Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Stats

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited October 2019
    Babuinix said:
    That's a lot of IF's to reach any sort of meaningfull conclusion B)

Based on assumption math numbers can mean everything and nothing depending on the assumption and that's the only conclusion possible.

Not really thread worthy, much like making assumptions about ship rental prices based on fudge math  :D
    And once again, come up with your own maths or shut up already.

For something "not really threadworthy" you sure have spent a lot of time in this thread, arguing about "useless and irrelevant" information and so-called "fudged maths" that you refuse to disprove... The lady doth protests too much

Me - If someone calls you a poo-head everytime you see them, what sort of assumption can you make about what will happen the next time you see them?

Babs - waah waah waah, making assumptions waah waah waah.

You are literally being an Assumption Justice Warrior right now.

NorseGod
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    The point is that I dont have to come up with anything  :D  

Unlike the regular haters , we Star Citizen supporters dont have to make up maths or ludricous claims to have fun with Star Citizen lol

We actually have the space game of our dreams in the making available to play too.  B)

Good times and only only better indeed!
    Babuinix said:

Unlike the regular haters , we Star Citizen supporters dont have to make up maths or ludricous claims to have fun with Star Citizen lol

We actually have the space game of our dreams in the making available to play too.  B)

k
  • justintbhsjustintbhs Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Babuinix said:

You call anyone who disagrees with your game a troll or some other name even if they present a solid argument. Poor deluded fool.
    BabuinixrpmcmurphysgelWalkinGlennNorseGod
    Babuinix said:

You call anyone who disagrees with your game a troll or some other name even if they present a solid argument. Poor deluded fool.
    Not factual. Pointing out flaws in "absolute claims" is normal. A solid argument still needs solid math to go along with it.  ;)
    edited October 2019
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

Not factual. Pointing out flaws in "absolute claims" is normal. A solid argument still needs solid math to go along with it.  ;)

Time played / time elapsed = constant concurrency aka solid maths.

Babs - no not that maths....

Funny to note that you claim a solid argument needs solid maths and yet you refuse to post any maths to back up your own argument, which by your own words means you can only have a weak argument...
    NorseGod
    I think I've mentioned before that I dont do math based on made up numbers. :) 

Only someone desperate would go through that dead end route :)
    rpmcmurphy
  • RebornDragonRebornDragon Member UncommonPosts: 121
    edited October 2019
    Hey, since we're all talking about math here a fun fact:

Since 2011, if the rumors are true that they have a 500+ man dev team, they've spent over 8,000,000 man hours developing this game - assuming 8 hour a day, 5 day work weeks since 2011.

The Empire State Building only took 7,000,000 man hours and they built it in a year.

This game seems like a scam more and more every day.
    WalkinGlennrpmcmurphyErillionNorseGodBabuinixMaxBaconHatefull
  • Pingu2012Pingu2012 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Babuinix said:

It looks like the concurrency maths is based on solid numbers. If CIG says time played is 1000x the elapsed time then 1000 is the average concurrency.

The average hours played needs more work. Could possibly go for an upper limit based on the minimum number of players quoted by CIG (if such numbers exist?)
    rpmcmurphy
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    edited October 2019
    The numbers seem less about informing me of anything useful, and seem more just to convince me SC is a real game making progress. 

But a real game making progress wouldn't focus on things like how many kills with a certain kind of gun. Because seriously whoop de do.

NorseGodHatefull

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Babuinix said:

Babs: YOUR NUMBAS ARE WRONG!
    Murphy: Ok, give me the right numbers.
    Babs: YOUR NUMBAS ARE WRONG!

Clown Incorporated Games
    rpmcmurphynewbismxNorseGodKefo

..Cake..

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    I backed it and tried it a little, liked it a lot but there is no game to play yet. I supose most people do that, buy, try, like, and wait. What they have is cool, impressive, but they still need to make the game.

