Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long has your ship been in concept? (Infographic)

Comments

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    What's it called when you know you got screwed but because you've invested so much you defend it anyways?
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Cotic said:
    Mom look, theyre scheming and plotting against us

Oooh, all the EVE fans are out to get us
    Oooh, all the Elite fans are out to get us

Lawl

Yah, no. Jus ppl laughing at non delivery of payed for goods mon
    If Eve is so great, why take the time to repost a reddit post ? I'm about to use logic , so don't strain yourself. Got my first coffee of the day as well, ready to roll.
    I dont even play EVE mon, gave that game up years ago. I just like the avatar yeah.

As for why I post, well saw it on reddit and why not? Fans post stuff from reddit all the time so...
    edited October 2019
    Cotic said:
    Cotic said:
    Mom look, theyre scheming and plotting against us

Oooh, all the EVE fans are out to get us
    Oooh, all the Elite fans are out to get us

Lawl

Yah, no. Jus ppl laughing at non delivery of payed for goods mon
    If Eve is so great, why take the time to repost a reddit post ? I'm about to use logic , so don't strain yourself. Got my first coffee of the day as well, ready to roll.
    I dont even play EVE mon, gave that game up years ago. I just like the avatar yeah.

As for why I post, well saw it on reddit and why not? Fans post stuff from reddit all the time so...
    Interesting, carry on then, since you've been in the know and are truly the only person educated enough to post which games are scams and which are not. Please, continue... 
    Star citizen does all of that for itself, no one else needs to do nothing.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    edited October 2019
    Utinni said:
    What's it called when you know you got screwed but because you've invested so much you defend it anyways?
    Shill?

noun
    noun: shill; plural noun: shills
    1. an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.
      • a person who pretends to give an impartial endorsement of something in which they themselves have an interest.
        "a megamillionaire who makes more money as a shill for corporate products than he does for playing basketball"
    verb
    verb: shill; 3rd person present: shills; past tense: shilled; past participle: shilled; gerund or present participle: shilling
    act or work as a shill.

Mendel
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Total scam, no way I can carry cargo into my ship...... 

Glad you can do a few things.  I bought it for Squadron42.  Many years ago.  Can I login and play that?  Heck, they ever removed one of the reasons I bought 3 copies... co-op play from what I understand has been removed.   Even if they just released the first 10 missions as “part 1” I could accept it for awhile.  But I got nothing.  Zero. Nadda.  

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    edited October 2019
    "Star Citizen is an upcoming multiplayer space trading and combat game developed and published by Cloud Imperium Games for Microsoft Windows. Development of the game began in 2011 led by director Chris Roberts, and is being mostly financed from a large crowdfunding campaign of over US$250 million."

I pledged in 2014...

It's one thing to take longer because of "Ambition" but to make so much money and still not deliver the product is another.. to keep asking for money.. after so much time (2011) and money (250M+) is a giant red flag. We may not see the final product until 2025. That used to sound crazy but its only 5 years away. Considering they are already making so much money from the "Alpha" it's not farfetched CR would keep it going until then. 

I've already come to terms that the game is NOT going to be what it was advertised as. I didn't even ask for the money back, it wasn't that much that I pledged but for the whales, I think this is going to end in a giant lawsuit.  People are holding on to the dream and CIG does enough in the alpha to keep people spending and "wishful thinking". 

I actually work down the street from the RSI building here in Santa Monica, eat lunch with some of them weekly.. they seem to be optimistic about the work they are doing, but are unhappy with CR and the way development is running. 

I think a game will "EVENTUALLY" release but it will be far from what was promised.
    Slapshot1188MendelArglebargle
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

Sound the klaxxon, stanton citizen is having a meltdown, Ahooogaaaa

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    What do the screenshots have to do with ships being sold years ago, but not being delivered?
    klash2defNorseGod
    ohioastro said:
    What do the screenshots have to do with ships being sold years ago, but not being delivered?
    I'm curious how something is not delivered in an alpha ?  Like  an alpha phase is a working production test. 
    The ships in the infogrpahic are missing yah?
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited October 2019
    Utinni said:
    Sunk cost fallacy is one possible answer.  The cost is already sunk and gone no matter how much they defend it but they double down and keep going because they are unable to admit that even to themselves.

Though I suspect most these days are actually shills.  (Definition already provided earlier in this thread by Tiller).  The two aren't entirely mutually exclusive but in this case it's probably mostly the latter.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Total scam, no way I can carry cargo into my ship...... 

Glad you can do a few things.  I bought it for Squadron42.  Many years ago.  Can I login and play that?  Heck, they ever removed one of the reasons I bought 3 copies... co-op play from what I understand has been removed.   Even if they just released the first 10 missions as “part 1” I could accept it for awhile.  But I got nothing.  Zero. Nadda.  
    Don't assume, bring links and quotes. This is the internet, not a factless cesspool of derek smart's "IMHO"
    What are you even talking about.  What links and quotes should I bring?

