Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Unchained Bans Over 200 Accounts For Abusing Previous High Gold From World Bosses - MMORPG.

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageArcheAge Unchained Bans Over 200 Accounts For Abusing Previous High Gold From World Bosses - MMORPG.com

ArcheAge Unchained has brought the banhammer down on over 200 users in a news update on their Discord today.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    edited October 2019

"The team is committed to ensuring a level playing field ”

[Deleted User]Rinswind89[Deleted User]alkarionlog
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    no surprise lol
  • sliferzzsliferzz Member UncommonPosts: 5
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO REFUND!
  • PartieplayinPartieplayin Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Good now ban the rest of the exploiters. If you have to cheat to win then find something else to do .
    Jensyn[Deleted User]ThaneTokkenTuor7
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    The best part about this is this thread I was reading over on reddit yesterday where all these people were like "no way people get banned for this". Some people were so sure and those are probably several of the folks who are now gone.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    While I am hard on Gamigo I always give publisher's credit when they ban cheaters, regardless of perceived intent or questions of effectiveness.

So they get a rare thumbs up and I hope such efforts continue.
    ScotScellownecrolockcheebaQuarterStackTuor7Jensyn

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    The game has been out for a week and already has to ban jerk offs. Staying far away from this mess.
    TheJodacheebaAegrin56
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    Hariken said:
    The game has been out for a week and already has to ban jerk offs. Staying far away from this mess.

Better not play any mmo then. Cause this crap happens in literally every mmo that has ever existed.
    Kylerangastovski1Rennisa[Deleted User]mcrippinsScellowcheebaQuarterStackTuor7Billa2720
  • Krynt0kKrynt0k Member UncommonPosts: 256
    I'm very happy about the bans. Only time I actually noticed people get banned
    Unbino
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I just refunded Cities Skyline which was an impulse buy and won't really want to play it. So I could spend on Archeage when things clear a bit or perhaps in November. 
    alkarionlogPartieplayin
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,267

DMKano said:

Yep only a bit over 200 players exploited bosses for gold.

Thanks Gamigo for getting every single exploiter.

Lol

Good grief... does your crying ever stop? First you cried on another post that the bans were only temporary. Now that you find out they are permanent you cry about how many were banned.

You have re-earned the title of the most ignorant troll. Congratulations.
    UnbinocheebaalkarionlogBorluc
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    If they banned all the bots and cheaters would there be any players left?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    edited October 2019

They are unbanning streamers already if you dont know the latest news. They banned them, just to unban them 2 hours later. 

They have now gone through and unbanned a good majority of the players that they banned. These players have now taken to Discord and are openly mocking Gamingo for not banning them and not understanding the game. Its a pretty big shitshow.

[Deleted User]necrolockalkarionlog
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'll just leave this here....
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited October 2019
    I guess they are okay with all the hackers who teleported around and claimed land too lol. The game is done for without having a reputable North American publisher with full rights.
    alkarionlog
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,267
    DMKano said:
    Renoaku said:
    I guess they are okay with all the hackers who teleported around and claimed land too lol. The game is done for without having a reputable North American publisher with full rights.

As I've said countless times before the launch - Gamigo has no staff nor experience to host ArcheAge successfully. 

But some just kept saying- oh good to see ArcheAge in good hands and give them a chance.

People STILL dont see how inept they are....

"If I speak at one constant volume
    At one constant pitch
    At one constant rhythm right into your ear, you still won't hear"

So they ban people, then some guy comes on here and said he heard other people somewhere else say they unbanned people, and you believe them without a second though because it fits your cryfest narrative and lets you feel justified in saying "I told you so". Maybe some people successfully appealed the ban. Maybe some duped the system and got away with it. Things like this happen in every game. This game isn't special in its badness because it happened here.

And did anyone ever say AA was in "good hands"?

