Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Stats

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited October 2019
    Babuinix said:
    Why wouldn't you had realistic variables when you're the one trying to reach some kind of realistic conclusion from these numbers?
    Your last few posts have been about the average concurrency, that is all we had been discussing.

You talk about "fudging" and here you are doing precisely that, talking about one thing and then trying to sneak something else onboard.

Babuinix said:
    Remember, You posted the graphic and it was You who started adding variables like number of player based on assumptions to push a inconclusive conclusion as a fact.

Here's what I said "We can also say that if all 1.5 million paying backers have tried the game over the last 10 months it would mean they played for roughly 6 hours each, aka 2 evening play sessions out of 300 potential evening sessions."

Babuinix said:
    Again, like the last thread, just another desperate tactic of obfuscation and deceit as an excuse to atack the game lol
    Just cos you say these things does not make them true. I think it's just that you have been exposed using obfuscation and deceit and now you want to project it on someone else cos U Mad.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited October 2019
    And could you make statistics on the number of players? It seems to me that every month less people play in SC. I do not want to be alone in space. :( 
    After all, in space, no one can hear you scream
    Post with your main, Mr. Post Count 1.

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    >>>
    CIG: 4 ships sold in the last 4 hours.
    Me: An average of 1 per hour.
    >>>

That IS wrong math.

That value is only valid for the 4 hours you are looking at. And is in no way representative for a longer period of time.

Try "Me: An average of 1 per hour over the last 4 hours."

Have fun

Another troll enters the chat....

Is everyone that shows you how to do proper math and statistics a troll ?

Have fun
    KyleranMensur
    edited October 2019
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    Go on then, who else has supposedly shown "proper maths and statistics" Erillion?

Your correction was nothing more than trolling because my example contained all the information it needed for the point being made aka Keep It Simple Stupid.
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    Go on then, who else has supposedly shown "proper maths and statistics" Erillion?

Your correction was nothing more than trolling because my example contained all the information it needed for the point being made aka Keep It Simple Stupid.
    Not everyone IS "stupid".

So KISS principle is needed for some, but not needed for others.

Your example was a wrong example. "Simple" as explanation for "wrong" is still "wrong".

Have fun
    Kyleran
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited October 2019
    Babuinix said:
    Why wouldn't you had realistic variables when you're the one trying to reach some kind of realistic conclusion from these numbers?
    Your last few posts have been about the average concurrency, that is all we had been discussing.

You talk about "fudging" and here you are doing precisely that, talking about one thing and then trying to sneak something else onboard.

Babuinix said:
    Remember, You posted the graphic and it was You who started adding variables like number of player based on assumptions to push a inconclusive conclusion as a fact.

Here's what I said "We can also say that if all 1.5 million paying backers have tried the game over the last 10 months it would mean they played for roughly 6 hours each, aka 2 evening play sessions out of 300 potential evening sessions."

Babuinix said:
    Again, like the last thread, just another desperate tactic of obfuscation and deceit as an excuse to atack the game lol
    Just cos you say these things does not make them true. I think it's just that you have been exposed using obfuscation and deceit and now you want to project it on someone else cos U Mad.
    But you're the one making threads about the graphic and making up theories with made up numbers to make you feel better  :D

I guess when you've spent years of your life trying to push the idea that Star Citizen is collapsing financially and that nobody plays it's hard to face the facts and all it's left is grasping at straws lol
    Erillion said:
    Not everyone IS "stupid".

So KISS principle is needed for some, but not needed for others.

Your example was a wrong example. "Simple" as explanation for "wrong" is still "wrong".

Oh for goodness sake, thanks for confirming the trolling I guess...

It is you that is wrong. My example was perfectly correct within the constraints of the information used.

I'm flagging you for trolling and baiting.
    Kyleran
    Babuinix said:
    But you're the one making threads about the graphic and making up theories with made up numbers to make you feel better  :D
    And you can get reported as well for your incessant trolling.

You guys are so transparent with your attempts to provoke fights in the hope of getting the thread locked down.
    Babuinix said:
    I guess when you've spent years of your life trying to push the idea that Star Citizen is collapsing financially and that nobody plays it's hard to face the facts and all it's left is grasping at straws lol
    Except that is not what I have done at all. So stop lying, stop trolling and do something else instead.
    NorseGod
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    C'mon now,  telling people they are wrong about something is not trolling,  I've been doing it with great success for many years as others make it so very easy.

>:) 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    C'mon now,  telling people they are wrong about something is not trolling,  I've been doing it with great success for many years as others make it so very easy.

Well Erillion does have a reputation of pulling this shit, so if he's doing what he has regularly done in the past I'm more than happy to call him out on it.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Kyleran said:

rpmcmurphy
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited October 2019
    lol thread is already 5 pages of drama-llama?

Man, citizencon is still a month away I think it's a bit early for the "haters" to be already working overtime to discredit the game in every way possible. 

What an obsession... don't you guys have games to have fun with instead of spending so much time hating something?
    HatefullBabuinix
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Hatefull said:
    Not really no. You see YOU are making a big deal out of the numbers for some unknown reason as you seem to care nothing for the game. CIG is using the numbers to provide people that DO care about the game a bit of irrelevant information.
    You're reading far too much into this. Posting a thread and breaking down 1 number is not making a big deal at all.

CIG are not providing the numbers for those who care (unless you mean for shills so they can brag)? They are posting it as a marketing infographic to make their game appear more successful to impress potential backers.

Hatefull said:
    While I do applaud your math, your numbers are still inaccurate as you only pulled from one source and I know I bought SC and play it through a stand-alone launcher. Not that one player is going to change your math drastically in this made-up numbers mud-slinging contest, but I am sure I am not alone in that, even you admit that your numbers are not accurate.

