Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Astellia Free Weekend Underway This Weekend and Next Weekend

Comments

• RennisaRennisa Member UncommonPosts: 49

Quizzical said:

Rennisa said:

This is the price you pay when you use the B2P model but are selling a niche game that from what I hear lacks much of an end game.

As much as I hate P2W as most people do, being at least free with some form of cash shop is a model that same games need to go with for initial success.

"Free" with a cash shop makes pay to win almost mandatory in order to raise revenue.  Maybe you can get by without going full pay to win if you have a really big hit game, but that doesn't work for most.  If you don't like pay to win, then subscription or buy to play are pretty much the alternatives, and Astellia gives you your choice of either of them.

It's a shame that after trying the beta I felt that the game would have been better off F2P as I had little inclination to pay to play it anymore to see if I'd like it further down the line.

Despite hating P2W I still stand by my statement that the game would have found a stronger start population wise if it had gone the route it is obviously chugging it's way towards.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Dragnelus said:
    Did some kind of boss quest ppl were waiting for the spawn and invted me. When can I que for dungeons btw?
    Dungeons start at level 15.  I don't often see people recruiting for dungeons other than for the legendary dungeons at the level cap.  The lower level dungeons all have both solo and party versions, and people seem to mostly do the solo version.
  • LupulDeiLupulDei Member UncommonPosts: 6
    i sayd from the begining this is a bless 2.0 , dumdum devs/pub, should have went f2p from the begining
  • GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132

Quizzical said:

GrandpaDJ said:

Did they ever allow for inverting mouse? It wasn't in the Beta and they said they would get to it...

If you mean inverting the direction that the camera rotates if you click and drag, then I don't see an option for that.  Personally, I very rarely rotate the camera using the mouse at all.  For vertical directions, I generally set it and leave it.  For horizontal, I have the camera follow my character and use keys to turn.

Combat is generally tab target, not face the enemy you want to attack like some more action-oriented combat games go.  I'd rate the combat as being more action-oriented than WoW, but less so than Guild Wars 2 or Champions Online.

The controls do give you a bunch of options to switch which mouse buttons do what.

Yeah, that's what I meant! Mouse y-axis invert technically. No need for me to download then. Thank you!
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Character art style it’s a real turn off.

Are Asian developers going to make a gritty MMO any time soon, instead of the usual Anime fuckfest?
    GrandpaDJ said:

Quizzical said:

GrandpaDJ said:

Did they ever allow for inverting mouse? It wasn't in the Beta and they said they would get to it...

If you mean inverting the direction that the camera rotates if you click and drag, then I don't see an option for that.  Personally, I very rarely rotate the camera using the mouse at all.  For vertical directions, I generally set it and leave it.  For horizontal, I have the camera follow my character and use keys to turn.

Combat is generally tab target, not face the enemy you want to attack like some more action-oriented combat games go.  I'd rate the combat as being more action-oriented than WoW, but less so than Guild Wars 2 or Champions Online.

The controls do give you a bunch of options to switch which mouse buttons do what.

Yeah, that's what I meant! Mouse y-axis invert technically. No need for me to download then. Thank you!
    I'm actually curious as to why you care about that.  In a game where you rely on pointing the camera in the right direction to shoot a target, sure, it would be a big deal.  In Astellia, I usually adjust the camera position when I log in and then don't touch it again because there is hardly ever any reason to.
  • GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    Quizzical said:
    GrandpaDJ said:

Quizzical said:

GrandpaDJ said:

I'm actually curious as to why you care about that.  In a game where you rely on pointing the camera in the right direction to shoot a target, sure, it would be a big deal.  In Astellia, I usually adjust the camera position when I log in and then don't touch it again because there is hardly ever any reason to.

I am always adjusting my camera on the fly. When I go up hills, in the water, whenever. So for me, inverting the y-axis is a requirement, even if it doesn't make sense to some people. I've also found that if a game can't even include that tiny option, there is probably a bunch of other things they didn't polish well, but that is secondary.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited October 2019
    Mikeha said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Halloween event :)

Thats cool. How are you liking the game so far?
    I like the landscapes, skills are fun, gearing is something I must discover, astellias are fun, its croud, ppl help, stupid gold sellers in chat, I skip the story so I cant judge about that, I wonder if there are pvp instances.

