Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Unchained ArchePass Has Been Disabled

Comments

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    DMKano said:
    Ranyr said:
    No cash shop, period? How do they make money? How do they pay for their electricity, employee salaries, server rental, their ISP?

Via monthly subscription - you know how all mmorpgs made money in the 1999-2004 period.

Look it up - it really happened :)
    In most cases though the sub didn't include any extra content. That came via a paid expansion. Twice a year in the case of EQ1 available via download as well. Yes DLC is that old! (AC was a notable exception.)

Queue gnashing of teeth: they want b2p and a sub and paid DLC!
    [Deleted User]alkarionlog
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Nepheth said:
    DMKano said:

DMKano said:

DMKano said:

Fucking hell, Kano. For someone that claims everything we say around here is pointless you sure are here saying the same thing over and over again a lot.

If you really want to try ruin the game's success or help people or whatever it is you think you're doing, why are you doing here? Go to Reddit where the real audience is and try your luck there. I doubt the response you'll get will be great for your ego, which is probably why you don't do it, but at least you have a chance of achieving whatever it is you're trying to achieve.

I am not trying to achieve anything  - this is a small echo chamber forum that has zero effect on anything 

Anything said here has zero effect on games.

Nobody has the power to ruin a game via forum posts.. anyone who thinks that is delusional 

So instead of trying to discuss me and my motives why not actually address my points in this thread?

You do care. This matters to you. The fact you keep saying it doesn't is proof that, really, you think it matters.

No one cares what you're saying at this point, you know? You're just wittering all over the whole site like those crazy people you see in the street sometimes that you'd rather ignore or avoid.

Lol please 

You sir are derailing this hard to avoid discussing actual points I brought up that are relevant to ArcheAge 

You are instead turning this into a personal attack comparing me to a crazy person that should be avoided

That's weaksauce hehe

But nice try 

You're so slimey lol

Look, I'd rather they add full on P2W to every MMO than have to see any more of your crazy rants on any game topic.

I, genuinely, dislike you more than I'll ever dislike a game company. You're a detriment to this site and you should be removed so people can actually talk properly around here.

Are you ok?

He thinks you did that to mock me and not his childish reply lol.
    NephethIceAgealkarionlog
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    edited October 2019
    DMKano said:

Hey at least I have valid issues to bring up regarding ArcheAge.... 

You are yet to bring up a single thing related to the actual topic in this thread 

All you have done is these weak ass personal attacks.

Good times :)
    Mate, talking to you is a waste of time. You dismiss or ignore any valid points anyone makes. When someone makes a good point, you just don't reply or whittle it down to silly one liners and try to stop the debate. You're here to be a condescending narcissist, nothing else.

Keep pretending you're having fun and it's all a game to you. I know you're not. I know and so do many, many people that are lurking this.
    Nephethcheebaalkarionlog
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

You are yet to bring up a single thing related to the actual topic in this thread 

Mate, talking to you is a waste of time. You dismiss or ignore any valid points anyone makes. When someone makes a good point, you just don't reply or whittle it down to silly one liners and try to stop the debate. You're here to be a condescending narcissist, nothing else.

Keep pretending you're having fun and it's all a game to you. I know you're not. I know and so do many, many people that are lurking this.
    Ah more name calling.

Stay classy San Diego!
    BOOM! One liners to try and end the debate.
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

Ah more name calling.

Stay classy San Diego!
    BOOM! One liners to try and end the debate.
    Wasn't even a good one.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Everytime Trion / Gamigo **** up all they do is keep making Fresh Start servers trying to milk the community of their hard earned dollars.

Meanwhile the only losers are the players those who heavily invested hundreds / thousands into the game on launch all got screwed.
    [Deleted User]alkarionlog
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Renoaku said:
    Everytime Trion / Gamigo **** up all they do is keep making Fresh Start servers trying to milk the community of their hard earned dollars.