I don't even know what this means. There is only one source and there is only one way to play Star Citizen and that is through CIG's launcher.

Hatefull said:
    So what you are saying is essentially you come here to waste your time arguing about a game you don't care about, with inaccurate numbers you try to pawn off as facts and defend this as if it made any difference at all...to what ends?

I am no huge fan of this game, but I bought and intend to play it assuming I am still alive when it finally releases. But as @MaxBacon said, this is an absolutely pointless discussion made even more so by the obvious fact all you want to do is sling mud even though I would bet you have never even logged into the game.
    And here we go...

Save the attempts at shaming or trying to make this personal mate, I really don't care about your opinion of me or your assumptions as to why I call out bullshit marketing numbers.

If you and every other fanboi find these threads so useless and irrelevant you can probably guess exactly what you need to do, it only requires 2 words...

Yes, exactly, that is precisely what you should do. LOL calling me a fanboi only illuminates your ignorance, not that it needed to be made more clear. Since you have hours a day to sit and respond to people you "don't care about" on a game you have no intention of playing. Your life must be really special.

My Bad, I was under the impression that CIG was launching through another platform as well, I guess I lose my fanboi qualification, lol!

So yeah, fuck off.
    MaxBaconrpmcmurphyBabuinix

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

edited October 2019
    Hatefull said:
    Yes, exactly, that is precisely what you should do. LOL calling me a fanboi only illuminates your ignorance, not that it needed to be made more clear. Since you have hours a day to sit and respond to people you "don't care about" on a game you have no intention of playing. Your life must be really special.

My Bad, I was under the impression that CIG was launching through another platform as well, I guess I lose my fanboi qualification, lol!

So yeah, fuck off.

What is happening on this forum now is really incredible.

It's you and now even @gervaise1 I noticed are now under attack with "fanboi" labels to dismiss arguments.

These people are getting more and more aggressive and sunk on a sort of blinded hate for the game, their participation here is hunting down anyone not sharing the negative-nancy views on everything I guess. --'
    rpmcmurphyBabuinix
    Hatefull said:

So yeah, fuck off.
    And this is my issue with people like yourself or the fanbois around here, always with the slurs, attempts at shaming and going for personal attacks.

You had no need to do that in your original post but you chose to and you got called out and now you're doubling down... clever...

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    MaxBacon said:
    Hatefull said:

So yeah, fuck off.

What is happening on this forum now is really incredible.

It's you and now even @gervaise1 I noticed are not under attack with "fanboi" labels to dismiss arguments.

These people are getting more and more aggressive and sunk on a sort of blinded hate for the game, their participation here is hunting down anyone not sharing the negative-nancy views on everything I guess. --'
    I know, I am done with this, the idiot that started the troll fest is now crying because all he wanted to do was troll, calling fanboi, then crying because (he/she not sure) get it shoved down his neck...all about a game she cares nothing for, just wants to mud sling. Truly pathetic imo.

Anyway, off to work.
    Babuinix

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

edited October 2019
    MaxBacon said:

This is so far from the truth,

Hateful took a swipe, gets called out for it because it was simply unnecessary and now he doubles down with shaming and shit and you think he's the one under attack....
    Babs is constantly taking swipes and trying to paint people as liars, deceitful people etc yet you think he's the one under attack....

Completey and utterly bonkers... you've lost all perspective and objectivity if that is what you see.
    newbismxBabuinix
    edited October 2019
    Hatefull said:
    I know, I am done with this, the idiot that started the troll fest is now crying because all he wanted to do was troll, calling fanboi, then crying because (he/she not sure) get it shoved down his neck...all about a game she cares nothing for, just wants to mud sling. Truly pathetic imo.

Anyway, off to work.
    And this proves my point. Can't argue something without attacking the person.

It is totally unnecessary. 

I guess the username checks out though...
    edited October 2019
    MaxBacon said:

This is so far from the truth,

Hateful took a swipe, gets called out for it because it was simply unnecessary and now he doubles down with shaming and shit and you think he's the one under attack....
    Babs is constantly taking swipes and trying to paint people as something else yet he's the one under attack by your perspective....

Completey and utterly bonkers... you've lost all perspective and objectivity if that is what you see.

--- you know what nevermind this is waste of time anyway
    rpmcmurphy
    edited October 2019
    MaxBacon said:
    There was a time we could have nice discussions with each other without it jumping into toxicity and even bans. It's no longer possible.
    Unfortunately those days are long past, I think things really went downhill once DS started kicking off.

MaxBacon said:
    And you want to blame the "fanbois"? The thread list is clear as to what posters have been baiting the fights.
    No, I want to blame the people that are making actual personal attacks. It's just not needed.

NorseGod
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    7 years in, 200 million plus dollars, 500+ devs...

No release date in sight.
    CoticnewbismxWalkinGlenn

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Mad thread!
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    The fanbois didn't waste any time gaslighting.

I love how the usual suspects who like to throw all them fancy numbers and links have yet to do so to disprove the undeniable maths presented here.

NorseGodErillionnewbismxMaxBaconrpmcmurphy
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    The fanbois didn't waste any time gaslighting.

I love how the usual suspects who like to throw all them fancy numbers and links have yet to do so to disprove the undeniable maths presented here.

Don't care about being right only tryin to imply others wrong. Kinda weak imo
    newbismx
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    Kyleran said:

Words of wisdom right here! 

I have been corrected once by @Kyleran and have since then always been on point and careful with my comments.
    Kyleran

mmorpg junkie since 1999

This discussion has been closed.