Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long has your ship been in concept? (Infographic)

245

Comments

  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,259
    edited October 30
    NorseGod said:
    Tiller said:
    If you all OK with the development cycle, why even get mad over threads like this? It's showing the data, nothing more. Could it be you all secretly harbor frustration over the length in development so this is kind of sore spot for you as well? You can't tell me you all would be happy if those ships take another 7 years to show up, and 10 beyond that before all promised features for this game are in place. Then again fan-ism knows no bounds.
    Exactly. How is this our fault?

    7+ years in, 99 systems behind.

    Instead, they put in caves and are now developing alien poop (no joke) to discover in those caves.

    Excuse me, but "you just don't understand alien poop development, like true believers", isn't a valid argument, nor a legit reason to attack us. We didn't make those poor decisions, the studio did.
    And see there is the problem, they are so ADHD and do not know how to prioritize development; which is a CR thing. Instead of working on all the ship models, scripting, debugging, they focus on stupid shit that is probably easier, but still takes a long time and becomes hard because CR changes his mind about things setting development cycle back months with something like poop.

    "Could we maybe adding a throw-poop feature to make finding poop more fun?"

    6 moths later-"Oh the physics aren't right, it should splat and not flake into pieces when it hits a player."

    2 months later-"too much splat, less splat deformation please"

    1 month later- "ok show me the flaking animation again, maybe add a bit of both splat deformation and breaking into pieces depending on the environments humidity levels which should take into account the near by water source, time of year, moon cycle and what flora or fauna was available to ingest at the time of defecation.

    3 months later- "ok you know what, lets just put that feature on hold, lets talk about coding smells into the game, then we can go back to poop dynamics"


    I know I'm exaggerating, but you get the point.
    ArglebargleNorseGod


  • UtinniUtinni Member RarePosts: 1,239
    Who cares they are adding alien poop.
    NorseGod
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,455
    Tiller said:
    NorseGod said:
    Tiller said:





    I know I'm exaggerating, but you get the point.
    Are you though? I mean I watched a Q&A webcast about all possible different colors of fire that will be in game.

    Seriously, that was my moment I realized this was over.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,455
    edited October 30
    Utinni said:
    Who cares they are adding alien poop.
    Much ambitious. 
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 1,719
    edited October 30
    Tiller said:
    NorseGod said:
    Tiller said:
    If you all OK with the development cycle, why even get mad over threads like this? It's showing the data, nothing more. Could it be you all secretly harbor frustration over the length in development so this is kind of sore spot for you as well? You can't tell me you all would be happy if those ships take another 7 years to show up, and 10 beyond that before all promised features for this game are in place. Then again fan-ism knows no bounds.
    Exactly. How is this our fault?

    7+ years in, 99 systems behind.

    Instead, they put in caves and are now developing alien poop (no joke) to discover in those caves.

    Excuse me, but "you just don't understand alien poop development, like true believers", isn't a valid argument, nor a legit reason to attack us. We didn't make those poor decisions, the studio did.
    And see there is the problem, they are so ADHD and do not know how to prioritize development; which is a CR thing. Instead of working on all the ship models, scripting, debugging, they focus on stupid shit that is probably easier, but still takes a long time and becomes hard because CR changes his mind about things setting development cycle back months with something like poop.

    "Could we maybe adding a throw-poop feature to make finding poop more fun?"

    6 moths later-"Oh the physics aren't right, it should splat and not flake into pieces when it hits a player."

    2 months later-"too much splat, less splat deformation please"

    1 month later- "ok show me the flaking animation again, maybe add a bit of both splat deformation and breaking into pieces depending on the environments humidity levels which should take into account the near by water source, time of year, moon cycle and what flora or fauna was available to ingest at the time of defecation.

    3 months later- "ok you know what, lets just put that feature on hold, lets talk about coding smells into the game, then we can go back to poop dynamics"


    I know I'm exaggerating, but you get the point.
    No I don't get your point at all. Think your negativity towards something many people are enjoying is redundant. 

    Can you name any other game in development that studios all overe the world working on one game ? I can't, can you even imagine the amount of code that exists already for the game ? Maybe is this was some rag tag mr. smart game, it would be easier to finish, but it is not a sub level game, it is a reinvention of the word "AAA" . 