Meanwhile the only losers are the players those who heavily invested hundreds / thousands into the game on launch all got screwed.
    I can't really agree with that. Since AA has always been a very time intensive game (in terms of waiting), this does help the people who are thinking about how these servers will always end up (merged within 6 months). The real losers are the ones who come in brand new/starting over without any real knowledge/investment into the f2p game. But as long as some people go in and only play for the moment, maybe they feel its worth the money. I've said it a few times now, I can respect that kind of thinking. What I can't respect are the die hards in favor who would die on a hill defending something like this, eventually get screwed over by the inevitability of this scam, then start trashing like they knew it would happen all along.
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    It is still mind boggling to me that they ain't doing nothing at those exploited golds. You know before they tweak it to 10gold, the 50gold per worldboss kill wasn't intended, then why the hell Gamigo allow people keep these unintended gold? 

They have all the tools, logs, and all the right to take these unintended gold out of server economy, but they choose not to. Are server health not worth spending time to fix in? 
    alkarionlog
  • MrNylonMrNylon Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Got to love it when people take this personally , makes great popcorn material....
    alkarionlog
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    DMKano said:
    Nepheth said:
    12 comments on an Archeage news aaaand 5 of them are from a certain person and funny enough he got the first 2 comments with a wot bashing Gamigo again. I wonder why I'm not surprised...
    Can you not focus on me and instead focus on my points?

This is an ArcheAge thread  - can we just talk about that instead of derailing?
    All of your 'Points' are pure conjecture. You're just full of hate and bias. Nothing you say can be taken seriously because you're a fake prophet. You don't know the future, and that's been proven many times. You should really take a step back and reflect.
    IceAgeNephethalkarionlog
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

DMKano said:

Fucking hell, Kano. For someone that claims everything we say around here is pointless you sure are here saying the same thing over and over again a lot.

If you really want to try ruin the game's success or help people or whatever it is you think you're doing, why are you doing here? Go to Reddit where the real audience is and try your luck there. I doubt the response you'll get will be great for your ego, which is probably why you don't do it, but at least you have a chance of achieving whatever it is you're trying to achieve.

I am not trying to achieve anything  - this is a small echo chamber forum that has zero effect on anything 

Anything said here has zero effect on games.

Nobody has the power to ruin a game via forum posts.. anyone who thinks that is delusional 

So instead of trying to discuss me and my motives why not actually address my points in this thread?

Ah makes sense now. That mindset that things being said in comments have no effect on anything is the exact way Trion thought until they went bankrupt... It's why except for Brasse they hired the worst community managers ever like Celesstraza, Muzzy "the streamer" and the super defensive guy who handles Trove. That was Hartsman's left over SOE philosophy from his idol Smedley who also did not put much stock in community management and oh look that company went bankrupt too...

I've wondered for years how it was that people get banned for kindergarten insults but ONE guy has immunity and can derail thread after thread using this site as his personal soapbox and now it's clear that a certain someone is doing a "Pierre Delecto".
    So, repeat after me... Kano is Hartsman, Hartsman is Kano.
    In the last AA thread he said that everything he writes on here is "just for fun and not meant to be taken seriously" so there is no real desire to have any serious discussions like us "peasants". This is just a place he goes to unwind and troll "for fun".

If we apply "Pierre Delecto's" behavior analysis to this situation then every game that has a target marked on it is with reason and the hatred for Gamigo is contempt for a company that got a sweetheart deal on the biggest failure of this individual's life. His contempt for Astellia and Bless after praising Devilian for years on this site which I consider an inferior game could possibly mean that Trion tried to work out a deal with them at a point in time but Astellia and Bless refused because of the bad reputation Trion had with the handling of AA. I wouldn't doubt that Astellia and the deal that never happened was what caused the bank to finally stop their support for Trion which eventually led to the bankruptcy. It also may not be too far fetched to speculate that at some point Gamigo may have pitched a Trion partnership but instead waited til they went bankrupt and instead bought them for pennies on the dollar.
    alkarionlog
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Another AA post in which half the replies are DMKano shit talking a game in which he isn't playing or has any intention of playing. What a miserable existence.

