Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon/Visionary Realms bi-weekly videos

KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
edited November 2019 in Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen
First off, if you haven't watched it, you should. It was very well done and had a lot of very good information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGUQ3hpZNks

This video talks about the new racials, lore, and a new Cohh stream of Farthale on Nov. 4th. 

Here are the racials 

Humans

A People Inspired - Increases melee, ranged and spell haste by 2%

Wanderlust - Grants a bonus to faction gain with neutral factions. Also, increases experience gained through exploration.

Shield Specialization - Increases shield mastery skill by 10 points

Thronfastian Charm - Increases the effectiveness of skills & abilities modified by charisma

Humans will have an advantage against the alarmist disposition.

Elves (General)

Lucent Ancestry - Grants Innate resistance to nature magic and increases the effectiveness of nature abilities

Nimble - Increases the effectiveness of skills & abilities modified by agility

Elves will have an advantage against the Truesight disposition

- Ashen Elves -

Deep recitation - Grants an innate 20% chance to resist spell interruptions and counterspell abilties

Sagacious - Ashen elves gain extra spell rating from each point of wisdom

- Ember Elves -

Unflinching - Grants an innate 20% chance to resist knockdown and knockback abilties

Deftness - Grants extra attack rating from each point of dexterity

Halflings

Wild Mind - This grants innate resistance to charm and mesmerize effects

Dagger Specialization - This increases dagger skill by 10 points

The Fire of Youth - This grants a bonus to the effect of consumables

Wraith Hunters - This grants a bonus to damage inflicted against wraith targets

Halflings ill have an advantage against the Deranged disposition

Dwarves

Fortitude - Dwarves gain extra hit points from each point of stamina

Grip of the Dwarven Father - Grants Immunity to Disarm

Ice and Stone - Innate bonus to cold resistance, frigid and toxic accimation

Mountain-forged - Increases blunt weaponry skills by 10 points

Dwarves will have an advantage against the Avenging disposition

Archai

Living Reservoir - Mana-drain effects are reduced by X%

Effervescent - Immune to effects that drain endurance

Elemental Attunement - Grants a bonus to the effectiveness of elemental-based abilities based on attnement (fire, water, wind, earth)

Natural Acclimation - Innate bonus to acclimation score based on elemental attunement: fire = sorching, water = frigid, wind = windshear, earth = toxic

Archai will have an advantage against the Playful disposition

Gnomes

Incantation Mastery - Grants an innate 20% chance to resist silence

Enigmatic Brilliance - Gnomes gain extra mana from each point of intelligence

Ethereal Being - Increases dodge chance by 3%

Constant Scholar - Increases the rate at which skills improve

Gnomes will have an advantage against the Mastermind disposition

Skar

Long-suffering - Increases maximum health by 5%

Fear of the Nine God - Grants an innate 20% resistance to fear effects

Pack-hunter - Increases movement speed up to a maximum of 5% whin in range of skar group members

Skar will have an advantage against the Predatory disposition

Ogres

Broken Maw's Grit - Ogres gain extra attack rating from each point of strength

Staggering Strength - Increases critical damage by 5%

Battle-hardened - Grants and innate 25% chance to resist non-magical stun effects. This becomes 100% immunity to non-magical stuns during battle trance (active)

Ogres will have an advantage against the Bloodthirsty disposition

Dark Myr

Vestige of Syronai - Grants underwater breathing and increased swim speed

Perceptive - Increases insight skill by 10 points

Embittered Psyche - Increases both stealth effectiveness and awareness by 10 points

Born of Deep Waters - Grants an innate bonus to anaerobic and pressure acclimation

Dark Myr will have an advantage against the Cunning disposition
Post edited by Kumapon on
TEKK3NRaidan_EQAmathe

Comments

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    What do you all think of the racials ? 

I was surprised at how potent some of the racials are. I'm a little disappointed that there are certain combinations that seem almost required. 
    Kyleran
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    edited October 2019
    Great stuff.
    Unbalanced Races/Classes (or unique) is what MMORPGs sorely needed.

The era of copy/paste for the sake of balancing has to end.
    I hope this game gets finished, because is exactly the kind of game I want to play.
    Raidan_EQvandal5627svanndeniter
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848
    TEKK3N said:
    Great stuff.

I hope this game gets finished, because is exactly the kind of game I want to play.
    Yes, and let the era of min/maxing return!

"A Halfling that wants to tank?! Get the hell out of here, only Dwarves and Skar can tank."
    Kyleran
  • GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    edited October 2019
    TEKK3N said:
    Great stuff.

I love it.  Can't wait to see one of the games best tanks being an Elve.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    edited October 2019
    Xiaoki said:
    "A Halfling that wants to tank?! Get the hell out of here, only Dwarves and Skar can tank."
    Doesn't seem that significant to be honest. Also increased effect of consumables and resistance to some forms of CC sounds like pretty good tank passives right there.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Xiaoki said:
    TEKK3N said:
    Great stuff.

The issue becomes even more significant in PVP .... oh, that's right, Brad said he has a magical new way to keep PVE and PVP mechanics from impacting each other, nevermind.
    Mendel

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Xiaoki said:
    TEKK3N said:
    Great stuff.

That’s how it should be.

Are you actually surprised there is people who like that?
    Not everyone like anaemic Race/Classes like in most modern MMOs.

I love uniqueness, particularly in Classes, fuck the balance.
    vandal5627Kyleran
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I like that there are racials. Having differences gives me more choice making. It's too early to worry about if they make sense. Because no way this lasts unaltered all the way to launch. They still have to test it. 

[Deleted User]MendelTokken

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Amathe said:
    I like that there are racials. Having differences gives me more choice making. It's too early to worry about if they make sense. Because no way this lasts unaltered all the way to launch. They still have to test it. 

Much like EQ1, racial abilities/advantages are going to be difficult to balance and more likely to be left of the developing room floor.  Good news!  Having racial bonuses gives VR something to cut when things don't go according to the "Vision 2.0".  Before the class-specific nerfs, that is.

Wasn't Vision formerly a bad word?  Apologies if I offended anyone.

[Deleted User]

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Vision is in the eye of the beholder.

Boom goes the dynamite!
    Kyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    A good move. 

Now they need to follow through and find something to talk about in 2 weeks time. And 2 weeks after that. And 2 weeks after that.

I assume the first few are scoped out it will get harder as they take this forward.

It is, I feel, something they need to get behind though. Making a game is only a part of the task; marketing - and financing! - the development are often harder.
    Raidan_EQMendel
  • bng28bng28 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    edited October 2019
    gervaise1 said:
    A good move. 

Now they need to follow through and find something to talk about in 2 weeks time. And 2 weeks after that. And 2 weeks after that.

I assume the first few are scoped out it will get harder as they take this forward.

It is, I feel, something they need to get behind though. Making a game is only a part of the task; marketing - and financing! - the development are often harder.
    Would be pretty poor judgement call to start these video segments without a substantial amount of information they can drop to the community.  

I am hopeful that they have this planned out well and more depth in their information will come of this.  However, that's all anyone can be at this point, hopeful.  

I think people tend to forget that what developers decide to show, is much less than what they have available, completed and or are ready to show, even at this point in development.  Not everything that they show is all that they have.  

Forum members (official pantheon forums) began to scoff at the information in recent written newsletters, as if the information they were releasing was ALL the progression they had made in a months time.
    gervaise1
    edited November 2019
    The written version is posted here, if you don't want to watch the video. 

http://pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/2019_october_intro/

The next bi-weekly stream got changed to tomorrow at 3pm est.  It will be on CohhCarnage.

https://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

edited November 2019
    Nov. 7th video has been posted. If you want to watch the stream you can check it out here. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzph6ivZtao
    gervaise1 said:
    A good move. 

Having biweekly progress reports isn't something that a company really needs to give to the customers.  That's something for an investor.  So, I tend to view these as more marketing than a status report.

VR seems to be taking the approach of doing all their marketing via these streamers.  Word-of-mouth might be a powerful marketing technique, but the company has far less control of the "message".  I really hope this decision doesn't bite them in the nether regions.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Mendel said:
    gervaise1 said:
    A good move. 

Having biweekly progress reports isn't something that a company really needs to give to the customers.  That's something for an investor.  So, I tend to view these as more marketing than a status report.

VR seems to be taking the approach of doing all their marketing via these streamers.  Word-of-mouth might be a powerful marketing technique, but the company has far less control of the "message".  I really hope this decision doesn't bite them in the nether regions.

I believe they mentioned somewhere one of the reasons for moving to this bi-monthly video format was to spread the word to people who had more recently become aware of Pantheon.

As pleas for people to consider buying a package feature prominently I'd say marketing is a clear intent of the series. 
    Amathe

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited November 2019
    The more bi-weekly videos detailing whats happening with the game is what I need to see to build my confidence in the game ACTUALLY coming out some day!  I need to know progress is being made..... and hopefully it's not another unfinished game like Vanguard.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    I am thinking of buying a lower package for me and the wife.  We are both looking forward to this (Yes, I am not delusional, it may be 2-3 years till it comes out, hopefully not, but low funds and such, or never come out, don't buy something on a funder platform or company, if you can't stomach losing it).

I have never donated to one of these, but as of writing this, it is the only future mmo that I am keeping a eye on.  I have been playing Archeage and went back and looked at EQ2, due to never playing it when it first came out as something to spend some time on.  Think I am done with the RvR/PvP mmos, they can never seem to get a decent balance in the pvp, and usually their is way too much crowd control/AE CC.  PvE primarily (Yes they said they would do some PvP servers and such) mmos seem much more stable and balanced overall usually.

Will probably look this weekend at the stuff they are offering, but I personally loved EQ1 and Vanguard (had brand new high end computer, so I had less problems than most, or it may have been different for me).  
    Kyleran
    New VR video. This time the devs talk about what is going to happen now that Brad is gone. They break down Class Combat Resources, take a deeper dive into a new logo, and do some Q@A. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYMql-KrVOs&feature=youtu.be
    Why do I feel like every time there is a new video that the folks at VR only want to take an hour of my life and dump it on some grand "life experiences midden"?  This one was a bunch of talking heads going on about combat resources, with each class having some out-of-context graphic of these resources being built.  Are they trying to transform this into a totally arcade-like game?  If so, maybe they're positioning themselves to be bought/published through Nintendo.

It was already explained that the game was feature complete, it just needed content.  So, why are we discussing (not demonstrating) class-specific design features?  Are we backing down on that feature complete position, VR?

Gdemami

• TwoTubesTwoTubes Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Faerthal was going to be "feature complete".  Its currently not.  They never meet the goals they set in the given timeline.  
    Wenchesnmead
    edited December 2019
    New gameplay stream of Amberfaet with CohhCarnage

Post edited by Kumapon on
    Amathedelete5230
    Oooooo. The ice, the tunnels, and the ice crawlers remind me of Velketor's Labyrinth. Great times. Two thumbs up!

Kumapon

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited December 2019
    Kumapon said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/520622837
    Missed it I need a time machine apparently.

Wait is this it

Kumaponkitarad
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    Kumapon said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/520622837
    Missed it I need a time machine apparently.

Wait is this it

Hmm weird, usually Twitch keeps it up for a week. Anyways thanks for the link. 

Yes it's the right video.