Edit: I can focus tank and enemy so I can heal and dps without needing to click, I dislike that I cant sort out hotbars the way I want, I need more.

Post edited by Dragnelus on
    [Deleted User]

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited October 2019
    Anyone got a friend key btw ? xD

Edit: nvm got the first package
    Post edited by Dragnelus on

• NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168

3dom said:

All good, free weekend and stuff.

But oh wait, they do not allow players from eastern europe to even create an account. I live in a EU country, but but site forces me to russian language site. Russian ONLY. Well, Baltic european countries is not russia, you fking imbecils ;D

But oh well, I will not learn russian just so that they would accept my money :)

It's ok, I guess the game is doing so well that they can just ignore eastern europe :)

You should nag your politicians to initiate lawsuit against companies (Kakao/Pearl Abyss included with their Black Desert) forcing EU country into Russian services - this is a direct violation of EU's data protection laws requiring to store personal data on EU's territory. Also it violates a bunch of EU single market laws.

Cool, I left USA for EU and hate it here. Nothing bunch a bunch of welfare nannystaters. (Well not everyone, hence the insane riots). All that law did was put government ina place they should not be: Video games.
    So they stiffle content, tell us what and not what to make, how much blood, etc...now they control monetization, of course.
    No, the gov won't create you a safe place you mis informed insert grey NPC, you need less. To beat pearlabyss, you need to CREATE a more enticing product, free market. The fact is, we don't have that. And if you get close, and you make that bullet exit wound physics, the actual sword tearing flesh mmorpg...you get shut down. And replaced with companies that make their characters squirt gun holding autists.

But hey, this is also why we have less consummer gamers. Gov has us over 50 years in inistitutions also, no time.
    Dragnelus said:
    I like the landscapes, skills are fun, gearing is something I must discover, astellias are fun, its croud, ppl help, stupid gold sellers in chat, I skip the story so I cant judge about that, I wonder if there are pvp instances.

Edit: I can focus tank and enemy so I can heal and dps without needing to click, I dislike that I cant sort out hotbars the way I want, I need more.
    For gold sellers, expect that whenever you log in, you'll have to block about four or so gold sellers.  After that, the chat is fine, other than that you might have to block a new gold seller every couple of hours or so.  If your block list fills up, then pull the old names off of it, as those gold seller accounts have long since been banned.

As for wanting more hotbars, what you're supposed to do is to stack multiple skills into a single slot.  Click on a slot and it will open up a stack of four slots, and you can put up to four skills in them.  The lowest skill on the list that is not on cooldown will be the one that shows if you close the expanded hotbar.  That allows you to use four skills in a row by pressing the same key repeatedly.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    3dom said:

But oh wait, they do not allow players from eastern europe to even create an account. I live in a EU country, but but site forces me to russian language site. Russian ONLY. Well, Baltic european countries is not russia, you fking imbecils ;D

But oh well, I will not learn russian just so that they would accept my money :)

It's ok, I guess the game is doing so well that they can just ignore eastern europe :)

You should nag your politicians to initiate lawsuit against companies (Kakao/Pearl Abyss included with their Black Desert) forcing EU country into Russian services - this is a direct violation of EU's data protection laws requiring to store personal data on EU's territory. Also it violates a bunch of EU single market laws.
    Wrong:

1) Limiting Baltic countries outside your area of service is not against EU single market laws. Those laws are sadly designed to allow it, mostly so that EU countries could protect their local TV stations.

2) Handling EU customer's data outside EU is not automatically against law. GDPR (general data protection regulation) has a lot of rules about how it must be done, and Russian game operators might very well be breaking those rules, but just having your whole business outside EU doesn't make it automatically illegal to accept EU customers

Some locations like Baltic countries are in a crappy situation because they get often licensed to Russia, but it's not fixable by suing anyone. It would need EU adjusting their single market laws.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Nanbino said:

3dom said:

Cool, I left USA for EU and hate it here. Nothing bunch a bunch of welfare nannystaters. (Well not everyone, hence the insane riots). All that law did was put government ina place they should not be: Video games.
    So they stiffle content, tell us what and not what to make, how much blood, etc...now they control monetization, of course. 
    EU does a lot to control monetization.

