Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long has your ship been in concept? (Infographic)

Comments

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Tiller said:
    NorseGod said:
    Tiller said:

I know I'm exaggerating, but you get the point.
    Are you though? I mean I watched a Q&A webcast about all possible different colors of fire that will be in game.

Seriously, that was my moment I realized this was over.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    edited October 2019
    Utinni said:
    Who cares they are adding alien poop.
    Much ambitious. 
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • sacredcow4sacredcow4 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Viper482 said:
    Biggest scam in the history of PC gaming. How many tens of millions has this guy stolen so far? 

In come the white knights....keep feeding him $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. 
    It has to be a money laundering front.
    NorseGod
     I've been here a while...
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited October 2019
    The haters are working overtime because Citizencon is coming.

It's like a clock, let the drama-llama thread spam begin.

Also, my ship was already flyable when I backed the game, it is your choice to pledge for a ship on concept or in thee flyable stage, especially since they do not give a release date for concepts.
    BabuinixErillionWalkinGlenn
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    MaxBacon said:

Yeap like clockwork they come out after a new path of a freeflight, mostly the usual Elite and EvE fanboys decompressing and some trolls tagging along :D

I'd say Let them, funding always gets higher when they come out the woodwork B)
    ErillionWalkinGlenn
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited October 2019
    Babuinix said:y
    MaxBacon said:

Yeap like clockwork they come out after a new path of a freeflight, mostly the usual Elite and EvE fanboys decompressing and some trolls tagging along :D

Of course funding goes up after the absurdity of the whole affair is brought up.  

Fans double down trying to wash away the reality of the situation with a liberal application of new money, zealots often do such things.

Still wont be launch anytime in the next 3 years.

newbismxNorseGodklash2defsomeforumguy

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Babuinix said:
    MaxBacon said:

Meh most of this is not related to elite anymore, even when the elite arguments were always being pasted years ago it was by spite trolls just to pick a fight.

Now those arguments are mostly gone, as Elite development is multiple years past when people expected to have several core mechanics they did plan post-launch.
    edited October 2019
    Kyleran said:
    MaxBacon said:

Of course funding goes up after the absurdity of the whole affair is brought up.  

Fans double down trying to wash away the reality of the situation with a liberal application of new money, zealots often do such things.

What do you mean? That the backers supporting the game expect it to be released tomorrow or next year? 

No, the backers are simply not whining about it on a daily basis on random internet forums unlike most of the people here, who vast majority actually do NOT even own the game lol 

As the famous saying goes "The dogs bark as the caravan passes by."
    bcbully
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    Game looks sick!  What's the release date?
    NorseGod
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    anyone who has tested SC, has a better grasp of what it takes to make this ships playable. The amount of systems and animations , are beyond any scope of anything currently available to play. 

Think these kind of threads should be locked immediately. 
    that goes to the whole point of the 'haters' from day one. He was SELLING shit for REAL money he knew he had zero ABILITY to make. You can argue scope and most aggressive or whatever catch phrase you want,. But if you sell something that you know you cant produce thats FRAUD, plain and simple. The only reason he and others get away with it is because the laws havent caught up yet.

FIVE years later and they still havent gotten out of the theoretical phase. When does it become obvious they cant be delivered at all? The alternative, which is just as scummy, is he forgot' about those ships and since he already has the money (and spent it) why make them? Just make more and more concept ships to sell to the same fools who havent gotten the other ships they spent money on years ago.

What about the worms? The tanks? Land? What else has been sold that people forget about that isnt close to reality (virtual or otherwise)?

Its another year since people were claiming all sorts of 'milestones'. Only milestone that matters is a retail ready game. Which is so far from being realized it isnt even worth talking about. 7 years and 250+ million plus loans (known and unknown) and still not even close to having an actual GAME. Literally the ONLY thing keeping this thing going is the propensity at which people throw good money after bad at it.
    NorseGodnewbismx
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    MaxBacon said:
    Kyleran said:
    MaxBacon said:

What do you mean? That the backers supporting the game expect it to be released tomorrow or next year? 

No, the backers are simply not whining about it on a daily basis on random internet forums unlike most of the people here, who vast majority actually do NOT even own the game lol 

As the famous saying goes "The dogs bark as the caravan passes by."
    Im a backer... I expected to get my Squadron 42 years ago.  The whole game. Plus add on mission pack. I was told it was going to be ready years ago by CR.  I believed him.  It’s been so long that one of the PCs I upgraded “to play” Squadron 42 is about to be replaced... for the second time.

Heck I even bought 3 packages for the game because Squadron 42 was promised to be co-op multiplayer...

So yeah... I’m a backer.  You do not speak for us.  Please just speak for yourself.

NorseGodnewbismxKefoklash2defsomeforumguy

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited October 2019

So yeah... I’m a backer.  You do not speak for us.  Please just speak for yourself.

Talking a general rule is not saying all, as obviously that would never be the case.

Here, being a backer is being the minority. While you are one that invested and waited for years, you are still not the one involved in the daily whinings on this forum about the game.... those come from vast majority people who do not own or even have any interest in the title.

