Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I tried archeage until lvl 35 and got oneshotted in pvp

davchadavcha Member UncommonPosts: 130
Repeatedly. why is this kind of "gameplay" still a thing in 2019 ?

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    davcha said:
    Are you attacking reds or using any kind of aoe debuff when you're near guards? It could be the guards that are 1 shotting you. Having your battle pet on aggressive can cause that too.
    Jensyn
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I love the title of this thread. Bummer mate.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    I have a question for you.  Why do people purchase games that are known to be pvp centric and then complain when they encounter pvp?
  • davchadavcha Member UncommonPosts: 130
    moshra said:
    I have a question for you.  Why do people purchase games that are known to be pvp centric and then complain when they encounter pvp?
    well... PvE isn't pvp centric. If you want examples of really pvp centric game : rocket league, hearthstone, any moba... things like that are pvp centric.

But when you're facing an opponent in a mmorpg who is outleveling you in a such way that you stand no chance... It's not pvp. It's not "player vs player" it's oneshotting.

So, I have another question for you : why do people complain about a badly balanced and poorly designed part of any game ? Hint : the answer is in the question.

davcha said:
    Are you attacking reds or using any kind of aoe debuff when you're near guards? It could be the guards that are 1 shotting you. Having your battle pet on aggressive can cause that too.
    Actually I have found the problem. quests led me into a zone where a war was going on. Kinda stupid imo.
    Mikeha
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Waiting for the obligatory "GiT GuD" comment.
    Kyleran
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    1v1 in an MMORPG didn't work again? Who would have thought it.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    You know what would make pvp more interesting? is if you scaled to the player you attacked.
    Kyleran
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    davcha said:
    moshra said:
    well... PvE isn't pvp centric. If you want examples of really pvp centric game : rocket league, hearthstone, any moba... things like that are pvp centric.

But when you're facing an opponent in a mmorpg who is outleveling you in a such way that you stand no chance... It's not pvp. It's not "player vs player" it's oneshotting.

So, I have another question for you : why do people complain about a badly balanced and poorly designed part of any game ? Hint : the answer is in the question.

Sorry man, I'm on his side.

The game is set up as it is. That's it. There are people who like these games. Same thing in Lineage 2. You would often find yourself facing people who madly leveled. You would then madly level yourself. That was the idea.

I was one-shotted a lot in L2. I then leveled with the idea that I didn't want that and lo and behold, I did a LOT better. Of course, it was mostly a guild game so it had more clan vs clan and alliance vs alliance.

You don't' like it? Great. No reason you should. But you should know that going in and find games that actually have rulesets that you can get on board with.

Archeage has pvp and pve. And you have to contend with both I suppose.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Yikes forever
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    First time playing an open world pvp mmo?
    Kyleran
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    No big difference from the old game once you reach lvl 35.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited October 2019
    Mikeha said:
    First time playing an open world pvp mmo?
    Well he might have been expecting a "modern" MMORPG released in this day and age would have been designed away from such an imbalanced PVP design.

Someone should have let him know it's a 10 year or so old game being released yet again in a new skin.

More the fool him I guess.

:D

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    edited October 2019
    Did you play unchanied or free server ? IDK about unchanied power gap but in F2P server is in worst stage , if you get one shot in f2p legacy then it's normal .

But if you play unchanied then it's a bad sign that unchanied don't last for long .