There is no playable version of Squadron 42.  If there is, link it.  I’ll wait.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Cotic said:
    Sound the klaxxon, stanton citizen is having a meltdown, Ahooogaaaa

Total meltdown :

Amazing vistas . That is why I  am a Citizen :) .
    Ur a citizen cos u a sucka

in 7 yrs they have done less than what they said they could do in 2
    for 300$ million they have done less than what they said they could do for 23$ million

TillerErillionPingu2012
    U can post all vids ya like, dont change the fact ships in that infographic are still missing. Some which were sold near 6 years ago and counting.

Cotic said:
    U can post all vids ya like, dont change the fact ships in that infographic are still missing. Some which were sold near 6 years ago and counting.

But hey, you can fly other ships, just not the one you might have paid for lol. Scam
    Cotic
    SWG Bloodfin vet

For some stupid reason, some guy is spamming this thread with pics of the few ships that are in-game when this thread is clearly about ships that aren't in-game yet.  Oh well.
    TillerCotic
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited October 2019
    The game will continue to speak by itself and render that graph irrelevant, as it did with many before that one and exhausted dead horse arguments.

Then you guys will move to the next thing to have a go at the game with.

Same old. Naysayers are working overtime, I guess they have no games to play lol
    [Deleted User]CoticWalkinGlennnewbismx
    MaxBacon said:
    The game will continue to speak by itself and render that graph irrelevant, as it did with many before that one and exhausted dead horse arguments.

Same old. Naysayers are working overtime, I guess they have no games to play lol
    Yah game speaks for itself n every1 laughs lol
    newbismx
    MaxBacon said:

Why aren't you playing SC right now instead of posting here defending your game that needs no defending because it speaks for itself?
    NorseGod
    SWG Bloodfin vet

MaxBacon said:

It's been five years so far, but hey, what's another five years to toss into the pile, am I right?  Im sure what you say will come to pass.  In an infinite timeline, anything will happen eventually!
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited October 2019
    Cotic said:
    No only haters on their never-ending mission to discredit the game in every way possible.

Tiller said:
    Why aren't you playing SC right now instead of posting here defending your game that needs no defending because it speaks for itself?
    I am, that's why I'm not wasting much time with responses :p

It's been five years so far, but hey, what's another five years to toss into the pile, am I right?  Im sure what you say will come to pass.  In an infinite timeline, anything will happen eventually!
    And it has shown a great amount of playable progress in those five years. And it shall continue doing so, as is, in years to come, how many I don't know, for now, I already play and have fun with it.
    [Deleted User]
    MaxBacon said:
    Cotic said:
    No only haters on their never-ending mission to discredit the game in every way possible.

Tiller said:

And it has shown a great amount of playable progress in those five years. And it shall continue doing so, as is, in years to come, how many I don't know, for now, I already play and have fun with it.
    Well you sure put a lot of time into responses for not putting anytime into responses here lol.

Game has over 70 playable ships . 

https://starcitizen.tools/Category:Ships

with many many more for development. Again, scale and scope  are beyond anything done in pc gaming history.
    And again, you can fly other ships, just not the one you might have paid for lol. Scam

SWG Bloodfin vet

MaxBacon said:
    Cotic said:

Tiller said:

U can say all the haterz are out to get ya but it dont change what they are sayin.
    The game is a fraction of what it meant to be
    The game so far has cost hugely more than it were meant to cost
    The game has real low concurrency
    Ppl are still missing goods 5 yrs and more after paying for them

No claims of haters or discreditin or other is gonna change those facts

Have at it whiteknight
    NorseGod
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    edited October 2019
    Game has over 70 playable ships . 

https://starcitizen.tools/Category:Ships

with many many more for development. Again, scale and scope  are beyond anything done in pc gaming history.
    Yeah right.  I've been playing a Newtonian space dogfighting MMO that had "over 70 playable ships" in... 2006?

It even has player manufacturable, multi-crew capital ships you can launch fighters from.

That's what you're going to have to compete against.  I also game on a Mac.

I sincerely hope SC makes it sometime early next decade (if only for the well being of the Roberts family), but enough with your "beyond anything done in pc gaming history" unless you are going on about immersion ladders or something. Your post reads like that guy from Star Wars: A New Hope.
    Cotic

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

One fact I do know. two people made the block list today.
    Doing every1 else a favor right there
    Cotic said:
    One fact I do know. two people made the block list today.
    Doing every1 else a favor right there
    I know, that's how you know you won the argument and they know you are right, they give up.  And who announces they are blocking people? lol
    SWG Bloodfin vet

This discussion has been closed.