Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained Delayed to At Least 2020 - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 3,129
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageCamelot Unchained Delayed to At Least 2020 - MMORPG.com

Camelot Unchained has been delayed to at least 2020, according to a dev stream.

Read the full story here

Comments

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,813
    They offered refund requests and they're open and transparent. Good for them.
    ArteriusSovrathmcd6993tweedledumb99Prime_Directivegastovski1cheebaScotAgent_Josephnecrolockand 2 others.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member RarePosts: 550
    Looking forward to this one.
    Sovrathtweedledumb99bcbullygastovski1Agent_Joseph
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,947
    at least to 2020 - so that's the best case scenario.

So 21/22 is a lot more likely
    ArteriusmeddyckGinaztweedledumb99DryxalineKyleranLife2vgastovski1Agent_JosephTorval
  • AndrewGoatAndrewGoat Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Shocking. Truly.
    tweedledumb99
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,370
    18 months
    tweedledumb99Kylerangastovski1Torval

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

• ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,561
    More like 2022.
    DMKanoimmoralthangtweedledumb99Life2vgastovski1
    Currently playing: Witcher 3 (Xbox One X), TemTem

Currently Reading: Oathbringer (Stormlight Archive Book 3)

Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (2nd Draft)

• HerithiusHerithius Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Offering refunds to those that want it is a classy move. Shows integrity/confidence in their product. So many take the cash and run.
    SovrathIselinArteriusSlapshot1188ultimateduckmcd6993tweedledumb99DryxalineGdemamigastovski1and 4 others.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 13,290
    Herithius said:
    Offering refunds to those that want it is a classy move. Shows integrity/confidence in their product. So many take the cash and run.
    It's the main thing that has always set CU apart from the other crowdfunded MMORPGs in development.
    tweedledumb99KyleranNeptus
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
    Herithius said:
    Yeah I have respect from them for giving me a refund but I have heard over the last few months they have been more stingy about refunds. I mean I have been contacted through Discord and this site asking how I got the refund because they aren't responding to their email or not giving them a refund in general. 
    tweedledumb99Neptus

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 2,719
    Arterius said:
    Herithius said:
    Yeah I have respect from them for giving me a refund but I have heard over the last few months they have been more stingy about refunds. I mean I have been contacted through Discord and this site asking how I got the refund because they aren't responding to their email or not giving them a refund in general. 
    I am one of the people who contacted you.  I emailed their support twice about a refund and never got a response.  At this point, it's probably a moot point anyway.  I'm sure I no longer have the same credit card that I used to back the game five years ago, so I'm not sure how they'd even process the refund.
    Arteriustweedledumb99
    On massivlyOp Mark Jacobs stated that he agrees with someone %100 that the game won't come out till 2021 unless things ramp up considerably

https://massivelyop.com/2019/10/31/camelot-unchained-is-about-to-host-a-halloween-state-of-the-game-episode/ 
    gervaise1tweedledumb99

• DarthDowtyDarthDowty Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Not surprised but also still looking forward to it. I'd like to start seeing more of it though, I havnt backed it yet but may do once more is shown.
    tweedledumb99
    Well, I just e-mailed their support for the third time asking about a refund on my $60 pledge.  Maybe I'll get an answer this time.
    UnbinoTorval
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,813

Not surprised but also still looking forward to it. I'd like to start seeing more of it though, I havnt backed it yet but may do once more is shown.

I don't back any games for a variety of reasons.

1) I'm mainly stingy
    2) I only play 1 game at a time, so if I back a game and i'm balls deep in another game, I won't switch it for another one.
    3) I don't really care about in-game perks and what not, I can buy any in-game perk after the fact anyway.
    4) I do enough gambling as it is, don't need to gamble on something else.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    edited November 2019
    Not a surprise to anybody I would hope. Lots of backers had concluded it wouldn't launch in 2019 months ago. CSE chose to wait until now to make it official for reasons. There were conflicting statements about a new launch date during the stream (first Mark would talk about it next year but then during the Q&A he talked pretty confidently about launch or open beta in 2020), but I see little reason to expect launch in 2020 either. Maybe 2021.
    tweedledumb99

Camelot Unchained Backer
    DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,775
    edited November 2019
    Iselin said:
    Herithius said:
    It's the main thing that has always set CU apart from the other crowdfunded MMORPGs in development.

