Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Three months from now...

2»

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Horusra said:
    Financial success and it being a success in the eyes of the world are different.  The Last Jedi was a financial success but hardly looked at as a successful Star Wars movie.
    True, TLJ is generally viewed as an utter failure, with the latest leaks about SW IX it seems that Jar Jar Abrams is only digging the hole deeper, not that i think he actually has the talent to turn things around anyway. :/
    NorseGod
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    I really liked TLJ :)
    PhryIselin
  • perrin82perrin82 Member UncommonPosts: 285
    It's been two months now. What are we thinking? 
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    perrin82 said:
    It's been two months now. What are we thinking? 
    Well we have the trailer for "The Rise of Skywalker".  
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Lokero said:
    Sovrath said:
    perrin82 said:
    Fast forward three months --- Will Wow Classic be considered a success?

I am on the fence if I'll sub or not, but I am hoping it gives players the world that they have missed. 
    You have to define what that "success" means.

As Kano said, it will be a financial success. So yeah, it will be a success. 

Will it last for years and years and years? Well, there is a contingent of people who say they want this, they might even play on private servers, so as long as they continue then "sure why not?"
    Once it starts to fizzle out, they can always do what SOE/DBG keep doing.  Launch some fresh-start classic servers to lure back the people who don't like the later expansions, etc.

Of course, EQ has such a small population that they are effectively just cannibalizing themselves and killing off their own servers.  It sort of works, though.  People just move like locusts from the old server to the fresh one.
    For a big game like WOW, it would certainly work.  Launch a couple new servers every 6 months or something.
    Last time I logged into EQ1 they had 8-10 different progression servers going.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Lokero said:
    Sovrath said:
    perrin82 said:
    Fast forward three months --- Will Wow Classic be considered a success?

I am on the fence if I'll sub or not, but I am hoping it gives players the world that they have missed. 
    You have to define what that "success" means.

As Kano said, it will be a financial success. So yeah, it will be a success. 

Will it last for years and years and years? Well, there is a contingent of people who say they want this, they might even play on private servers, so as long as they continue then "sure why not?"
    Once it starts to fizzle out, they can always do what SOE/DBG keep doing.  Launch some fresh-start classic servers to lure back the people who don't like the later expansions, etc.

Of course, EQ has such a small population that they are effectively just cannibalizing themselves and killing off their own servers.  It sort of works, though.  People just move like locusts from the old server to the fresh one.
    For a big game like WOW, it would certainly work.  Launch a couple new servers every 6 months or something.
    Last time I logged into EQ1 they had 8-10 different progression servers going.
    My estimation is that Daybreak has somewhere between 35,000 and 40,000 people actively playing EQ1, both subscription and F2P.  They migrate between the regular servers and the progression servers as they come out.  Many players have characters on quite a few servers, some diehards have near the maximum character limit across 24 EQ1 servers.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Still doing well. Most of the servers are full, layered and busy. Too full in my opinion. Very annoying cannot find resources especially metals.
    Kyleran

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited October 2019
    kitarad said:
    Still doing well. Most of the servers are full, layered and busy. Too full in my opinion. Very annoying cannot find resources especially metals.
    Do they still have it so if a NPC hits you while mining a node you get interrupted and have to first kill to it proceed?

I recall being frustrated when I'd be busy clearing NPCs from an ore spawn only to see another player run up and grab it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited October 2019
    Kyleran said:
    kitarad said:
    Do they still have it so if a NPC hits you while mining a node you get interrupted and have to first kill to it proceed?

I recall being frustrated when I'd be busy clearing NPCs from an ore spawn only to see another player run up and grab it.

Yes even if they're grey to you they will attack. Have to clear it and any player that knowingly takes a node while you're clearing it, are really scummy. PvP server you can just kill the player after he clears the node and take it  >:)