Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SuperData September 2019: WoW Classic’s surge is over

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

SuperData’s September 2019 global revenue report on the video game industry is out today, and unlike reports a lot of months, this one’s got a couple of shake-ups.

First, MMO fans are going to notice that World of Warcraft (West) has dropped from third to sixth on the PC revenue charts. No, this has nothing to do with the ongoing Blizzard boycott; we’re unlikely to see any effects from that until at least SuperData’s December report. Instead, we’re simply seeing WoW return to roughly where it was before August’s huge WoW Classic spike, though it was maybe a bit faster than some people expected it to drop. :/

https://massivelyop.com/2019/10/22/superdata-september-2019-wow-classics-surge-is-over-fortnite-sees-worst-month-since-2017/

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Kinda like when a night of bad gas station burritos finally finishes it's painful lap through your intestines, you knew it would have to eventually work it's way out.

[Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Aori said:
    All the servers still feel really healthy to me and that is all I care about.
    Layering tends to do that....
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    Aori said:
    Whitemane still has a queue and multiple layers. It is getting a little harder to find groups for pre-brd dungeons though. You can wait 20-30 minutes for less popular dungeons like ST.
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Why is this in the general forum and not in the WoW subforum ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    Got bored of WoW within 2 months when i tried it during WotLK days, never came back.
    RungarMMOExposed
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    DMKano said:
    Albatroes said:
    Aori said:

At this point I think all layering is gone, maybe a few servers are running 2 layers.
    18 servers were layered last night.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Utinni said:
    DMKano said:
    Albatroes said:
    Aori said:

At this point I think all layering is gone, maybe a few servers are running 2 layers.
    18 servers were layered last night.
    Plenty of servers are layered on EU. Mine is not so it is a little crowded. Getting resources with others around getting them too is annoying. They increased the number of people into a realm limit without considering how much less there were playing in each realm in 2004 and the resources don't scale properly when the realm is crowded. Stupid.
    Chamber of Chains