I am curious to know what shining example of perfection of a game you currently play. I mean, surely with all your complaints about games you don't play and the stupid people that play them, the game you play is without fault. You do play video games, right? Or do you just come here and cry.
    mcrippinsNephethalkarionlog
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited October 2019
    DMKano said:
    Tokken said:
    at least they are listening to their fans. That's good!

If they really listened - there would be no Archepass system in game period.

There would be no cash shop period.

So please let's not use this excuse - let's not praise companies for reacting to their own mess - Archepass was something they messed up to begin with.. and players didnt want it.

So yeah let's rethink the whole "listening to the fans"....archepass was so exploitable of course they had to disable it - they had no other choice period.

So listening to the fans? I dont think so

are you always negative?   At least they disabled it.  Look at the bright side for a change?
    alkarionlog

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    I've made my complaints about buying into the game again after paying too much the first time around and I stand by my decision, I will not play unless they let me in for free, however I cannot in good conscious complain about this. It was bugged and broken, yes they could have caught it sooner or not had the archpass at all, but they're not ignoring it and they have removed it.

Time will tell if they keep making the right choices, but let's not chastise them when they do.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

If you really want to try ruin the game's success or help people or whatever it is you think you're doing, why are you doing it here? Go to Reddit where the real audience is and try your luck there. I doubt the response you'll get will be great for your ego, which is probably why you don't do it, but at least you have a chance of achieving whatever it is you're trying to achieve.
    Seriously?  He is just offering his opinion.  Far as I am concerned he nailed it and then you had to jump all over him without even attempting to address his points.  That is what we call trolling around here.  I disagree with Kano all the time, but I point out how I disagree and let it go at that, you, however, can't seem to address anything except that you don't like his posts.

As to the game, it is absurd such a poorly designed and badly implemented feature made it into the game at all.  It is one of the "what were they thinking moments".  So I have to agree with Kano on this one.
    [Deleted User]Iselinalkarionlog
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    in terms of getting screwed. 

Honestly, 

if you go into the game, have fun for a bit, and enjoy yourself, you've won right. 

Yesterday, my brother in law came to town, we went to dinner (4 of us) and I dropped down about $190 . . . that's a complete and utter fucking waste of money in my opinion for about 10 minutes of good tasting food. (none of us ordered expensive drinks either)

So it is all relative right, if you go in and you get addicted and put in a ton of money and the game turns to a P2W and . . . important here . . . you don't care and you have fun, you win

Games are very very cheap forms of entertainment for the amount of $$$/hour. 

It was like Bless online, i knew that game was pure shit and that it would close down for sure (many predicting factors), but a lot of people didn't care and just wanted to try something new. Yeah, i'd perhaps blast those who actually thought it would have longevity but those who went in for fun is different. 

I learned a lesson about myself when I thought of Bless Online, I realized that I was the asshole when saying that game is going to be horseshit and people are stupid for playing it when I should have just made a point that I thought the game will fail for a variety of reasons, but if you're taking the risk, okay with that, then go right ahead. I should have just given my opinion stated in a neutral way and moved on. People are people, they think differently, they have different values, some things bother them and some things don't and it is different from everyone. 

Look at politics, i'm sure everyone is like, "how could any rational human support this candidate" but people will say the same thing about your candidate and vice versa. 

People are okay with things that other people are not okay with. Some people will boycott a Cereal company over their political stance where others couldn't care less. Some people will boycott Blizzard for how they handled the recent issue where I could care less about it. I would never play an NCsoft game because of their bullshit with bots in Lineage 2 and their blatant lying about doing something about it, but the same person who wouldn't play a blizzard game, would play an NCsoft game. 

It is what floats your boat. 