    Keep on keeping. 
    Kyleranbcbullynewbismxsomeforumguy
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
  • sacredcow4sacredcow4 Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Viper482 said:
    Biggest scam in the history of PC gaming. How many tens of millions has this guy stolen so far? 

    In come the white knights....keep feeding him $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. 
    It has to be a money laundering front.
    NorseGod
     I've been here a while...
  • Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 1,719
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
  • Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 1,719
    So this is a copy and paste from reddit.  #facepalm
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,115
    edited October 30
    The haters are working overtime because Citizencon is coming.

    It's like a clock, let the drama-llama thread spam begin.


    Also, my ship was already flyable when I backed the game, it is your choice to pledge for a ship on concept or in thee flyable stage, especially since they do not give a release date for concepts.
    BabuinixErillionWalkinGlenn
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 2,516
    MaxBacon said:
    The haters are working overtime because Citizencon is coming.

    It's like a clock, let the drama-llama thread spam begin.
    Yeap like clockwork they come out after a new path of a freeflight, mostly the usual Elite and EvE fanboys decompressing and some trolls tagging along :D

    I'd say Let them, funding always gets higher when they come out the woodwork B)
    ErillionWalkinGlenn
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,498
    edited October 30
    Babuinix said:y
    MaxBacon said:
    The haters are working overtime because Citizencon is coming.

    It's like a clock, let the drama-llama thread spam begin.
    Yeap like clockwork they come out after a new path of a freeflight, mostly the usual Elite and EvE fanboys decompressing and some trolls tagging along :D

    I'd say Let them, funding always gets higher when they come out the woodwork B)
    Of course funding goes up after the absurdity of the whole affair is brought up.  

    Fans double down trying to wash away the reality of the situation with a liberal application of new money, zealots often do such things.

    Still wont be launch anytime in the next 3 years.




    newbismxNorseGodklash2defsomeforumguy

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,115
    Babuinix said:
    MaxBacon said:
    The haters are working overtime because Citizencon is coming.

    It's like a clock, let the drama-llama thread spam begin.
    Yeap like clockwork they come out after a new path of a freeflight, mostly the usual Elite and EvE fanboys decompressing and some trolls tagging along :D

    I'd say Let them, funding always gets higher when they come out the woodwork B)
    Meh most of this is not related to elite anymore, even when the elite arguments were always being pasted years ago it was by spite trolls just to pick a fight.

    Now those arguments are mostly gone, as Elite development is multiple years past when people expected to have several core mechanics they did plan post-launch.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,115
    edited October 30
    Kyleran said:
    Babuinix said:y
    MaxBacon said:
    The haters are working overtime because Citizencon is coming.

    It's like a clock, let the drama-llama thread spam begin.
    Yeap like clockwork they come out after a new path of a freeflight, mostly the usual Elite and EvE fanboys decompressing and some trolls tagging along :D

    I'd say Let them, funding always gets higher when they come out the woodwork B)
    Of course funding goes up after the absurdity of the whole affair is brought up.  

    Fans double down trying to wash away the reality of the situation with a liberal application of new money, zealots often do such things.

    Still wont be launch anytime in the next 3 years.




    What do you mean? That the backers supporting the game expect it to be released tomorrow or next year? 

    No, the backers are simply not whining about it on a daily basis on random internet forums unlike most of the people here, who vast majority actually do NOT even own the game lol 


    As the famous saying goes "The dogs bark as the caravan passes by."
    bcbully
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 323
    Game looks sick!  What's the release date?
    NorseGod
  • rodarinrodarin Member RarePosts: 2,469
    anyone who has tested SC, has a better grasp of what it takes to make this ships playable. The amount of systems and animations , are beyond any scope of anything currently available to play. 

    Think these kind of threads should be locked immediately. 
    that goes to the whole point of the 'haters' from day one. He was SELLING shit for REAL money he knew he had zero ABILITY to make. You can argue scope and most aggressive or whatever catch phrase you want,. But if you sell something that you know you cant produce thats FRAUD, plain and simple. The only reason he and others get away with it is because the laws havent caught up yet.

