Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legends of Aria Developers Lay Out Developer Experimental Server Testing Schedule - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageLegends of Aria Developers Lay Out Developer Experimental Server Testing Schedule - MMORPG.com

Legends of Aria's developers are hard at work on new content, and according to a new post on the Aria forums, the developers are planning a few appearances on the Experimental Server for players to test the content with them coming up. Starting on Thursday, October 24th, players can give feed back directly to the developers of LoA on the Experimental server.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    game is dead right now. Changes back to PvP is forcasted and the devs hope to bring ppl back.
    sacredcow4

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    I think this game would be best served creating new mechanics and features while letting folks run their own shards. Just churn out new tools for people to use on their servers and they'll love you for it.
    sacredcow4Temp0
  • sacredcow4sacredcow4 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    UO was dying and losing subs before Tram was released (even though people claim tram killed the game).

I love that style of play, but it wasn't sustainable to a growing population then, it certainly isn't now either.

The appeal of this game was creating our own shards, but they appear to have abandoned that, and they don't have the design foresight to have solved problems that we've had decades to solve. I was really rooting for LoA as well.
    Temp0
     I've been here a while...
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Another almost-dead, crowdfunded MMO that I backed.  Yes, I've learned my lesson.
  • helios212helios212 Member UncommonPosts: 3

Another almost-dead, crowdfunded MMO that I backed.  Yes, I've learned my lesson.

yyou are not alone :(
  • SemielSemiel Member UncommonPosts: 94
    >UO was dying and losing subs before Tram was released (even though people claim tram killed the >game). I love that style of play, but it wasn't sustainable to a growing population then, it certainly isn't >now either.

This is completely false. Not only was there no population decline before Trammel, after Trammel subs increased significantly. UO peaked at AoS expansion, where the game was completely changed and item properties/insurance were introduced. It all went downhill from here...
  • jason523jason523 Member UncommonPosts: 96

Semiel said:

>UO was dying and losing subs before Tram was released (even though people claim tram killed the >game). I love that style of play, but it wasn't sustainable to a growing population then, it certainly isn't >now either.

This is completely false. Not only was there no population decline before Trammel, after Trammel subs increased significantly. UO peaked at AoS expansion, where the game was completely changed and item properties/insurance were introduced. It all went downhill from here...

https://community.crowfall.com/topic/102-gordon-walton-are-you-the-one-who-brought-us-trammel/?do=findComment&comment=1610

You are right about the population increase after Tram and AoS exp.

I think the issue before tram was the new players coming in offset the ones leaving so you didn't visibly see a decline in players. The PvP'ers that went after sheep always had a fresh supply of prey and stuck around during this time. This was a period were there weren't new MMO's releasing and UO being almost the only MMO (of it's type) at the time.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.