The only "surprise" to many is that it took this long to announce. I said that it was, imo, very difficult to square the circle of MJ saying launch this year with what was being suggested. That, at least, has been resolved. For me though it still begs the question: "what did they think they were going to launch" back in June that led the team to say it would be out this year.

Especially if MJ is now agreeing that it won't be until 2021. What has changed to go from "released within 6 months" back in June to "no release for at least 14 months" just 4 months later? Worrying times. 

(And yes I have read the comments in the massivelyop link but .... well lets just say that the previous comments don't fill me with confidence.

This reminds me of an occasion in the US were the head of a Project Management team was fired when it was discovered that the project he was running would be late. The reason for the dismissal was twofold: either the person knew it would be late and had been the schedule look good / reporting that all was fine or b) they were incompetent. Either was deemed a good enough reason for dismissal.

Those are the vibes I get. 

For me though the "surprise" was when I discovered in this CU thread:
    https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/481004/would-you-have-backed-cu-if-you-knew-it-would-take-this-long/p4
    that back in June CU had only raised $4.7M of crowdfunding.

Which, as I said back then, pretty much - makes CU an investor funded game with some pre-orders.

I hope CU gets things sorted. I fear that either a) it is going to get harder to raise new funding or b) funding raised is going to increase still further the "requirement" to recoup the funding and go on to make a profit. Somehow. 

GdemamiKyleranTorval
  • tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 285
    edited November 2019
    Well, I just e-mailed their support for the third time asking about a refund on my $60 pledge.  Maybe I'll get an answer this time.
    Ping CSE_Brian on the CU discord, and ask him if theyve gotten your email(s), and what the status is (not that you asked for advice, but here it is).

Hope they speed up the process for you - if the refunds are open and you want one, it shouldnt be like pulling teeth to get one.
    Ping CSE_Brian on the CU discord, and ask him if theyve gotten your email(s), and what the status is (not that you asked for advice, but here it is).

Hope they speed up the process for you - if the refunds are open and you want one, it shouldnt be like pulling teeth to get one.
    OK, thanks!  Do you happen to have a link to their discord server?
  • achesomaachesoma Member UncommonPosts: 1,099
    The irony of these old-school style, indie MMOs is that half their target audience will be dead by the time they release.
    BruceYeeKyleranmeddyckAgent_Josephtweedledumb99Warhawke80
    Image result for pantheon mmo banners
  • Panzerbeorne39Panzerbeorne39 Member UncommonPosts: 123
    I’m totally fatigued with hearing about this game. When I first read about it years ago my interest was piqued now at this point I couldn’t care less. I still think they should change the name though to something more unique and exciting. Anything titled “unchained” is hokey.
    meddyckKylerantweedledumb99
    I’m totally fatigued with hearing about this game. When I first read about it years ago my interest was piqued now at this point I couldn’t care less. I still think they should change the name though to something more unique and exciting. Anything titled “unchained” is hokey.
    Two suggested names I see frequently on the CU FB page:

Camelot Unfinished

Camelot Unreleased
    KyleranmeddyckUnbinoShaigh
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member RarePosts: 1,728
    Someone needs to come up with a term for the feeling of hopelessness + agony you get when a game you were once really hyped about stays in development too long.
    meddyck
  • immoralthangimmoralthang Member UncommonPosts: 253
    I predict another huge delay for Crowfall, Ashes of Creation, and Star Citizen to follow. Doesn't that put the FUN in crowdFUNding?
    Scot
  • MensurMensur Member RarePosts: 864
    edited November 2019
    Honest and cool devs! I have no problem waiting! <3 Scam Citizen could learn a few things from them!
    UnbinoAgent_Joseph

Proud MMORPG.com member since 2009! 

• Morgenes83Morgenes83 Member UncommonPosts: 131

Two suggested names I see frequently on the CU FB page:

Camelot Unfinished

Camelot Unreleased

Camelot Unplayed
    Unbinomysticmouse

1997 Meridian 59 'til 2019 ESO 

Waiting for Camelot Unchained & Pantheon