• Pingu2012Pingu2012 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    It's got a strange engine. Some of the graphics are simply amazing like scenery or people, then you see the ship or building interiors and they have huge detail but an odd flat feel to them...

Can't figure it out.
    Babuinix said:

The burden is on you to prove someone else is wrong if you want to make that claim.

All you've brought to this thread is repeated claims of "Nuh uh ur wrong" so instead of wasting any more time I've flagged you up for trolling. I'm sure the majority of people that read this thread would agree with that.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited October 2019
    Pingu2012 said:
    Babuinix said:

It looks like the concurrency maths is based on solid numbers. If CIG says time played is 1000x the elapsed time then 1000 is the average concurrency.

The average hours played needs more work. Could possibly go for an upper limit based on the minimum number of players quoted by CIG (if such numbers exist?)
    The problem is that we don't have that number. CIG likes to give is large numbers like registered accounts, so we know it's 3 hours and 53 minutes played per each registered account. We have no info about how many of the registered accounts have actually played Star Citizen this year.
    NorseGod

Hey, since we're all talking about math here a fun fact:

Since 2011, if the rumors are true that they have a 500+ man dev team, they've spent over 8,000,000 man hours developing this game - assuming 8 hour a day, 5 day work weeks since 2011.

The Empire State Building only took 7,000,000 man hours and they built it in a year.

This game seems like a scam more and more every day.
    Math is blatantly wrong here too and the same haters marking this post as insigthful :D
    That's how desperate haters have become lol
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    I have them all on ignore. Are they seething yet? Does the game suck because "haters"?

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    Babuinix said:

The burden is on you to prove someone else is wrong if you want to make that claim.

All you've brought to this thread is repeated claims of "Nuh uh ur wrong" so instead of wasting any more time I've flagged you up for trolling. I'm sure the majority of people that read this thread would agree with that.

Nah it's the person who claimed that "Star Citizen as an average concurrency of 1290 people" that needs to provide the facts to prove those claims when questioned.

And no, "assumption math" just doesn't cut it :D
    rpmcmurphy
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Idk something tells me there maybe more game there than most of us who haven’t played know.
    Babuinix
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    bcbully said:
    Idk something tells me there maybe more game there than most of us who haven’t played know.
    That's about it! :)
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Babuinix said:
    bcbully said:
    That's about it! :)
    Aaaaand there's that something...
    NorseGod
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

Nah it's the person who claimed that "Star Citizen as an average concurrency of 1290 people" that needs to provide the facts to prove those claims when questioned.

He doesn't need to prove anything about that because RSI just released the numbers. Average concurrency is simply total playtime told by RSI, divided by the timespan RSI used.

If you don't believe in RSI's numbers then you need to prove that they're wrong. Otherwise we'll assume that they are true because they're provided by RSI.
    rpmcmurphysgel

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Hoping for some new ships for christmas!
    BabuinixErillion
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited October 2019
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

@rpmcmurphy 's "guess" above - guess if you don't want to call it an assumption - means 45,000 players putting in 200 hours testing this year alone.

Which is HUGE.

You can use a different assumption rather than the 3% hardcore number used but it will still give you a staggering, HUGE, answer.

There are companies that will look at this and weep that they can't attract anything like this many testers. 

Seriously you should be celebrating.

Post edited by gervaise1 on
    rpmcmurphybcbullyHatefull
  • justintbhsjustintbhs Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Vrika said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:

He doesn't need to prove anything about that because RSI just released the numbers. Average concurrency is simply total playtime told by RSI, divided by the timespan RSI used.

If you don't believe in RSI's numbers then you need to prove that they're wrong. Otherwise we'll assume that they are true because they're provided by RSI.
    Star citizen defenders: LUL you're trolls if you say anything about our game.
    Everyone else: Ok here's what RSI released. Some numbers for you.
    SC defenders: FAKE NEWS. REEEEEEEEEE.
    rpmcmurphyWalkinGlennNorseGod
This discussion has been closed.