Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS4 or Xbox for a slow old man?

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited January 2018
    Playstation definitely has the more twitch-less based exclusives. Things like Heavy Rain, Persona 5, Detroit: Become Human, Ni No Kuni II, Hidden Agenda, Until Dawn, etc. The Last of Us I + II should be fine if you play on easy too.

Playstation has much more interactive movie type games like Heavy Rain and Until Dawn. It seems to be a genre Sony like to work with. Plus, more jRPGs which are usually twitch-less.

Plus, you can pretty much get most of the Xbox exclusives on PC now and in the future.. so.. assuming you're already set up for PC gaming, Playstation is the logical choice to get access to everything.

I have both consoles and I use my Playstation way more than my Xbox. Mainly because if I can play a game on PC, I will. The ONLY games I've wanted to play on Xbox that aren't on PC are Halo 5 and the Masterchief Collection. My Xbox is gathering dust tbh.
    Scot
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    I got both for different reasons. The PS is my weapon of choice though and I was all set to get only it initially.

Got the Xbox first when Cuphead was announced and for Sea of Thieves.

Got the PS4 with accrued LaQuinta points later for VR.

To me, the XB feels better with sports and shooters, whereas the PS feels better and has more variety in RPGs. Feel being completely subjective, of course, but the odd asymmetrical stick configuration seems to work better for me in more twitchy type games. 

PS+ has been knocking it out of the park lately relative to Games with Gold as far as ARV goes, but it depends on what games you want or already have. Both have services for streaming games. XB backwards compatibility is awesome if you have 360 games or want to get some that didn't carry over to XB1. EA Access is only on the XB and pretty great for the price you pay; games get to the vault fairly quickly.

In the end it is really a flavor thing. I get way more use from my PS. On exclusives, with Microsoft pushing the XBox gaming platform for Windows, a lot of their "exclusives" have already or are soon becoming XB/PC exclusives. If you plan on maintaining a decent gaming rig as well, that might sway the exclusive angle more towards PS. On the other hand, a lot of the 3rd party devs that used to make PS exclusives are sticking them on Steam now as well.

So... flavor.
  • JamesErhartJamesErhart Member CommonPosts: 6

For me it will always be the PS4, it will be suitable for you as well. It depends upon the selection of your gaming interest. You can play Peggle two, hohokum and Skylanders can also be a good option.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    The monthly things for Playstation+ have been quite good lately on PS4 as well.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Honestly, just wait for a Switch. If you already game on PC, minus a few exclusives, you already have the majority of those games available on PC.  Switch has an extensive library. And being able to lay down and game is awesome.
  • ThevigilanteThevigilante Member CommonPosts: 6
    Go for the Xbox one. There are a ton of games available for it, the graphics are great, can't beat the feel the controller.. it's just an overall win win.
  • Luetta13thLuetta13th Member CommonPosts: 7
    Age is only a number my friend. Don't allow your age determine whether you should feel eligible for one console over the other. But if I have on make a recommendation, I would say,go with the Ps4 Pro!
  • Ps4proboyPs4proboy Member CommonPosts: 6
    Why not opt for a Nintendo switch? That may be more your speed and pretty sure Zelda is available on the switch. It originally came out on Nintendo. I was just about to inquire on your age, but I'm seeing this thread started a while back.. which console did you end up getting? And do you have any regrets?
  • PlayKing1920PlayKing1920 Member CommonPosts: 6
    Hey old school, have you decided which console you were going to get yet? I would say go for a ps4 pro. You can get one nowadays fresh off the shelf, Brad new for around  $250.. which is a hell of alot cheaper then how much they first came out for which was $499. Well worth the money.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    If you already have a PC then there is little point in getting an Xbox, as any xbox games these days seem to be on PC too, having said that most of the good exclusives lately seem to be on the PS4, God of War is just a more recent example, i think though that the Switch might be a better option, although the online part with the Switch is its weakest feature given all the limitations and needing a smartphone, which is a bodged together mess that sort of works, but not all that consistently from what i've heard. :/
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Make a list. Sit down and list under each console the number of games you might play.  Then buy the console which can give you the most number of games whether now or in the future that you would play and make sure those games are not available on the PC. I picked  a PS4.
    PhryConstantineMerus
    Chamber of Chains
  • URLooKINatGLORYURLooKINatGLORY Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Always been an xbox guy myself, but PS4 would probably be your best bet with the widest selection or games
  • Noobmaster_95Noobmaster_95 Member UncommonPosts: 93
    If you're slow old man Sega Mega Drive 16 bit will be the best choice for you ;)
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    go out side and be active, travel the world..... forget gaming

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited May 2019
    Nintendo Switch.

Xbox games are available on PC and Sony just became an American company and started censoring Japanese games. I've been mainly a PS gamer since the PS2 but out of principle I can never again recommend PS to anyone. I hate censorship and will never pay for it.
    Asm0deus

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Xbox with game pass's 200+ titles, a lot of them new releases. Instant library.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    edited May 2019
    If you're slow old man Sega Mega Drive 16 bit will be the best choice for you ;)

Welcome to the Forums!

Great thread to Necro. Do we know what the OP chose? :) 
    jimmywolf
  • Jimbaker1Jimbaker1 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    PS4 is better I guess I mean that person would be able to handle it properly.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    If you're slow, then you compensate by getting faster hardware.  Lower latency in hardware can sometimes compensate for higher latency in the human using the hardware.  But that rules out consoles, as they're all high latency.
  • KimmbrownKimmbrown Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    I’ve been dealing with health issues ever since 2015 and it has only gotten worse. I’ve been unemployed since the summer of 2015 because of said health issues. I bought my Xbox just a few months before solely for Arkham Knight. As someone who played my original Xbox and my 360 everyday when I was healthier, Ive played my Xbox one so much more. It’s been a tough few years but my Xbox is always here for me. If I’m laying in bed in pain, it’s just comforting being at the dashboard whether I’m gonna Netflix or play fallout or smite or watch my friend play something because I’m not feeling good. I guess what I’m trying to say is my Xbox has made these last few years (which has been the toughest of my life), so much better. I just downloaded the bioshock collection because I never beat any of them. And to see my library grow along with myself, really means something to me. Even though Funds have been really tight for numerous years, I still somehow manage to grow my library. And that alone makes me happy. My Xbox has helped me battle through pain/discomfort/depression/anger/sadness/frustration. I love nothing more than to just lay in bed and have my controller in my hands. My Xbox has helped me so much. And I just felt like randomly telling you guys. It’s awesome to see so many games coming to this platform and for so many people to be engaged and passionate. I wish there was someone I could personally thank. My Xbox is what makes me feel alittle bit better when I’m not feeling good. And I hope it does the same for many others. Thank you, Xbox.

maskedweasel
  • kliomanskliomans Newbie CommonPosts: 6
    I recommend that you decide on the games that you like. Also, first try the joysticks of both consoles, so that it is convenient.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    PS4 hardware for the exclusives

Xbox game pass on PC for everything else
  • jerrywowjerrywow Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Just take both, it would't cost a lot
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    cheyaneTiller
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited May 2020
    Asheram said:
    OMG Wow! I'd totally play a game that has this amazing detail and no fighting just exploring in 3rd person may be collecting items and you know no action stuff but most games that employ these types of great graphics are action adventures. I am always at a disadvantage in those being unable to take twitch combat.
    Asheram
    Chamber of Chains