But compared to EU, USA is exerts far greater control over content with their M rating.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    The game looks and feels like a ripoff of Aura Kingdom to me. Aura is f2p so i would rather play that than pay for this.
  • curtisan0curtisan0 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Not a bad game, but Astels really need more diversities. They are all Young girls or Young beastmen…
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Everybody who read this. Dont listen for the haters just download and try you wont lose anything. The game is actually not bad, not the best but not bad can give few nice weeks I guess. Endgame a bit empty but if developers keep doing their work will be nice. There is two servers the second one is a bit ghosty but the first one has really good populations lots of germans. Bots and goldsellers too but they're in every game.
    DMKano said:

Also the dungeon mechanics are bad - you can single pull everything and just tank and spank until the HP sponge boss.
    Ignorant comments like that make me wonder if you've even played the game, or if you just assumed that it would be bad and jumped straight to making fun of it for vague reasons.  There are many mobs in the game that categorically cannot be single pulled, both in dungeons and outside of dungeons.  Yes, there are also a lot that can be single pulled.  But it's nowhere near "everything".

Bosses aren't just mobs with lots of HP.  They have various mechanics to them, and add more as you move from scenario difficulty to solo to party.  I haven't done legendary yet, but I'd be surprised if that doesn't add more twists to the dungeons.

As with many MMORPGs, if you do a dungeon while far above the power level that is intended, you can just ignore a lot of mechanics and blast away at everything.  But if you're right around or slightly below the intended power level and try to just ignore the boss mechanics, then you're going to die.
    DMKano said:
    Quizzical said:
    DMKano said:

Also the dungeon mechanics are bad - you can single pull everything and just tank and spank until the HP sponge boss.
    Ignorant comments like that make me wonder if you've even played the game, or if you just assumed that it would be bad and jumped straight to making fun of it for vague reasons.  There are many mobs in the game that categorically cannot be single pulled, both in dungeons and outside of dungeons.  Yes, there are also a lot that can be single pulled.  But it's nowhere near "everything".

Bosses aren't just mobs with lots of HP.  They have various mechanics to them, and add more as you move from scenario difficulty to solo to party.  I haven't done legendary yet, but I'd be surprised if that doesn't add more twists to the dungeons.

As with many MMORPGs, if you do a dungeon while far above the power level that is intended, you can just ignore a lot of mechanics and blast away at everything.  But if you're right around or slightly below the intended power level and try to just ignore the boss mechanics, then you're going to die.

Bosses have one shot attacks - true. 

They are huge HP sponges though also true 

The mechanics are dead simple though.

Also in the video below - the complaint about single pull mobs is there, is the guy lying?

So your defense of an incandescently false claim is "but some random guy said it somewhere in an eleven minute video"?  Seriously?  That's all you've got?

There's no real need to quibble about what this or that person said when you can just check the source material.  Let's take the shortest, simplest, and earliest dungeon as an example:  Rutlass Den.  There are multiple places in the dungeon where there are two raccoons and a kiyo basically standing right on top of each other.  When you attack one mob, others near it also come.  Those groups of three may be possible to split apart by attacking some other mob that is close enough to pull at least one but not all of the group, but that wouldn't be all single pulls, either.

As to your other claims, I haven't yet seen any one-shot attacks from bosses.  It's possible that some things will scale up to become that in the legendary version of dungeons, though I'm skeptical that that will be common, as it would make dungeons way too hard.

I don't think that a two minute time to kill for the end boss of a dungeon is outlandish.  If they made it too short, then the strategy for every boss would be to pop out three astels and take down the boss before they get unsummoned.  As it is, unless you're overpowered for the dungeon, you're likely to have at most one astel out for a significant portion of the end boss fight.

If you're overpowered enough that you can just pull out a single astel and use it for the entire boss fight, then fine, lots of things are easy if you're way stronger than intended.  But if you're around the intended power for a dungeon, deciding when to swap various astels in and out as a battle goes on does add a significant element of strategy.
  • KirtisKirtis Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Those morons region blocked Lithuania and force Lithuanians to play on Russian servers - that makes easy to decide, that they won't get me neither for free trial nor for any payed service.

