Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Halloween Sale on Steam

ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
edited October 2019 in General Gaming
Well I only have 14 games on my list to play so I guess I will have to get something, I am seeing a lot of discounts on my wishlist, the temptation to buy is building. :)

Hitman 2 Gold has been bagged 60% off. Shadow of War Definitive 60% off, Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Croft 73% off, Sherlock Holmes Crime and Punishment 75% off, Vampyr 66% off, Stasis 66% off, Dungeons 3 80% off.

I had to read this astonishingly long guide just to buy the Hitman game and make sure I was getting what I wanted. Marketing doing their best dodgy business practices to make it as confusing as possible. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1580201161

Meanwhile none of the rest took more than 2 mins to work out which to buy!

A mixture of action adventure, rpg/puzzler and detective puzzler, just my sort of thing.

What are you guys getting and why?
Post edited by Scot on
Palebane

Comments

• MarkoHenryMarkoHenry Newbie CommonPosts: 4
    Glad to read this interesting post!
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Glad to read this interesting post!
    I got my eye on you MarkoHenry, no links as yet but you have the hallmarks of an adbot. If you are not my apologies and welcome to the forums. :)
    SovrathGorwe
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    DMKano said:
    I am in the same boat every year .... I have too many games in my library. 

Not enough time

Have everything already over 800 games in my steam library now

First world problems...

Same situation here.  BUT I just cant say no to a Steam sale  :(   Im weak.
    Scot
    edited October 2019
    Still no suggestions for me as yet, I have played and recommend the ones DMKano mentioned.
    Post edited by Scot on
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    good thing I don't like hitman series lol, even with 60% discount is costing me over 130,00

not many on my list too, i'm still waiting to find time to finish what i'm playing now

2 point hospital is with a 66% of discount no man sky with 50%, but still no time
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited October 2019
    I got two more factions for Endless Space 2, Supreme and Vaulters. Also picked up the Destiny 2 Forsaken xpac and the old-school shooter, Dusk because it has really good reviews and is perfect for the time of year. Almost picked up Vampyr too, but not yet hehe.

Ive had Hitman2 in my library since last Christmas but havent touched it yet. Maybe one day.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Was going to get Vampyr on the switch but at 66% off it is a no brainer.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Me too too many games on steam and I only play one game at a time so I am not going to buy any more games I have told myself severely and I will chastise myself if I break this promise.
    Palebane

• DafAtRandomDafAtRandom Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I also have the same disease where my library far outgrows the time I get to game.  So I've made a few houserules for myself.
    I only buy games that fall under 5$ (usually indie titles) or games that are 70%+ off.
    It's been working great for me so far.
    Phaserlight
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    So many games in library I haven't gotten to yet. Plus a bunch on my list.

But considering getting one or two of the following Phantom Doctrine, Frostpunk, Planetbase, Jurassic World Evolution, Elminage Original.

• DafAtRandomDafAtRandom Member UncommonPosts: 124
    So many games in library I haven't gotten to yet. Plus a bunch on my list.

But considering getting one or two of the following Phantom Doctrine, Frostpunk, Planetbase, Jurassic World Evolution, Elminage Original.

I can vouch for Elminage Original, assuming you're a fan of dungeon crawlers ala Wizardry.  Elminage Gothic is also a good pickup.
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    I am. Up till very recently I'd upload my own portraits and make another run through Wizardry 8 every year or two. :smiley:
    Scot

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    DMKano said:
    I am in the same boat every year .... I have too many games in my library. 

Not enough time

Have everything already over 800 games in my steam library now

First world problems...
    I've been carrying about a dozen games in in my Steam library so I can't see buying more.

One thing I'm sure of, today's prices won't be the lowest or last time the game is offered so I lose nothing by waiting.
    ScotMendel

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    I also have the same disease where my library far outgrows the time I get to game.  So I've made a few houserules for myself.
    I only buy games that fall under 5$ (usually indie titles) or games that are 70%+ off.
    It's been working great for me so far.
    Problem is Steam will sometimes have games priced at $15 you end up spending $4.50 on that really ought to be $1 or $2 or free.

This go around I am in danger of getting Steamworld: Dig, and Joggernauts. Dear Lord, will I ever play these?
    Scot

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Ended up buying DUSK and Amid Evil because they came in a bundle and I really enjoy the modern resurgence of 90's FPS games. 
    Palebane
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Cotic said:
    Vampyr is very good. Even cheaper on Origin (free with the Basic sub.)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Ended up buying DUSK and Amid Evil because they came in a bundle and I really enjoy the modern resurgence of 90's FPS games. 
    I had one of those on Wishlist now added the other, but the discount its not enough besides I am back up to twenty games on my list now. :)
    Panther2103
    Iselin said:
    Cotic said:
    Then it is not free, but a good find all the same. :)
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    picked up Graveyard Keeper
    Horusra said:
    I saw that one last night. How u like it?

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Palebane said:
    Horusra said:
    have not gotten into it yet.  just got it this morning

Horusra said:
    Palebane said:
    Horusra said:
    have not gotten into it yet.  just got it this morning

Well hurry up Im too lazy to read anyone else's review :p
    HorusraKyleranScot

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Gorwe said:
    For all of dads and moms that love to stay home to take care of their loved ones, or rest of people on the search for an opportunity to pull in some extra income for their family month after month let me share a remarkable opportunity to explore...Read more here........https://bit.ly/2qPkxOO
    I wonder what happens if you click on that...
    It takes you to the Star Citizen homepage.
    SensaiScotGorwe

..Cake..

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Scot said:
    Iselin said:
    Cotic said:
    Then it is not free, but a good find all the same. :)
    Fair enough but the PC basic sub is $29.99 / year and has about 200 games with it: all the ME, DA and KOTOR games, Vampyr, Anthem, Fifa, Madden... Not free but very cheap.

As much as I hate EA in general, can't knock them for that.
    Scot
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Gorwe said:
    How's Chaosbane anyhow? Is it really appallingly bad?
    Yes.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Gorwe
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer