Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ever quest Green

ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,849
Just heard of Ever Quest Green and was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a copy of the Titanium edition 
Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox One X)

Currently Reading: Skaven Slayer (Gotrek and Felix Book 2)

Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (3rd Draft)

Currently Watching: Oz (Season 4), Soprano's (Season 1)


«1

Comments

  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 1,920
    Extreme majority of folks obtain their copy via google. Will be a fun server if you don't try to get too serious. Server meta will be mage walls, folks holding camps for months at a time.
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox One X)

    Currently Reading: Skaven Slayer (Gotrek and Felix Book 2)

    Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (3rd Draft)

    Currently Watching: Oz (Season 4), Soprano's (Season 1)


  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member LegendaryPosts: 7,253
    edited October 2019
    Utinni said:
    Extreme majority of folks obtain their copy via google. Will be a fun server if you don't try to get too serious. Server meta will be mage walls, folks holding camps for months at a time.
    Huh? What the hell is mage walls? Oh, you're talking about official server shenanigans. Sorry, but there is no multiboxing on P99 servers.

  • KumaponKumapon Member RarePosts: 1,349
    The thought of 1k+ nerds confined to two endgame dungeons, and like 10 worthwhile solo camps made me curl up into the fetal position and wish for death.
    CryomatrixTorvalScot
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 18,008
    FFXI is a million x better than anything related to EQ1,does the exact same thing only way more and better at it.
    Why play an inferior product?Just because.....?
    Then again,aside from early bugs,i never understood why people played Wow over Eq2,as EQ2 looks better and was doing more than Wow on release as Wow was basically copying EQ2 and trying to catch up on content ideas.


    Pink_Candy

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member LegendaryPosts: 7,253
    Wizardry said:
    FFXI is a million x better than anything related to EQ1,does the exact same thing only way more and better at it.
    Why play an inferior product?Just because.....?
    Then again,aside from early bugs,i never understood why people played Wow over Eq2,as EQ2 looks better and was doing more than Wow on release as Wow was basically copying EQ2 and trying to catch up on content ideas.


    The main reason I couldn't stand FFXI was because it was designed to be played like a console game that was poorly ported over to PC.
    SovrathMendeldragonlee66

  • pkpkpkpkpkpk Member UncommonPosts: 236
    There is already a Project '99 server. Why play on the new one? It is an ill advised decision and for the health of the game it is best not to support it. You want to play an old MMO, but you are choosing a server with new players. The oldest players are on the other server. They don't have the population to support two. Although some of us play Project '99, among those there are a substantial number that disagree with the owners of the server and think it is not in the best of hands, though we appreciate it nevertheless, but it is our duty not to go along with bad decisions.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 28,802
    Wizardry said:

    Why play an inferior product?Just because.....?



    Good question. Why play Final Fantasy IX which is an inferior product to Everquest. Just because?

    Or is it that you just like it better. I'm going with that.
    AlBQuirkyelocke
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 1,932
     Wizardry said:
    FFXI is a million x better than anything related to EQ1,does the exact same thing only way more and better at it.
    Why play an inferior product?Just because.....?
    Then again,aside from early bugs,i never understood why people played Wow over Eq2,as EQ2 looks better and was doing more than Wow on release as Wow was basically copying EQ2 and trying to catch up on content ideas.


    I don’t play ffIX because it’s an inferior product. 
    SovrathAlBQuirkyelocke
    "Wake up, It's RNG, there is no such thing as 'rare'"
    - Ungood
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member LegendaryPosts: 7,253
    pkpkpk said:
    There is already a Project '99 server. Why play on the new one? It is an ill advised decision and for the health of the game it is best not to support it. You want to play an old MMO, but you are choosing a server with new players. The oldest players are on the other server. They don't have the population to support two. Although some of us play Project '99, among those there are a substantial number that disagree with the owners of the server and think it is not in the best of hands, though we appreciate it nevertheless, but it is our duty not to go along with bad decisions.
    Apparently you're not up to speed on what the Blue server actually is / was. The Blue server was a beta server to complete the necessary changes to make the Green server an official vanilla EQ launch. Let me guess, you invested your heart and soul into the Blue server and you're scared it's going to turn into a ghost town when a majority of people leave to go to the fresh official launch of the Green server? Am I right? Maybe there will be an influx of players. Maybe both servers will see a fair share of increased populations. Tell you what though. I certainly don't want to play on the Blue server with concrete established elitist guilds when I can start fresh with all the other new players on the Green server. I don't know, makes a hell of a lot of sense to me with what they are doing.
    Sovrath

  • chukekle1chukekle1 Member UncommonPosts: 33
     Only neckbeards that already ruined the economy and raiding scene on blue will play on green and they will do the EXACT same thing on green that they did on blue, the raiders and neckbeards on p99 are some of the most toxic mmo players i ever ran into, i mean they seriously think they are good and brag about killing mobs that were already killed over 2 decades ago, p99 players are using strats and tactics other people figured out for them with broken items that they shouldnt even be able to use to make raids EZ mode, p99 raid scene is like classic WoW raids, a 5 year old could do them.
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 6,100
    Rhoklaw said:
    pkpkpk said:
    There is already a Project '99 server. Why play on the new one? It is an ill advised decision and for the health of the game it is best not to support it. You want to play an old MMO, but you are choosing a server with new players. The oldest players are on the other server. They don't have the population to support two. Although some of us play Project '99, among those there are a substantial number that disagree with the owners of the server and think it is not in the best of hands, though we appreciate it nevertheless, but it is our duty not to go along with bad decisions.
    Apparently you're not up to speed on what the Blue server actually is / was. The Blue server was a beta server to complete the necessary changes to make the Green server an official vanilla EQ launch. Let me guess, you invested your heart and soul into the Blue server and you're scared it's going to turn into a ghost town when a majority of people leave to go to the fresh official launch of the Green server? Am I right? Maybe there will be an influx of players. Maybe both servers will see a fair share of increased populations. Tell you what though. I certainly don't want to play on the Blue server with concrete established elitist guilds when I can start fresh with all the other new players on the Green server. I don't know, makes a hell of a lot of sense to me with what they are doing.
    Exactly why I stopped playing. All the end game raids are locked up by certain guilds and all others on the server are unable to do anything.
    Torvalcheyanekjempff

  • pkpkpkpkpkpk Member UncommonPosts: 236
    Rhoklaw said:
    pkpkpk said:
    There is already a Project '99 server. Why play on the new one? It is an ill advised decision and for the health of the game it is best not to support it. You want to play an old MMO, but you are choosing a server with new players. The oldest players are on the other server. They don't have the population to support two. Although some of us play Project '99, among those there are a substantial number that disagree with the owners of the server and think it is not in the best of hands, though we appreciate it nevertheless, but it is our duty not to go along with bad decisions.
    Apparently you're not up to speed on what the Blue server actually is / was. The Blue server was a beta server to complete the necessary changes to make the Green server an official vanilla EQ launch. Let me guess, you invested your heart and soul into the Blue server and you're scared it's going to turn into a ghost town when a majority of people leave to go to the fresh official launch of the Green server? Am I right? Maybe there will be an influx of players. Maybe both servers will see a fair share of increased populations. Tell you what though. I certainly don't want to play on the Blue server with concrete established elitist guilds when I can start fresh with all the other new players on the Green server. I don't know, makes a hell of a lot of sense to me with what they are doing.
    Hum. I already said certain people disagree with the owner of this server or his ways. Yes that is the word, and inconspicuous it was, till recently. But that is no matter. Why it seems to me you spend all those words only to end with the old selfish excuse. Interesting to hear such amoral thoughts though. I invested no more or less than anyone else; I don't even play Project 1999 at the moment, but I would never succumb to such a base instinct, and chase novelty like that. You seem to take no responsibility for yourself or your actions and justify things by how much they serve your desires. You present choice is between the right and the wrong, and you mean to choose the wrong. It might help not to idealize people simply because they own the server. The facts are there and all you have to say is maybe there will be an influx of players, or maybe both servers will increase in population, as you lunge for the very thing that contradicts the whole intent of a classic server. Plenty of people play characters of all levels on the current server. I have never seen an elitist guild, and don't intend to. It is a fully functioning server and exactly what it should be.   


    I am sure John Smedley was fully supportive of Planes of Power. What do I care? The owner of Project 1999 is not a benefactor of all of his players; he has his own wishes and desires. I know wrong when I see it, and no matter what you say you are doing the wrong thing when you play on this server. It is a greatly disordered action. There is already a classic Everquest. We don't need two. The present one already has difficulties in off hours, leaving people with nothing to do but log out or not play. Everquest relies on new players joining to group with other new players. With no proof you will not contribute to the demise of the server, and all the proof that you are doing the wrong thing, you yet intend to go forward. What use are words to someone like you? You are a dog lunging for a steak, a bull chasing a cow. 
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 20,183
    kitarad said:

    Exactly why I stopped playing. All the end game raids are locked up by certain guilds and all others on the server are unable to do anything.
    I've tried P99 and there were some nice people but the social structure is already pretty tightly locked down like you say. Going anywhere in that server means playing the guild game. Just 'nope' to that.

    I'm not going to try the new server, but I think it's a great idea to open new servers for these older established games. Forging a new server is one of the most fun things to do in an MMO in my opinion.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • pkpkpkpkpkpk Member UncommonPosts: 236
    Torval said:
    kitarad said:

    Exactly why I stopped playing. All the end game raids are locked up by certain guilds and all others on the server are unable to do anything.
    I'm not going to try the new server, but I think it's a great idea to open new servers for these older established games. Forging a new server is one of the most fun things to do in an MMO in my opinion.
    Richard Bartle:

    "Short-Termism

    No quote this time.

    When a virtual world changes (as it must), all but its most experienced players will consider the change on its short-term merits only. They look at how the change affects them, personally, right now. They will only make mention of possible long-term effects to help buttress a short-termist argument. They don't care that things will be majorly better for them later if things are minorly worse for them today - it's only the now that matters.

    Why is this? I've no idea. Well, I do have an idea, but not one I can back up, so I'll keep quiet about it. The fact is, players do behave like this all the time, and it would only take a cursory scan of any forum after patch day for you to convince yourself, if you don't believe me.

    This short-termist attitude has two outcomes. Firstly, something short-term good but long-term bad is hard for developers to remove, because players are mainly in favor of it. Secondly, something short-term bad but long-term good is hard to keep because players are mainly not in favor of it.

    Design that is short-term good but long-term bad I call "poor". Virtual worlds are primarily a mixture of good and poor design, because the other two possibilities (outright bad and short-term bad, long-term good) either aren't implemented or are swiftly removed. Good design keeps players; poor design drives them away (when the short term becomes the long term and the game becomes unfun).

    Point #4: Many players will think some poor design choices are good."

  • pkpkpkpkpkpk Member UncommonPosts: 236
    edited October 2019
    Well it launched a little after 1 PM EST today.

    Here are the numbers:

    9:30 AM EST:
    ~200 green (character creation only)
    ~400 blue

    1:42 PM EST:
    1700 green
    446 blue

    1:56 PM EST:
    1831 green
    429 blue

    4:17 PM EST 
    2170 green
    480 blue

    5:56 PM EST
    2366 green
    478 blue

    7:57 PM EST
    2426 green
    547 blue (still impossible to find groups)

    10:53 PM EST
    2645 green
    621 blue (some partial groups here and there)



    People are logging off blue because the zones are empty and they can't find groups. There is no alternative. The entire server has been disrupted.

    Blue had a steady population around 1000 for a long time. Those are the people who wish to play Project 1999. If they wished to make a new character, would they not have done so already? It is not exactly a sight seeing tour. Everquest takes a lot of time and commitment even to reach a level where you can do things with other players. So suppose you reach level 20 and go to Unrest on the green server. What have you gained? Playing with people that don't have great gear? Sure but is it worth all that time, dozens and dozens of hours just to do that? Once upon a time you could log into the blue server and find groups at any level, it had a working player economy where you could buy, sell and trade things in East Commonlands. The server is below half its average population and zones are deserted. The whole concept is deranged. Something has to give. Either the blue server will continue to be unplayable, and they will lose their players, or the green server will become unplayable. Supposing the average 1000 population is split between the two servers, and we can see the result of 429 players on blue now--it is impossible to group and advance in the game at several level brackets. So both servers will be unplayable.

    THis is proving to be the worst choice I have ever seen in an MMO. I knew I was right. It reminds me of an argument I had in trade chat in World of Warcraft before Cataclysm. People will defend ANYTHING. The above words of Richard Bartle are therapeutic right now. Imbeciles. The owner pushed forward with his plan even though he lacked the numbers to do it. And simple math proves itself right. 1000 / 2 = 500 (unplayable). What an awful decision. It would have been a good idea if there were a surplus of players. As far as I am concerned this game is a wreck. He may as well have done a player wipe. You cannot have a healthy server for Everquest with that few people. No one can progress their characters past a point. They needed every player they had on blue, for the economy in East Commonlands and for all the dungeons and camps across the land.

    So much for the last vestige of classic MMOs. In the end they weren't content with classic. They needed novelty. They got it and now the game is gone. I hope the thrill of a thousand butterflies beside you that don't give a rip about classic Everquest was worth it. Whether green is prospers or not for the next few weeks or months, you have killed the last great MMO on the Internet. Even if green survives it's not classic, it's a complete betrayal of it. It's an admission a classic server can't work. I have been playing Project 1999 off and on since it was released and I still have not made a character to highest level, and it looks like I never will. I'll give it a little longer, but as far as I can see they tried something very risky, and there is no evidence it will work. The only evidence--mathematics and simple reason--shows that it will not. When the dust cloud clears they may have fewer players than they did before green server. People will not stick around if they can't play the game. I am sitting here and there is literally nothing to do. It's not even possible to find a duo in the main leveling zones. 
    Post edited by pkpkpk on
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 20,183
    Sounds like the 500 people playing on Blue should start working together. If you can't find a duo from a pool of 500 other people then there are other problems. It's ridiculous for a few people to expect 2000 other people to stick around just so their special world isn't ruined. Those other people want to start a new adventure. Don't be so selfish.
    SensaicheyaneRhoklaw
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 7,334
    When I played P99 people were giving away stuff for low prices. Many players were very happy to give new players stuff simply to encourage them to play. This actually ruined the new player experience but you know how it is with taking the easy path of least resistance. I still loved playing it but I also watched the end game raiding and saw the writing on the wall.

     You do not need that high a number of people playing because so much of the population has already done most of the content. Since every area has no instances the population on Blue can finally breath easier and not find every spot camped which is really a bloody nuisance. What they lack also were the end game raids, those were what was completely monopolized and locked down by a couple of guilds I think that would bicker and fight on the forums and train each other and various stupid shenanigans that was embarrassing to watch and read about.

    Totally understand why people want to start over in Green. I think a population of 500 can play old Everquest fine if they are interested in the end game raids. I think your reaction is completely overboard and a bit Chicken Littlish. 



    Chamber of Chains
  • pkpkpkpkpkpk Member UncommonPosts: 236
    Torval said:
    Sounds like the 500 people playing on Blue should start working together. If you can't find a duo from a pool of 500 other people then there are other problems. It's ridiculous for a few people to expect 2000 other people to stick around just so their special world isn't ruined. Those other people want to start a new adventure. Don't be so selfish.
    Hahaha, well I'm glad to see at least one other person is interested in this, and I appreciate the response. The article I cited was obviously not read, understood or cared about by you. You are taking the same tack as before. Those 2000 people will not remain. And when they diminish, as they always have in these cases (I was there for day 1 of Lineage II classic), the only evidence we have shows there will again be 1000 people, but this time between two servers. Maybe you think it somehow impossible this will be a catastrophic move. I don't know what assures you of that. The moment I read about it months ago I knew it was wrong. But it seems one person--the owner--is all it takes to set hundreds in motion voluntarily to their own unhappiness. You argument is the epitome of what Bartle spoke of, so entirely unreasonable, so lodged in short term, and in extreme short term, so much so that when the numbers stabilize again, new players to Project 1999 will be worse off than they were before. Start an adventure? Oh come now! and you call me selfish. I don't know why you can't see that everything you're saying serves only to please a small group for a short amount of time, and neither could Bartle, according to the article. As I said, there were always enough players on the blue server. It was working perfectly. Anyone could start an adventure. The entire population of Project '99 was focused in one place. Really if that's all you have for an argument.... just... enough. It is somewhat alarming. Bartle has already described you categorically, and even having read that you persist. I don't think you're a reasonable person. 
  • pkpkpkpkpkpk Member UncommonPosts: 236
    cheyane said:
    When I played P99 people were giving away stuff for low prices. Many players were very happy to give new players stuff simply to encourage them to play. This actually ruined the new player experience but you know how it is with taking the easy path of least resistance. I still loved playing it but I also watched the end game raiding and saw the writing on the wall.

     You do not need that high a number of people playing because so much of the population has already done most of the content. Since every area has no instances the population on Blue can finally breath easier and not find every spot camped which is really a bloody nuisance. What they lack also were the end game raids, those were what was completely monopolized and locked down by a couple of guilds I think that would bicker and fight on the forums and train each other and various stupid shenanigans that was embarrassing to watch and read about.

    Totally understand why people want to start over in Green. I think a population of 500 can play old Everquest fine if they are interested in the end game raids. I think your reaction is completely overboard and a bit Chicken Littlish. 




    Well I have been playing Project 1999 off and on since the early days. It was the best MMORPG on the Internet. If I cannot play my characters any more I will leave.

    What you need to understand is I am not attached to this game particularly. I am speaking in a very detached and objective way. Before today I hadn't played it in at least a year.

    And if it does go under (the blue server) I will not be altogether dissatisfied. That is justice. Maybe people will learn something important in their lives from that. And then I can put MMORPGs to rest for good in mine, knowing at last it is completely impossible to corral that many in one, stable game, for a great length of time.  It is obvious from the toilet humour,  cheaters and raiders with microphones that people in that game are very diverse. And it's also obvious all they needed to do was dangle a carrot on a stick, and half the players would charge for it, even if it meant the demise of the whole server. It was a construction held together only by the relative purity of the owners vision. It has been a long time since I thought that many could come together in a unified game. I have known for a while the superiority of text to graphics for MUDs, but Project '99 always stood in the way of my complete abandonment of the graphic ones.

    This may really be a good thing.

    I know my pride would like it. I prophecied, calculated and judged rightly, where hundreds of others did not, and knew it on an instaneous whim that they were wrong. I also have to say for the brief time I was able to group today before the green server appeared and all the groups vanished, I had never before seen such a uniform base of intelligence on Project '99. It would be a good note to end it on.
  • pkpkpkpkpkpk Member UncommonPosts: 236
    edited October 2019
    I have to say too between the anonymity of the Internet and the complete lack of reason to be on green server, the sight of 2400 people there is somewhat disturbing. It has connotations of a stampede, and when you think about the base connotations of why people would go there, when a few minutes consideration would show that at, say, an advanced level the experience between the blue and green server would not be appreciably different, and not enough certainly to justify the hundreds of hours to get there, well, let's just say I love Bartle's writings; even if he is only posturing as an academic, it is nice to consort with the high sage while the city burns.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 1,920
    edited October 2019
    Rhoklaw said:
    Utinni said:
    Extreme majority of folks obtain their copy via google. Will be a fun server if you don't try to get too serious. Server meta will be mage walls, folks holding camps for months at a time.
    Huh? What the hell is mage walls? Oh, you're talking about official server shenanigans. Sorry, but there is no multiboxing on P99 servers.
    Mages aka Magicians are a caster/pet based class that came at launch with Everquest. You can play them on P99 including the new P99 green server. They are not a late-game addition on official EQ nor are they a slang term for multiboxing.

    I'm talking about multiple groups with 4-5 mages each taking down the only raids in the game currently. All of the top groups as we speak are 4+ mages each, and there will be many more. 

    My group just hit 7 and we're going all weekend. 
  • tasburathtasburath Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Wizardry said:
    FFXI is a million x better than anything related to EQ1,does the exact same thing only way more and better at it.
    Why play an inferior product?Just because.....?
    Then again,aside from early bugs,i never understood why people played Wow over Eq2,as EQ2 looks better and was doing more than Wow on release as Wow was basically copying EQ2 and trying to catch up on content ideas.


    The reason people flocked to WoW was because it would run smoothly on a toaster whereas you needed a pretty high-end PC to run EQ2 with settings turned up.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 7,334
    Goodness this guy is having a love affair with himself. I'm afraid we must be cramping your superior deductive and reasoning skills...I bow out gracefully.
    TillerTorvalkitarad
    Chamber of Chains
Sign In or Register to comment.