I paid $15 to go into WoW classic just to see how high I could get without dying. I made it to level 11 and i died, deleted my char, cancelled my subscription, I also think WoW is a shit game, but I did it for my own reasons.   . . . the game is still shit, but popular shit. 

If i jump in to AA: Unchained, i'll be well aware, I could say in a few weeks or days, screw this game, so ridiculous, but if I had fun before I got to the point, then it is fine. Sometimes I itch for something new and want to try a game to see if it will addict me. I've been surprised before. 

ChildoftheShadowsOzmodan[Deleted User]ultimateduckalkarionlog
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292

DMKano said:

Tokken said:

So please let's not use this excuse - let's not praise companies for reacting to their own mess - Archepass was something they messed up to begin with.. and players didnt want it.

So yeah let's rethink the whole "listening to the fans"....archepass was so exploitable of course they had to disable it - they had no other choice period.

For those of us that didnt see any reason to follow the latest release of ArcheAge, could you give a brief description of what the problems were with the ArchePass.

DMKano said:

Tokken said:

For those of us that didnt see any reason to follow the latest release of ArcheAge, could you give a brief description of what the problems were with the ArchePass.

There were a few issues. First, there was the ability to exploit a Boss quest for the pass and make a ton of gold. Second, if you were a person who focused on completing the Archepass, it made the game extremely grindy, and didn't leave time for much else. There are good rewards in there, so it makes sense people would grind for them. 

There are also some people who were unhappy that these quests rewarded gold to begin with. It just depends on your point of view I suppose, but it wasn't a very good system. So they took it out of the game, and are trying to revamp it to make it better. So only time will tell. In lieu of this, they're giving everyone a set amount of diligence coins until the pass comes back.
    DMKano said:
    mcrippins said:
    DMKano said:
    Nepheth said:
    12 comments on an Archeage news aaaand 5 of them are from a certain person and funny enough he got the first 2 comments with a wot bashing Gamigo again. I wonder why I'm not surprised...

All of your 'Points' are pure conjecture. You're just full of hate and bias. Nothing you say can be taken seriously because you're a fake prophet. You don't know the future, and that's been proven many times. You should really take a step back and reflect.

How are they pure conjecture?

1. XL made archepass and put it into the live game at launch - was obviously so bad that they had to turn it off 12 days later

2. Gamigo has no QA staff and didnt catch how archepass works and how badly it can be exploited 

3. Knowing that they have no QA staff- Gamigo could have tested archepass on PTS a month prior to launch to find the exploits

What above is pure conjecture???
    Primarily points 2 & 3. Stating that Gamigo doesn't have a QA team. 

Source: https://corporate.gamigo.com/en/careers-jobs-job-offers/

Simply looking through the job offers shows that they in-fact do have a QA team. You don't hire a Jr. QA tech without a team. They clearly have one.

What you don't seem to grasp is that things get by QA all the time. In every company. Should they have caught this? Sure! Maybe they were testing for functionality as opposed to exploitation. It happens. 

Consider judging a company by how they react to their mistakes, as opposed to constantly bashing them because one was made.
    DMKano said:
    mcrippins said:
    DMKano said:
    mcrippins said:
    DMKano said:
    Nepheth said:

How are they pure conjecture?

1. XL made archepass and put it into the live game at launch - was obviously so bad that they had to turn it off 12 days later

2. Gamigo has no QA staff and didnt catch how archepass works and how badly it can be exploited 

3. Knowing that they have no QA staff- Gamigo could have tested archepass on PTS a month prior to launch to find the exploits

What above is pure conjecture???
    Primarily points 2 & 3. Stating that Gamigo doesn't have a QA team. 

Source: https://corporate.gamigo.com/en/careers-jobs-job-offers/

Simply looking through the job offers shows that they in-fact do have a QA team. You don't hire a Jr. QA tech without a team. They clearly have one.

What you don't seem to grasp is that things get by QA all the time. In every company. Should they have caught this? Sure! Maybe they were testing for functionality as opposed to exploitation. It happens. 

