Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Preload for Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Now Live - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imagePreload for Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Now Live - MMORPG.com

Preload for Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC is live now on the Rockstar Games Launcher ahead of the November 5 release.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Oh wow!

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• RellzRellz Member UncommonPosts: 46
    awesome
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited October 2019
    uh look, a year old game, yäi, totaly have to buy it for 60 euro...

uh wait.. nm. no i don't ^^
    [Deleted User]QuicksandjimmywolfBakgrindRonald88rpmcmurphyLife2vmazut

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited October 2019

Arterius said:

I'll get it went I get back from DisneyWorld. Hated the controls on console and look forward to playing with a keyboard. The fifth is when I leave though so no point in buying it now

Well if you plan on buying it of rs launcher you get the special edition for the same price as the base game on other platforms, $60, and the ultimate edition which gives online bonus along with what special gives for $80 instead of the regular $100 price tag. Plus you get a free game, used to be 2 but now its 1.
    I am glad RS is doing a preload.
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    I would play Rockstar games, but they stole 1000 hours playtime from my GTA5.

They are not able to protect their players from the evil, you get raped 2 times with them, one time by the hackers, antoher time by Rockstar for being hacked.

I cant express how bitter i am on them, but i could stop playing their games and supporting their company. In Germany we say Scheissladen ^^
    RoinLife2v

Thane said:

Just wait for a steam sale.
  • chilltime99chilltime99 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    time to purge my ridiculously small ssd...
    RellzTiller
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited October 2019
    Arterius said:
    I'll get it went I get back from DisneyWorld. Hated the controls on console and look forward to playing with a keyboard. The fifth is when I leave though so no point in buying it now
    Rockstar always have some sort of problems. GTA has the stupidest controls on console. No one in their right mind would make a game where you have to mash a button to run faster.... only Rockstar. Their problem on PC for me has always been hacks and cheaters because they never seem to know how to secure their servers.

EDIT: actually, its not just on console their controls suck. I remember playing GTA5 on PC with a controller and it forces me to mash the running button to run faster.... ridiculous. Seems to be tied to the controller, not the platform.
    [Deleted User]Life2v

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855
    edited October 2019

Arterius said:

Rockstar always have some sort of problems. GTA has the stupidest controls on console. No one in their right mind would make a game where you have to mash a button to run faster.... only Rockstar. Their problem on PC for me has always been hacks and cheaters because they never seem to know how to secure their servers.

EDIT: actually, its not just on console their controls suck. I remember playing GTA5 on PC with a controller and it forces me to mash the running button to run faster.... ridiculous. Seems to be tied to the controller, not the platform.

Actually, you just hold shift to run in gtaV but i agree on all other accounts :) Edit: i misread, im retarded some days!
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180
    edited October 2019
    109.47 GB download size...this might be the largest game (filesize-wise) that I've purchased.

Samhael
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855
    i envy you guys who are gonna play this soon, ill be waiting for the steam launch, not because of hate against epic, but because the steam client makes using controllers super easy, and even if youre not using an xbox controller, you can just use a setup the community has made, and alter that. so i much prefer steam for the time being.  
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

Thane said:

A year old? Not the PC version. Some people (like me) have never played it so it's Brand New to us. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    edited October 2019
    Anyone know how the PC controls would be?
    Console games ported to PC tend to be really odd and in some cases no keymapper. And one more thing, 150GB dafuq??
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Maurgrim said:
    Anyone know how the PC controls would be?
    Console games ported to PC tend to be really odd and in some cases no keymapper.
    I don't think anyone knows yet, but Rockstar just released Rockstar Launcher for PC, and they've promised stuff like multi-monitor support for PC. It looks like they're investing to make this a good port.

Also their previous PC ports have had good controls, so I'd say it's very high chance this is going to be good port too. But I don't think anyone knows for sure yet.
    TacticalZombehMaurgrim

• hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    i'll wait a bit for black friday sale or winter sale to grab it, 60€ now... no
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    So I couldn't find space for it on my 250Gb SSD, even with all the games on the other drive :-(

No clue how Windows and user folder managed to bloat that big (100Gb+).

Thank you for your time!

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited October 2019
    3dom said:
    So I couldn't find space for it on my 250Gb SSD, even with all the games on the other drive :-(

You should try running CCleaner
      https://www.ccleaner.com/

It's a program that can check and delete temporary stuff. For example running it right now on my computer I found that Chrome had stored 6GB of webpages loaded from internet on my hard disk.

Then if running CCleaner doesn't free up enough space, start checking your user folder what is taking up the space. Usually you have something stupid like 4GB of saves left by a single old game taking up unnecessary space in your user folder. You can right click + select properties to see how much a folder takes up space, or lasso + right click + select properties to see how much a group of folders/files takes space. Usually there's something simple that you can delete.
    bartoni33Asheram

3dom said:

Same problem here
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    Right click your C drive and select Properties. Click the Disk Cleanup button. That may take a minute to load... then click the "Clean up system files" button in the lower left. When that finishes calculating, you'll have a good idea on what can be cleaned up. Windows Update files (on my PC 6 GB right there) and a bunch of other things. Also, google "ATF Cleaner" -- it's a freeware utility that can go through and scrub your various temp folders. It's a huge time saver.