue yeah its a bigly game, much room was created on my SSD for this title lol.
    Asherametlar

bartoni33 said:

Asheram said:

ReaperUk said:

But it's not "showcasing all dat PC glory" though. Kinda the point of the trailer. I too would like to see some gameplay footage.

It's Rockstar though so unless they are going the route of Bioware and Bethesda it should be great.

Actually there was gameplay in that video. At least they are not showing one thing then when you get game it doesnt look like what that 3 minute trailer looked like.

I would imagine that pc is going to look alot better than the console versions depending on your systems capabilities.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    What's the combat like in this game?  It require quick reflexes and precision aiming?
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355

What's the combat like in this game?  It require quick reflexes and precision aiming?

The little I played on XBox One it was third person shooter. I can't aim with squat with a controller, prefer mouse/keyboard. Will most likely buy into PC version.

The little I played on XBox One it was third person shooter. I can't aim with squat with a controller, prefer mouse/keyboard. Will most likely buy into PC version.
    It can be played in both 3rd and 1st person.
  • ShankTheTankShankTheTank Associate Editor / News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 217

ReaperUk said:

Rockstar almost always showcases actual gameplay in their trailers. There is no CGI in RDR 2 either. All cutscenes are rendered in real-time. So what you see in that trailer is what it will actually look like on PC, just like their PC announce trailer from a couple weeks back.
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    edited November 2019
    > HDD Space: 150GB

20Gb too much to squeeze it into my 250Gb SSD. If only they had Online-only client... Hopefully there aren't too many loading screens.

Thank you for your time!

• RellzRellz Member UncommonPosts: 46

3dom said:

> HDD Space: 150GB

20Gb too much to squeeze it into my 250Gb SSD. If only they had Online-only client... Hopefully there aren't too many loading screens.

I have the same size SSD, I just download black desert online, I guess I will be erasing that off my 250GB SSD sigh. Im sure Rocstar will impress most pc players
  • Ronald88Ronald88 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    What is the max level that you can get in the online version ? Is there a limit ?
  • SplitStream13SplitStream13 Member UncommonPosts: 250
    I'll never support a game developer that milks the same game for years on end. Currently this list includes Bethesda and Rockstar games. Console peasants might keep this as exclusive, I didn't miss a thing.
    Palebane
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited November 2019
    The game originally released over a year ago. Why did they wait so long for pc port? I know some games take much longer and some never make it, but this one surprised me and makes me think it had something to do with exclusive marketing rights or some bull, which really rubs me the wrong way.
    Post edited by Palebane on

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    edited November 2019
    Still not worthy to spend 10K+ bucks on a machine for this game.
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430

Kabulozo said:

Still not worthy to spend 10K+ bucks on a machine for this game.

Well you're in luck. I'll build you a computer for 8k... I mean, if you think you have to build a computer that costs 10k...

Is that even a thing?
  • WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
    edited November 2019
    Ginaz said:
    Arterius said:

Thats what i love to see though. The bigger the file normally means amazing graphics and a huge world and game. unless its horribly poorly coded but i doubt that from Rockstar. Im excited for this game and ive never played a red dead redemption game before