Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ascension WoW Season 5. Hardcore PvP, No classes, Nov 8th Release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_vurYKm0SQ&feature=youtu.be

This is probably the best loot on death PvP to be found in an MMORPG right now. If you've been looking to scratch that PvP itch this is the game. I tried it last season and it was the best PvP I've had since Ultima Online. I'm honestly amazed at how cohesive they made this entire thing. It's pretty incredible a private team pulled this off and it's completely free.
 I've been here a while...

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Any in game reason to kill besides points?
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • sacredcow4sacredcow4 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    bcbully said:
    Any in game reason to kill besides points?
    Well, you can become an Outlaw and kill your own faction. Players drop some of their loot and gear when you kill them in High-Risk mode. But world mobs also drop "Bloody" versions of dungeon and raid gear to account for this gear loss. They have some sick PvP events as well, like parachuting in on a giant chest that spawns, 1v1 honorable combat zones, reworked Gurubashi event and High-Risk Arena(loot on death arena) coming.

If raiding is still your thing you can raid for soulbound gear too, but if you take it into high-risk pvp you risk losing it and it becomes a bloody version.

They have No-Risk and High-Risk phases you can swap between. Basically UOs version of Felucca and Trammel, with incentives for each.

Outlaw(red system from UO) makes you hostile to both factions and they made Booty Bay the Outlaw capital. It's actually really well thought out, with the ability to also become a Protector by killing Outlaws.
    bcbully
  • QuaterniumQuaternium Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    But how do you handle high levels ganking low levels and taking their stuff?
    But how do you handle high levels ganking low levels and taking their stuff?
    You don't lose loot if someone way higher level ganks you. I think 4 level difference maybe? So level 60s can't ruin a new person's day beyond getting a kill on them, but that's just mmos. 

They have a "Res in nearest quest hub" function too so it's super easy to avoid people doing this.
  • UmiHajaUmiHaja Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    Wait! So like I could get Stealth and Charge? Or I could get Immolate and play fire mage? THAT SOUNDS SO SICK! This sounds so fun.
    Or windfury and mortal strike :)  Draft Mode is really sick. You get 3 random spells from ALL classes every 2 levels and can pick one. So you end up with really cool and interesting builds.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    holy crap this looks amazing

• Jamang89Jamang89 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    What is this classless idea?
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Jamang89 said:
    What is this classless idea?
    its fricken awesome
    Imagine being able to pick from all trees, and designing a class around any skill in game?

The season is still going strong. It's great.