Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Unchained Review in Progress: Drowning in Queues - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• PurplePepePurplePepe Member UncommonPosts: 122

Bonejoker said:

is there any signal of p2w?

Not at all.

Also I think the way Emily is approaching this review process is quite fair. Really good work.
    KyleranJensynlotrlorecheebaalkarionlog
  • Dr_BinksDr_Binks Member UncommonPosts: 271
    It's just amazing how peep bash a game they are not even trying to play. Yes the Qs suck but they have added new servers and having Qs show that people WANT to play this game. Every time I log in the server is full and I run into peeps all the time I'd have to say thats a good thing!!
    Jensyn
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited October 2019
    Dailies,lol,do developers think for even one moment or just copy the same old same old game after game?

PVp in a mmorpg,again lol,do devs AND people think at all,it does NOT WORK and likely NEVER will because these games are nothing more than avenues to turn profits.The studios/businesses behind them do not understand what a rpg is ,what mmo means and how to design the game for it ,all they see is MMO=CASH SHOP.
    cheeba

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited October 2019
    Wrong topic
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I'm actually tempted to buy into this game. Seems pretty interesting. 

I also don't care about P2W . . . .because I can afford it if I wanted to. I'm just time-2-win limited. 

Cryomatrix
    I like that "time-2-win". It might catch on.
    alkarionlog
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    The queues are really bad but it was to be expected. Go back and look at any article leading up to the release and you will see the comments/feedback were all like 80% negative. Based on that alone and all of the people claiming they weren't going to play assuming it would go p2w eventually, they could have never expected the population to be so high. The "hype" going into the release was actually more like negative hype.
    Welcome to the forums! :)
  • Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Am already thinking of quiting because:

1. 1 person can have 3 accounts, imagine 12x 16x16 farms and 1 house. These ppl will get so rich it is crazy, which will make price of items little expensive.
    2. ArchPass thing, ppl who abuse it got banned BUT gold is in economy, only logical solution is to do rollback which they wont do.
    3. Dailys.... game is grindfest.... tons of dailys, your farm, world bosses, party for farming etc just things to improve your char require tons of time and its not included time for you to actually enjoy in pvp, exploring game, finding illegal farms etc etc...
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Haki88 said:

1. 1 person can have 3 accounts, imagine 12x 16x16 farms and 1 house. These ppl will get so rich it is crazy, which will make price of items little expensive.
    2. ArchPass thing, ppl who abuse it got banned BUT gold is in economy, only logical solution is to do rollback which they wont do.
    3. Dailys.... game is grindfest.... tons of dailys, your farm, world bosses, party for farming etc just things to improve your char require tons of time and its not included time for you to actually enjoy in pvp, exploring game, finding illegal farms etc etc...
    1, is there a game where you can't have more than 1 account? Any and every game will have that problem. If you are thinking that you will go to a game that enforces players not having multiple accounts I'm afraid you will be hard pressed to find one.

2, no opinion

3, Most games have Dailys, grinding world bosses or instances. Again, most mmorpg's are based on some sort of repetition. World of warcraft has dailies. Lord of the Rings Online has content you can do over and over and over again.

It's up to the player to sometimes take control of how they play these games and not just log in, do what they think is expected of them and log off. 
    ultimateduck
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited October 2019
    DMKano said:

The grindfest is there to monetize the archepass for multi-account players. 

Doubt it. Who wants to pay for cosmetics on anything other than their main account? All the useful stuff on the pass is free. Also, how does making the 3 passes harder to complete help them sell more premium passes? It has the reverse effect. People that won't be able to play enough to complete them all will not buy 3 premium passes.

I know, I know.. P2W is apparently coming.. but assuming it doesn't.

I mean, any sensible person finishes the pass track first and then buys the premium to get the cosmetics since the rewards are retroactive.
    alkarionlogcheeba
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    DMKano said:
    Haki88 said:

The bans are temporary for any high spender account.

They managed to reduce the freedom ArcheAge had into a monetized boring grindfest - I mean if this is not proof how Gamigo and XL have zero vision other than $$$ - I dont know what to tell you

The motivation is clearly not to make a fair and fun version of ArcheAge, but yet another way to just sucker players for cash
    you know the funny thing?

its not even new, everything is happening now did happen before, so in the regard I gave a monthor less for gifting get back, with was the time it did take for labor pots make a comeback
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    I see the same people not playing this game still feel the need to pop in and spread their fear based ignorant opinions.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    DMKano said:
    Haki88 said:

The bans are temporary for any high spender account.

They managed to reduce the freedom ArcheAge had into a monetized boring grindfest - I mean if this is not proof how Gamigo and XL have zero vision other than $$$ - I dont know what to tell you

The motivation is clearly not to make a fair and fun version of ArcheAge, but yet another way to just sucker players for cash
    you know the funny thing?

its not even new, everything is happening now did happen before, so in the regard I gave a monthor less for gifting get back, with was the time it did take for labor pots make a comeback
    I think I saw you rubbing up against a tree earlier in-game. It looked like you didn't know how to chop it down. Mate, I've told you, if you need to know anything about the game you can just ask me. I'll help you out.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TalraekkTalraekk Member UncommonPosts: 260
    So far I'm enjoying it. My only real complaint is gear. I had to look up a guide on it, and can already tell it's going to be too much for my mother to handle so I'll have to constantly be messing with her gear as well. No where near new player friendly.
    Jensyn
  • FrykkaFrykka Member UncommonPosts: 154
    I enjoyed the AA Beta and the first six months until horrible lag killed the Castle capture and then APEX killed the game.   I got suckered another $26 thinking I could relive some good times with old guildmates...   nope...  day 1 queued until the server the guild chose was character locked, day 2 charcter lock, day three character lock, day four character lock and land rush.   Character lock is finally off but the queues are over and hour and there is little point.  Take my $26 and never call me again Trion/Glyph.
  • RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    well I played the game to lv 35 mage type character. Didnt have any queues or any other problems and its not a bad game.  The controls are weak and i cant position the camera the way i like it.  i prefer controller but its not the best for this game. 

I liked the glider, horse, rowboat and battle pets and the skill system was interesting. I enjoyed the chat trials. Graphics were decent, combat was ok. 

Quests were really bad kill 8 of this style fare and the equipment system seemed pretty poor since you just upgrade what you start with.

tradeskills seemed pretty complex but didnt really get into them. 

ill likely pick at it   
    ultimateduck
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Wizardry said:
    Dailies,lol,do developers think for even one moment or just copy the same old same old game after game?

PVp in a mmorpg,again lol,do devs AND people think at all,it does NOT WORK and likely NEVER will because these games are nothing more than avenues to turn profits.The studios/businesses behind them do not understand what a rpg is ,what mmo means and how to design the game for it ,all they see is MMO=CASH SHOP.
    So what you are saying is businesses are trying to make money?  What a crazy concept.  You should start a business where you spend all your time working and not charge anyone for it, because reasons....
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Frykka said:
    I enjoyed the AA Beta and the first six months until horrible lag killed the Castle capture and then APEX killed the game.   I got suckered another $26 thinking I could relive some good times with old guildmates...   nope...  day 1 queued until the server the guild chose was character locked, day 2 charcter lock, day three character lock, day four character lock and land rush.   Character lock is finally off but the queues are over and hour and there is little point.  Take my $26 and never call me again Trion/Glyph.
    didn't you realize there would be long queues?

Every hyped up game like this with a few servers would get queues, hell WoW classic does, Path of Exile has them when the new server opens. 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations.