Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A kinder, gentler EVE on the horizon?

13»

Comments

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Burnouttx said:
    Ganking and getting ganked is part of the game sweethearts.  Get over it and plan on loosing whatever you undock with or go back to playing WoW.  That's why I learned industry and build my own ships..... freakin' duh.  
    That’s the problem. You don’t want people to go play WoW, you want them to fill the Eve universe. It’s not like they’re changing every system. 
  • lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 558
    Amathe said:
    Kinder and gentler implies there is anything kind or gentle about Eve.  :0 
    Even their power ballad is all about shooting each other and dying together.

Octagon7711Erillion
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    I don't play EVE because I just don't have the time for it, to play the way I want to. But, I hope they don't screw it up, whatever they do.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Kyleran said:
    They have this "belief" that by making PVE less safe it will encourage players to PVP more.

Perhaps in some situations or for some players, got me out to null sec however I suspect it drove a lot more folks off than encouraged.

I think a better approach would have been to offer better or more unique rewards to null sec life to encourage players rather than bludgeon.

This is the same belief that kills most PVP games.  "Well the reason people are quitting our game is because there needs to be more risk verse reward".  Really?  Then why did even more people quit when you made the change?   "Oh we spoke with the community about that (only hardcore PvPer's are left at this point) and they said there needs to be even more risk verses reward and people will come back"  Repeat cycle.

Gdemami
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    goboygo said:
    Kyleran said:
    They have this "belief" that by making PVE less safe it will encourage players to PVP more.

Perhaps in some situations or for some players, got me out to null sec however I suspect it drove a lot more folks off than encouraged.

I think a better approach would have been to offer better or more unique rewards to null sec life to encourage players rather than bludgeon.

This is the same belief that kills most PVP games.  "Well the reason people are quitting our game is because there needs to be more risk verse reward".  Really?  Then why did even more people quit when you made the change?   "Oh we spoke with the community about that (only hardcore PvPer's are left at this point) and they said there needs to be even more risk verses reward and people will come back"  Repeat cycle.

You are confused, players want more reward and less risk...which is what Null sec eventually evolved into, while high sec went the other direction. 

Is OK, CCP got it backwards too.

:D 
    Gdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Kyleran said:
    goboygo said:
    Kyleran said:

You are confused, players want more reward and less risk...which is what Null sec eventually evolved into, while high sec went the other direction. 

Yep, this.

Basically I had to move to Null Sec to avoid PVP, isn’t this ironic?
    How incompetent can you be as a developer if you don’t understand how your game works?

Do CCP actually play their fucking game?
    Kyleran[Deleted User]kitaradGdemami
  • lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 558
    TEKK3N said:
    Kyleran said:
    goboygo said:
    Kyleran said:

Yep, this.

Basically I had to move to Null Sec to avoid PVP, isn’t this ironic?
    How incompetent can you be as a developer if you don’t understand how your game works?

Do CCP actually play their fucking game?
    They do now, at least publicly! 

https://www.mmorpg.com/eve-online/news/ccp-outlines-new-policy-to-allow-devs-to-play-eve-online-with-players-2000102490
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited April 2021
    I just wish they pulled CCP off EVE (sorry EVE fans!) and put them back on a WoD game.
    ... or at least resurrect Walking in Stations!!!

(-hides-)
  • AedaxusAedaxus Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited May 2021
    I just wish they pulled CCP off EVE (sorry EVE fans!) and put them back on a WoD game.

(-hides-)

"Walking In Stations" was a nice idea if it was expanded upon. What they delivered was a 'proof of concept' showing they can make you walk in one room.  Just an impractical interface -comparable to the bulkiness  of VR technology- made for a very small group of players.  With nothing to do, not slot machines (PVE), no poker tables (PVP). So yes, implement WIS but add things to do, even if it's mini games like "pipes" to fix things or to speed up industry things or whatever. So many possibilities... As usual CCP saw an opportunity (but most likely they wanted to force VR in it) then missed the ball completely. Sad, but shows somehow they have great ideas once in a while. It did not help the (already abandoned) engine they built it on, only compiled in 32 bit.... *sigh*
    Ungood
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Aedaxus said:

(-hides-)

"Walking In Stations" was a nice idea if it was expanded upon. What they delivered was a 'proof of concept' showing they can make you walk in one room.  Just an impractical interface -comparable to the bulkiness  of VR technology- made for a very small group of players.  With nothing to do, not slot machines (PVE), no poker tables (PVP). So yes, implement WIS but add things to do, even if it's mini games like "pipes" to fix things or to speed up industry things or whatever. So many possibilities... As usual CCP saw an opportunity (but most likely they wanted to force VR in it) then missed the ball completely. Sad, but shows somehow they have great ideas once in a while. It did not help the (already abandoned) engine they built it on, only compiled in 32 bit.... *sigh*
    Welcome to the forums.

Seeing this old necro brings me back, realizing that it's been 4.5 years now since I "retired" from EVE, where does the time go.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• thelawoflogicthelawoflogic Member UncommonPosts: 788
    I ate sandwich yesterday