Learn some geographic and history before making such a fatal decisions. I can still speak and write Russian as I am old enough to know it (and still I won't go to limited Russian ghetto), but Lithuanians 30 years and younger (which I am sure make majority of their potential customers) don't know Russian at all these days and they won't ever go to Russian ghetto, but they can't play on normal server as well. Probably they have the same limitations for other Baltic States too. This is very unprofessional, bad for their own business and insulting for Lithuanians who fought for their right to be free from Soviets and were one of the reasons why that empire of evil fell.
  • KirtisKirtis Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Why my post has been deleted? Which part of any rules did it violate? Or are you obliged to to cover imperial seeks of putin to "take back their land" and will support him by your silence when he'll occupy Baltic states same way as he invaded Ukraine?
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Glad I tried this before buying. It's a pretty game. But...that's about all. I was bored with the story, combat, classes, basically everything else. Feels like another pretty but shallow MMO from the east, sad to say.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    edited October 2019
    Probably won't have to wait for free weekends as it will be f2p in the near future most likely.
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    DMKano said:
    mussolini said:
    Everybody who read this. Dont listen for the haters just download and try you wont lose anything. The game is actually not bad, not the best but not bad can give few nice weeks I guess. Endgame a bit empty but if developers keep doing their work will be nice. There is two servers the second one is a bit ghosty but the first one has really good populations lots of germans. Bots and goldsellers too but they're in every game.

You are not really selling the game well.

"if the developers keep doing their work" - got an update for you - the developers haven't added anything to this game (other than class genders) since the game failed in Korea. They have abandoned all development and their only plan is to keep releasing this in different markets as "b2p" game - and then will go f2p - and then will shut down due to low interest.

So what you see is what it will stay - the endgame is horrible, recycled dungeons as "legendaries" just run them over and over again... sheesh

It's not good. 

You are a hater I seen that in many topics. I dont think you even played with Astellia more then a week. I dont care anything about Korean versions Im playing on an EU server and there is more update happened. The game is fine, not perfect but fine. If you dont like it dont play but never understand that attitude if someone dont like a game and going on its forums and just spam negative comments. I keep saying guys you wont lose anything just try it next weekend. If you like it good if dont uninstall. Happy gaming guys.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    elocke said:
    Glad I tried this before buying. It's a pretty game. But...that's about all. I was bored with the story, combat, classes, basically everything else. Feels like another pretty but shallow MMO from the east, sad to say.
    This is a f2p game in the east. I don't think more major content is coming to the game either. The B2p money grab from the west was just that. Sorry, I don't trust or see expansions coming out for this game anytime soon.
    DMKano said:
    Quizzical said:
    DMKano said:
    Quizzical said:
    DMKano said:

Bosses have one shot attacks - true. 

They are huge HP sponges though also true 

The mechanics are dead simple though.

Also in the video below - the complaint about single pull mobs is there, is the guy lying?

So your defense of an incandescently false claim is "but some random guy said it somewhere in an eleven minute video"?  Seriously?  That's all you've got?

There's no real need to quibble about what this or that person said when you can just check the source material.  Let's take the shortest, simplest, and earliest dungeon as an example:  Rutlass Den.  There are multiple places in the dungeon where there are two raccoons and a kiyo basically standing right on top of each other.  When you attack one mob, others near it also come.  Those groups of three may be possible to split apart by attacking some other mob that is close enough to pull at least one but not all of the group, but that wouldn't be all single pulls, either.

As to your other claims, I haven't yet seen any one-shot attacks from bosses.  It's possible that some things will scale up to become that in the legendary version of dungeons, though I'm skeptical that that will be common, as it would make dungeons way too hard.

I don't think that a two minute time to kill for the end boss of a dungeon is outlandish.  If they made it too short, then the strategy for every boss would be to pop out three astels and take down the boss before they get unsummoned.  As it is, unless you're overpowered for the dungeon, you're likely to have at most one astel out for a significant portion of the end boss fight.

If you're overpowered enough that you can just pull out a single astel and use it for the entire boss fight, then fine, lots of things are easy if you're way stronger than intended.  But if you're around the intended power for a dungeon, deciding when to swap various astels in and out as a battle goes on does add a significant element of strategy.

I am only talking about legendary end game dungeons - I am not talking about any other dungeons - just so we are on the same page

all my comments (single pulls - one shot boss mechanics, huge HP sponges) are all about end game legendary dungeon runs
    If the scenario, solo, and party versions of a given dungeon can't be entirely single-pulled, then I'm very skeptical that the legendary version can.