That is what I am talking about, "The dogs bark as the caravan passes by."
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited October 2019
    MaxBacon said:

Illuminati confirmed!

This is how I know you are crazy, because I didn't know anything about a convention and I don't care. I'm sure most of us here feel the same. My opinion of this game has and always be the same no mater what time of the year.  To think that this is some planned attack on your precious game in coordination with some stupid convention no one outside your group is talking about is laughable.

Babuinix said:
    MaxBacon said:

You guys are precious. You caught me, I never bash SC until around convention time. xD Again, see response above.

NorseGodnewbismx
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

edited October 2019
    Tiller said:  

This is how I know you are crazy, because I didn't know anything about a convention and I don't care. I'm sure most of us here feel the same. My opinion of this game has and always be the same no mater what time of the year.  To think that this is some planned attack on your precious game in coordination with some stupid convention no one outside your group is talking about is laughable. 

lol, I am talking about the ones creating the drama-llama threads, not the usual posters saying the usual thing on every SC thread they run into....

Every year when the main events of the game, or a large milestone is nearing release, "the usual naysayers naysay harder", this has become a tradition of sorts.

Must be an Illuminati conspiracy.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    MaxBacon said:
    Tiller said:  

lol, I am talking about the ones creating the drama-llama threads, not the usual posters saying the usual thing on every SC thread they run into....

Every year when the main events of the game, or a large milestone is nearing release, "the usual naysayers naysay harder", this has become a tradition of sorts.

irony is so strong it almost melted my PC
    MaxBaconNorseGod
    rodarin said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Tiller said:  

The scope of this irony has never been tried before. It's a very ambitious irony. Also, this irony is still in alpha.
    edited October 2019
    rodarin said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Tiller said:  

You're one to talk about irony hehe,  I still remember your obsessive millisecond analysis of the 3.0 update video trying to claim they were faking something that was already available in the game :D 
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    MaxBacon said:
    Tiller said:  

Well, There's been so many years to point out the tradition of CIG not delivering on their promises and deadlines.  

And before a certain someone chimes in about 'building a team, setting up an infrastructure', you'd think Mr. Genius Developer would have considered that before he started his long, long trip off the rails.  The most expensive development ever, and what you got is what you got.   Given Emperor Roberts past history, there will continue to be delays.   And delays.   And more delays....

Go back and look pragmatically at all the stretch goals on the run up of crowdfunding.  Some of them were quite reasonable, easy to produce.  Others were just throwing darts blindly, with no  plan or clue of being produced.  

It'll be a long, long time before some of those ships get delivered.  And the other 99 systems promised?  Well,  at one every two months,  that'd be over 15 years......
    NorseGod

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    MaxBacon said:

Talking a general rule is not saying all, as obviously that would never be the case.

Here, being a backer is being the minority. While you are one that invested and waited for years, you are still not the one involved in the daily whinings on this forum about the game.... those come from vast majority people who do not own or even have any interest in the title.

That is what I am talking about, "The dogs bark as the caravan passes by."
    Because we are not involved in "daily whinings" does not mean that most backers are not extraordinarily frustrated with the development of the game.  Please stick to just talking about yourself and your feelings and do not attempt to state what the rest of us feel.

Kefo

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Bait posted, trolls come crawling out.
    bcbully
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    There's no point in arguing with the cult members about this game, guys.  When the ships are still just concepts two, three, four years from now, they'll still be making excuses.  They have a faith based response, not a rational one.  They are true believers.
    NorseGodlaxieTillerBeansnBreadnewbismxIceAgeWalkinGlennklash2def
  • bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    I had to step in when I found out my trekkie dad gave thousands to some scammer on the internet. I filed a police report, but they said there wasn't anything they could do, as it was clearly stated on the website that no service is guaranteed and terms are subject to change. My inheritance better be pretty damn sweet when it comes out.
    NorseGod
    edited October 2019
    goboygo said:
    Makes me want to me to fix @MightyUnclean's post "There's no point in arguing with the hate cult members about this game, guys. "

Any words said are wasted words, this is not about the game at all, just posters grinding their axes on this bait threads
    RoinWalkinGlenn
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited October 2019
    MaxBacon said:
    goboygo said:
    Makes me want to me to fix @MightyUnclean's post "There's no point in arguing with the hate cult members about this game, guys. "

Any words said are wasted words when people are just here to bait a fight, this is not about the game at all lol
    Nah man, you misunderstand.  I don't hate the game, or its supporters.  I hate it when financial predators prey on the gullible.
    rpmcmurphyklash2defAmathe
    edited October 2019
    MaxBacon said:
    goboygo said:

Any words said are wasted words when people are just here to bait a fight, this is not about the game at all lol
    Nah man, you misunderstand.  I don't hate the game, or its supporters.  I hate it when financial predators prey on the gullible.
    Oh dear, the sheer delusion of that comment... The main reason people make all this fuss about SC is that it shiny crowdfunded money total, such success attracted this sort of attention.

If you really hate financial predators preying on gullible I suggest you save your efforts to fight against gambling practices on gaming, preying on the addiction of adults and children.
    Roin
This discussion has been closed.