Consider judging a company by how they react to their mistakes, as opposed to constantly bashing them because one was made.

Berlin Gamigo QA doesnt test ArcheAge at all - so that listing is for their German team that handles their mobile games.

I am talking Gamigo US - they test ArcheAge and they have no QA team

Gamigo US does AA testing - people who tested AA are all gone, so Krohlan does some rudimentary testing as well a few other non-QA people.

Consider judging a company on how they react to their mistakes - they literally had no other choice but to disable it?

How would any other company react to untested feature that was completely ruining the game?

Of course they turned it off as - archepass is complete trash 

If Gamigo made some awesome decision here - I would give them credit but they literally made the only possible decision they had.

This would be like crediting someone for deciding to put the fire in the kitchen out that they themselves started - A+ decision there!

This is exactly what I'm talking about. PROVE that they have no QA team. You're just spitting out conjecture as if you've already proven that you're right. You haven't. You're saying these things as if we're supposed to accept them as fact. 

As far as their decision making goes - I will absolutely give them credit for making fast fixes and adjustments where it's needed. Especially when compared to Trion's glacial work pace. They're listening to their community and reacting accordingly. Maybe that's not good enough for you, but you don't play the game anyway, so why do you care? <--Rhetorical question
    IceAgeNephethalkarionlog
    Either DMKano has insider information or he fakes it very well, that is probably how he knows. If it is true or not is unknown, but he apparently has an unnamed source.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    edited October 2019
    jj7009 said:

DMKano said:

Tokken said:

Make us an mmo that updates continuously based on a single purchase. That's idealism my friend.
    Either make the MMO F2P with a cash shop or make it sub-based without it.

It's not difficult, but these companies want to double dip and then they wonder why everyone gets upset.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Asch126 said:
    jj7009 said:

DMKano said:

Tokken said:

Make us an mmo that updates continuously based on a single purchase. That's idealism my friend.

It's not difficult, but these companies want to double dip and then they wonder why everyone gets upset.
    Costs to make Ultima Online: 5-6 million dollars, 60 dollar box price and 15 dollar sub. 

Costs to make SWToR: 200 million dollars. 60 dollar box price and 15 dollar sub.

Not difficult at all right? See where it goes wrong?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

NephethalkarionlogCryomatrix
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

lahnmir said:
    Asch126 said:
    jj7009 said:

DMKano said:

Tokken said:

Costs to make Ultima Online: 5-6 million dollars, 60 dollar box price and 15 dollar sub. 

Costs to make SWToR: 200 million dollars. 60 dollar box price and 15 dollar sub.

Not difficult at all right? See where it goes wrong?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

@lahnmir

I agree 100%, people dont realize cost has increased greatly. 
    alkarionlog
    Ozmodan said:

If you really want to try ruin the game's success or help people or whatever it is you think you're doing, why are you doing it here? Go to Reddit where the real audience is and try your luck there. I doubt the response you'll get will be great for your ego, which is probably why you don't do it, but at least you have a chance of achieving whatever it is you're trying to achieve.
    Seriously?  He is just offering his opinion.  Far as I am concerned he nailed it and then you had to jump all over him without even attempting to address his points.  That is what we call trolling around here.  I disagree with Kano all the time, but I point out how I disagree and let it go at that, you, however, can't seem to address anything except that you don't like his posts.

As to the game, it is absurd such a poorly designed and badly implemented feature made it into the game at all.  It is one of the "what were they thinking moments".  So I have to agree with Kano on this one.
    Like I said a few times, I don't care about what he's saying. That's not why I commented. Kano knows I had issues with the ArchePass myself and that I'm one of the people that was causing a commotion about it over on Reddit so the white knight retort isn't going to fly here I'm afraid.

This was not about AA, it was about Kano, and pointing that out or acting like I did it because I'm trying to defend the game isn't going help his case.

Hell, I'm getting PMs from people thanking me for what I've said here. That speaks volumes.
    Nephethalkarionlog