Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unchained crashing after Cryengine spalsh screen

QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
From launch, up to last night, the game has launched and played fine, but today when trying to get on, the game crashes to desktop right after the Cryengine splash screen before the server select screen. Anyone else having this issue, and does anyone know a fix?

Nothing on my end has changed since logging on last night.

www.90and9.net
www.prophecymma.com

Comments

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Ahh, thats a huge help. Thank you!

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    I've yet been able to play, even last night when I bought the game.

The splash screens are just black, then it's like the bodies will not load. I couldn't see the body when I made my character, just a black screen. I couldn't see my body (or the bodies of the NPCs) when I entered the game, just eyeballs and armor. I've removed the game and reloaded twice... then the patch came out. Now I just drop to desktop after my black screen and the audio Cryengine plays...lol.
  • stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512
    I've yet been able to play, even last night when I bought the game.

The splash screens are just black, then it's like the bodies will not load. I couldn't see the body when I made my character, just a black screen. I couldn't see my body (or the bodies of the NPCs) when I entered the game, just eyeballs and armor. I've removed the game and reloaded twice... then the patch came out. Now I just drop to desktop after my black screen and the audio Cryengine plays...lol.

The game caches shaders as you play. You should start to see a drop in the 'black eyeballs and armor' as you go.
    ultimateduck

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    stayBlind said:

The game caches shaders as you play. You should start to see a drop in the 'black eyeballs and armor' as you go.
    Odd, but ok... if I ever get a chance to log in.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    DMKano said:
    The servers are down and Gamigo is terrible at communicating these issues.

Yes the game crashes now when the servers are down /facepalm
    Can you do something about that lol? If I have to spend any more of today listening to my girlfriend complain about a game I don't care about. I might throw her PC out the window.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    DMKano said:
    Roin said:
    DMKano said:
    The servers are down and Gamigo is terrible at communicating these issues.

Yes the game crashes now when the servers are down /facepalm
    Can you do something about that lol? If I have to spend any more of today listening to my girlfriend complain about a game I don't care about. I might throw her PC out the window.

Umm yes  dont play games published by trash tier companies?

I mean the NA servers went down at 8am PDT and are still down.

Lulz 

Also there is another exploit (not archepass) in game that this maintenance is not even fixing. 

Before the servers went down there were players with 27,000 gold after the new exploit lol

Oops - what are they gonna do now?

Players are already calling for server wipes and starting again from scratch 

Total shitshow 

You're preaching to the choir.  I've had dealings with Gamigo, and she has as well. But like far too many of us gamers. Do one nice thing, and all the bad things you do are forgiven, is pretty much stuck in her head.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.