    FIVE years later and they still havent gotten out of the theoretical phase. When does it become obvious they cant be delivered at all? The alternative, which is just as scummy, is he forgot' about those ships and since he already has the money (and spent it) why make them? Just make more and more concept ships to sell to the same fools who havent gotten the other ships they spent money on years ago.

    What about the worms? The tanks? Land? What else has been sold that people forget about that isnt close to reality (virtual or otherwise)?

    Its another year since people were claiming all sorts of 'milestones'. Only milestone that matters is a retail ready game. Which is so far from being realized it isnt even worth talking about. 7 years and 250+ million plus loans (known and unknown) and still not even close to having an actual GAME. Literally the ONLY thing keeping this thing going is the propensity at which people throw good money after bad at it.
    NorseGodnewbismx
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,200
    MaxBacon said:
    Kyleran said:
    Babuinix said:y
    MaxBacon said:
    The haters are working overtime because Citizencon is coming.

    It's like a clock, let the drama-llama thread spam begin.
    Yeap like clockwork they come out after a new path of a freeflight, mostly the usual Elite and EvE fanboys decompressing and some trolls tagging along :D

    I'd say Let them, funding always gets higher when they come out the woodwork B)
    Of course funding goes up after the absurdity of the whole affair is brought up.  

    Fans double down trying to wash away the reality of the situation with a liberal application of new money, zealots often do such things.

    Still wont be launch anytime in the next 3 years.




    What do you mean? That the backers supporting the game expect it to be released tomorrow or next year? 

    No, the backers are simply not whining about it on a daily basis on random internet forums unlike most of the people here, who vast majority actually do NOT even own the game lol 


    As the famous saying goes "The dogs bark as the caravan passes by."
    Im a backer... I expected to get my Squadron 42 years ago.  The whole game. Plus add on mission pack. I was told it was going to be ready years ago by CR.  I believed him.  It’s been so long that one of the PCs I upgraded “to play” Squadron 42 is about to be replaced... for the second time.

    Heck I even bought 3 packages for the game because Squadron 42 was promised to be co-op multiplayer...

    So yeah... I’m a backer.  You do not speak for us.  Please just speak for yourself.

    NorseGodnewbismxKefoklash2defsomeforumguy

    "I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

    Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

    Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

    Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

    "Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

    My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,115
    edited October 30

    So yeah... I’m a backer.  You do not speak for us.  Please just speak for yourself.

    Talking a general rule is not saying all, as obviously that would never be the case.

     Here, being a backer is being the minority. While you are one that invested and waited for years, you are still not the one involved in the daily whinings on this forum about the game.... those come from vast majority people who do not own or even have any interest in the title.

    That is what I am talking about, "The dogs bark as the caravan passes by."
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,259
    edited October 30
    MaxBacon said:
    The haters are working overtime because Citizencon is coming.

    It's like a clock, let the drama-llama thread spam begin.

     

    Illuminati confirmed!

    This is how I know you are crazy, because I didn't know anything about a convention and I don't care. I'm sure most of us here feel the same. My opinion of this game has and always be the same no mater what time of the year.  To think that this is some planned attack on your precious game in coordination with some stupid convention no one outside your group is talking about is laughable.


    Babuinix said:
    MaxBacon said:
    The haters are working overtime because Citizencon is coming.

    It's like a clock, let the drama-llama thread spam begin.
    Yeap like clockwork they come out after a new path of a freeflight, mostly the usual Elite and EvE fanboys decompressing and some trolls tagging along :D

    I'd say Let them, funding always gets higher when they come out the woodwork B)
    You guys are precious. You caught me, I never bash SC until around convention time. xD Again, see response above.

    NorseGodnewbismx


  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,115
    edited October 30
    Tiller said:  

    This is how I know you are crazy, because I didn't know anything about a convention and I don't care. I'm sure most of us here feel the same. My opinion of this game has and always be the same no mater what time of the year.  To think that this is some planned attack on your precious game in coordination with some stupid convention no one outside your group is talking about is laughable. 



    lol, I am talking about the ones creating the drama-llama threads, not the usual posters saying the usual thing on every SC thread they run into....