Once again, an AA article completely derailed by the village idiots.
    cheebaalkarionlogBitSane
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    ok... they ban 200 but if you read closely ; "those who heavely abusing this exploit"
    for normal abuse, no ban so you can find in game now ppl with high end gear only ONE week after release!
    THIS IS a big JOKE
    i asked for refund but i think i just throw money in a stupid faith in them
    in one month, it will be empty cause mmore than half of my server is already l55 and high gear.
    all others things in game like craft etc are nearly nonsense as they give you a pack of gear at start to upgrade, the loot are just crap etc

i'm really pissed off
    SoybeanLexTalionDragonJockeyalkarionlog
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    You shouldn't get banned for playing the game if the developers did it, and you technically never read the news then how do  you know its an exploit :3.

Devs should just do a better job and these things wouldn't happen.
    SoybeanMikeJezZcheebaTuor7alkarionlog
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    DMKano said:
    Renoaku said:

As I've said countless times before the launch - Gamigo has no staff nor experience to host ArcheAge successfully. 

But some just kept saying- oh good to see ArcheAge in good hands and give them a chance.

At one constant pitch

So they ban people, then some guy comes on here and said he heard other people somewhere else say they unbanned people, and you believe them without a second though because it fits your cryfest narrative and lets you feel justified in saying "I told you so". Maybe some people successfully appealed the ban. Maybe some duped the system and got away with it. Things like this happen in every game. This game isn't special in its badness because it happened here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/dlqmut/the_unbans_show_that_the_bans_had_0_substance_and/
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2019
    yonpachi said:
    DMKano said:
    Renoaku said:

At one constant pitch

https://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/dlqmut/the_unbans_show_that_the_bans_had_0_substance_and/
    The biggest take away from that is the people unbanned get to keep the stuff /smh. Besides 200~ seems considerably low given how long its been going on, especially when you supposedly have thousands in game/queue/what have you.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]alkarionlog
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    DMKano said:
    Yep only a bit over 200 players exploited bosses for gold.

Thanks Gamigo for getting every single exploiter.

Lol
    This doesn't affect you. You don't play remember?
    alkarionlog
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    DMKano said:

AA has been out for years- and they have relaunched it how many times now???

YOU were the guy on this site trying to get people to play all those previous Trion launches that you now decry. In what universe is it normal behavior to promote a product(everything Trion)with the ferocity that you did then 1+ years later pretend like it wasn't you who was pitching every AA relaunch like it was god's sweet nectar. You told us Trion was doing well for years when they were in fact failing/going bankrupt so why should we trust anything you say ever again?

PR stunt or not the truth of THIS relaunch is that it's a success even with the exploits and bans. The game succeeding is a GOOD thing for MMO's cause it shows that the genre is not quite dead yet like YOU have said in the past on THIS site.
  • numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670
    edited October 2019
    It was a PR move. They wanted to make it look like they were doing something. Then went around unbanning everyone. Huge known, admitted exploiters especially streamers, were unbanned. These people blatantly said in chat that they were abusing the bug. I've watched it myself. They need to revise this article to read "Gamigo loses backbone, unbans exploiters. 
    LexTalionDragonJockeyalkarionlog
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    hyllyh said:
    ok... they ban 200 but if you read closely ; "those who heavely abusing this exploit"
    for normal abuse, no ban so you can find in game now ppl with high end gear only ONE week after release!
    THIS IS a big JOKE
    i asked for refund but i think i just throw money in a stupid faith in them
    in one month, it will be empty cause mmore than half of my server is already l55 and high gear.
    all others things in game like craft etc are nearly nonsense as they give you a pack of gear at start to upgrade, the loot are just crap etc

i'm really pissed off

Don't say DMkano didnt warn you. He has basically been frothing at the mouth saying this same exact thing since news broke out of the b2p server.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited October 2019
    Xatsh said:
    Hariken said:

Better not play any mmo then. Cause this crap happens in literally every mmo that has ever existed.
    well, talk for yourself i'd say, never exploited in an mmo, and i don't plan on doing it any time soon

cheats and co are for single player games (or games with your friends where everyone agrees on it ^^)
    TacticalZombehalkarionlog

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"