Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fast Zombies or Slow Zombies?!

EhliyaEhliya Member UncommonPosts: 223
What I would really like to know is what type of zombie will they model?  

Comments

• NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by Ehliya
    What I would really like to know is what type of zombie will they model?  

I hope they go with the Romero rule set (Romero zombies) and they should give people that subscribe from Georgia a special "thinking outside the box" buff. 

• EhliyaEhliya Member UncommonPosts: 223

I would prefer slow zombies since it would make for a more interesting survival game.

There are two paths they can go.

If they plan to make this a survival game where they model encumbrance and the human body need for food, water and sleep, then players will need to carefully think about where they go and what they do.    Movement uses energy,  In this scheme, slow zombies work since their great advantage is they never stop.

However, In the usual MMO, people run everywhere constantly, in full suits of armor (and often carrying another 26 full suits of armor in their "backpack") and hitting the jump key every other step for good measure.  If they go that route, then they should go fast zombies.

Maybe they can mix the two.  But if they go fast zombies, then I don't see how they can model the survival stuff.  No one will be able to get away except in a car, bike or cycle.

• InvalidStringInvalidString Member Posts: 9

They did show some horde footage - more like this?

]

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

I would really love slow (but tough and sneaky) zombies as well. As Romero once said, it becomes more of an action play than a terrifying experience otherwise: because the zombies are constantly in your face there is no buildup of tension.

From the footage I saw it seems like they're the fast type though.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• EhliyaEhliya Member UncommonPosts: 223

Fast or slow, the thing that attracts me is the idea that the zombies will be a real threat and that players will need to work together.

Please SOE, don't make this another one of those "zombie survival" games that instead are really just arena death matches between people with sniper rifles.  We have a million FPS "kill anything that moves that isn't me" type games.  Make one game at least where people benefit from working together.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

For now they have only 1 model of zombie, when the basic and core stuff is over, they will start doing more zombie,, crawling. fast zombie, fat zombie, build zombie, all kind of zombie, they even stated somewhere they will be a kind of berserker one. like a crazy powerfull one, I could be wrong about this 1 tho..

follow them on their h1z1 reddit, they take all kind of suggestion and very active with the community. they do stream so we can see what going on 

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    as long humans can run faster then zombies:) not like in Dayz where zombies run same speed.
  • TheQuietGamerTheQuietGamer Member Posts: 317
    Romero zombies are cool in a creepy kinda way, but in a pure shit-your-pants way its gotta be Danny Boyle zombies. 
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Slow with no endurance loss...humans fast with endurance loss
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

They can add both.

1)Slow fully mindless zombies that hit very hard and also

2) Infected people that are fast and enraged due to the infection still driving them mad. Since they are confused and losing their minds they attack fast and crazy but cant focus well on a target so their accuracy is lower but also hit hard.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    If they have slow zombies, then players need to get tired.
  • asdarasdar Member UncommonPosts: 662

I like the idea of both, but in a natural way.

For example if you got bit and turned into a zombie you'd be fast, but because you're totally focused on getting to your food you're not careful like a person. If you're wild you'd fall off things or step in things but still blindly charge even if you hurt yourself.

So a LOT of zombies are hurt zombies, broken legs or even missing limbs would make a zombie slow. The best, in my opinion is both, with slow zombies showing signs of injury (missing feet, broken legs)

I don't like being too safe, but I also don't want to be always mobbed. The super slow zombies always annoy me because it seems you could just grab a bat and whack 100 easily.

Asdar

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    I think that the idea is that 1 fast person could MAYBE survive against 1 million super dumb, slow zombies. You get smart, fast zombies and you're cooked. Although I'm sure they'd eat you raw, too. I vote for slow, but fast are much more threatening. Maybe have undead track stars too? 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I find the old slow zombies more terrifying.  The fast zombies you die in like a second...The slow zombies creep up on you, and mentally you break down because you know there's nothing you can do to stop them, you will eventually be surrounded and eaten :D  It's the mental build up that slow zombies bring that makes them terrifying.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk
    I think that the idea is that 1 fast person could MAYBE survive against 1 million super dumb, slow zombies. You get smart, fast zombies and you're cooked. Although I'm sure they'd eat you raw, too. I vote for slow, but fast are much more threatening. Maybe have undead track stars too? 

I like the idea of slower zombies, or at least not all of them being fast.

One of the most annoying things about the movie presentation of World War Z (not the same in the book) was they went with crazy fast zombies, heck, they could do 20 foot horizontal leaps, and if that's really how the zombie plague went, humanity wouldn't have a chance.

Z-Nation seems to have a better balance, the freshly turned are quite quick, almost normal human running speed, however the older zombies are your traditional slow but relentless movers.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• progamer98progamer98 Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    edited October 2019
    I've played this game already, however, I don't find it as amazing. If you ask me about my best game then I would say earn to die 3. There's no doubt people like us will definitely love this game.
  • steven07steven07 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Gravarg said:
    I find the old slow zombies more terrifying.  The fast zombies you die in like a second...The slow zombies creep up on you, and mentally you break down because you know there's nothing you can do to stop them, you will eventually be surrounded and eaten :D  It's the mental build up that slow zombies bring that makes them terrifying.
     I don't find it as amazing. If you ask me about my best game then I would say earn to die 3. There's no doubt people like us will definitely love games