    Every year when the main events of the game, or a large milestone is nearing release, "the usual naysayers naysay harder", this has become a tradition of sorts.


    Must be an Illuminati conspiracy.
  • rodarinrodarin Member RarePosts: 2,469
    MaxBacon said:
    Tiller said:  

    This is how I know you are crazy, because I didn't know anything about a convention and I don't care. I'm sure most of us here feel the same. My opinion of this game has and always be the same no mater what time of the year.  To think that this is some planned attack on your precious game in coordination with some stupid convention no one outside your group is talking about is laughable. 



    lol, I am talking about the ones creating the drama-llama threads, not the usual posters saying the usual thing on every SC thread they run into....

    Every year when the main events of the game, or a large milestone is nearing release, "the usual naysayers naysay harder", this has become a tradition of sorts.


    Must be an Illuminati conspiracy.
    irony is so strong it almost melted my PC
    MaxBaconNorseGod
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,455
    rodarin said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Tiller said:  


    irony is so strong it almost melted my PC
    The scope of this irony has never been tried before. It's a very ambitious irony. Also, this irony is still in alpha.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,115
    edited October 31
    rodarin said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Tiller said:  

    This is how I know you are crazy, because I didn't know anything about a convention and I don't care. I'm sure most of us here feel the same. My opinion of this game has and always be the same no mater what time of the year.  To think that this is some planned attack on your precious game in coordination with some stupid convention no one outside your group is talking about is laughable. 



    lol, I am talking about the ones creating the drama-llama threads, not the usual posters saying the usual thing on every SC thread they run into....

    Every year when the main events of the game, or a large milestone is nearing release, "the usual naysayers naysay harder", this has become a tradition of sorts.


    Must be an Illuminati conspiracy.
    irony is so strong it almost melted my PC
    You're one to talk about irony hehe,  I still remember your obsessive millisecond analysis of the 3.0 update video trying to claim they were faking something that was already available in the game :D 
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member RarePosts: 2,630
    MaxBacon said:
    Tiller said:  

    This is how I know you are crazy, because I didn't know anything about a convention and I don't care. I'm sure most of us here feel the same. My opinion of this game has and always be the same no mater what time of the year.  To think that this is some planned attack on your precious game in coordination with some stupid convention no one outside your group is talking about is laughable. 



    lol, I am talking about the ones creating the drama-llama threads, not the usual posters saying the usual thing on every SC thread they run into....

    Every year when the main events of the game, or a large milestone is nearing release, "the usual naysayers naysay harder", this has become a tradition of sorts.


    Must be an Illuminati conspiracy.
    Well, There's been so many years to point out the tradition of CIG not delivering on their promises and deadlines.  

    And before a certain someone chimes in about 'building a team, setting up an infrastructure', you'd think Mr. Genius Developer would have considered that before he started his long, long trip off the rails.  The most expensive development ever, and what you got is what you got.   Given Emperor Roberts past history, there will continue to be delays.   And delays.   And more delays....

    Go back and look pragmatically at all the stretch goals on the run up of crowdfunding.  Some of them were quite reasonable, easy to produce.  Others were just throwing darts blindly, with no  plan or clue of being produced.  

    It'll be a long, long time before some of those ships get delivered.  And the other 99 systems promised?  Well,  at one every two months,  that'd be over 15 years......
    NorseGod

    If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,200
    MaxBacon said:

    So yeah... I’m a backer.  You do not speak for us.  Please just speak for yourself.

    Talking a general rule is not saying all, as obviously that would never be the case.

     Here, being a backer is being the minority. While you are one that invested and waited for years, you are still not the one involved in the daily whinings on this forum about the game.... those come from vast majority people who do not own or even have any interest in the title.

    That is what I am talking about, "The dogs bark as the caravan passes by."
    Because we are not involved in "daily whinings" does not mean that most backers are not extraordinarily frustrated with the development of the game.  Please stick to just talking about yourself and your feelings and do not attempt to state what the rest of us feel.

    Kefo

    "I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

    Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

    Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

    Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

    "Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

    My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,104
    Bait posted, trolls come crawling out.
    bcbully
This discussion has been closed.