Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ship of Heroes Team Unveils a New Travel Power Called Superspeed - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageShip of Heroes Team Unveils a New Travel Power Called Superspeed - MMORPG.com

The Ship of Heroes team has published a new video to showcase a new travel power called Superspeed. This travel power is, according to devs, faster than flight, though it "is balanced by the need to go around obstacles". When SoH launches, a third travel power will also be included, teleportation.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

GladDog

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Nice landing but not sure every super looks like the Hulk when jumping.
    GladDog
  • Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Super Speed looks pretty good. Now they just need to fix the arm movement in the regular sprint animation.
    SaltyDog79GladDog

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• coleman11bcoleman11b Member UncommonPosts: 76
    The whole game looks like a bad City of Heroes.
    Rinswind89HarikenAshikuroWhiskeydustCaptFabulousNildenEponyxDamorSpriggen1337VexiusxLucixand 1 other.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I like it!
    GladDogScotBlaze_Rocker

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Jaguaratron1Jaguaratron1 Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Ugh, superspeed? more like constipation jump, the landing looks good but completely out of place to the clunky jumping. Also whats with all the "duck" arms? Is there a armpit power which causes arms to jut out like that....
    WhiskeydustLucix
  • SaltyDog79SaltyDog79 Member UncommonPosts: 119

Super Speed looks pretty good. Now they just need to fix the arm movement in the regular sprint animation.

This is exactly what I thought too. The stiff jumping animation was also a little odd looking.
    Blaze_Rocker
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    I wish one of these superhero games would come out already.......

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Character Creator Tool should be out in August (decided to delay to get a few more outfits finished) and the Invasion event should follow soon after, using the same characters made in the CCT test.
    Blaze_Rocker

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I've talked with Consultant and the Super Jump animation is VERY preliminary.  This travel mode may not be done before the game releases.  The dev team knows they have work to do on sprinting and Super Speed, but they wanted to show everyone that getting Super Speed done is very much in process.
    Blaze_RockerScot[Deleted User]

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    this game build around hype of COH, now every one is hyped for this game because of COH, are now IN COH . this game can RIP

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    The good first. The character model was ok.

Everything else... the textures, the animations, the jumping, the sounds, the actual power usage...

City of Heroes has better looking dirt. Also I was messing around one day by the PI ferry and your footsteps make different sounds based on sand, road, dirt, and the top of the ferry which was metal. The jump animation has 2-3 parts, one for on the way up, a flip at the peak for ninja run and then a downward animation that makes it look a lot better. It's also a lot less floaty. The super hero landing looked really out of place every time you landed as well.

As far as superspeed it was nice to see the different animations but then why not just have path auras. Also why not embrace the coolness of superspeed and have them run on water or run up buildings.

Long, long way to go if I'm going to play this over City of Heroes.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    the super speed landing should be a roll forawrd to keep momentum not that fudgy PoS, but games gonna be bad anyways since its tab targetted
  • LucixLucix Member UncommonPosts: 79
    How can anyone be seriously interested after seeing this, in this day and age?
    No offence obviously, but this is like pre-pre-pre-pre alpha stuff, I cannot even judge something like this.

I'll wait for a year, see where it goes.

I disagree on a great many things with SoH and its developers. Many people have valid points with their criticisms and I couldn't agree with them more on certain points. I've disagreed with the story/plot/setting from day one. That hasn't changed and it never will.

This isn't my preferred successor to City of Heroes and I hope that one day a proper one will come around and I can experience it, but despite my feelings that would seem to push me away I stay with their community. The Ship of Heroes community is incredibly positive. The developers listen to suggestions that fit with what they have and continue to build. On their forums I ignore topics I have no opinion for and on others I try to offer constructive criticism and suggestions that affect their builds. What I have to offer is welcomed more often than not and we all get along pretty well.

To those that call this game vaporware ... you really should reconsider that label. Before I ended up with SoH I literally came from a project that fits your idea of vaporware. A couple of months to pull off one feature?!? Try several years and counting. cough http://www.heroes-and-villains.com cough  The project I once supported remains nothing but talk, quickly cranked out 3D models, concept stills, animation test videos that are years old and a Facebook following that is just now starting to wake up to see the leash of hope that they're being lead around by.

Ship of Heroes actually shows progress that they want you to see and they aren't begging for your money before they show it off. Despite my many disagreements, the people at Heroic Games Corp had an idea and a direction and they have shown that they are committed to it time and again. My very first donation to a game project was to them and even when I see their slower than desired progress I still believe that the game will launch to the public.

There are other CoH successor projects out there but after looking them over I believe I'm backing the right one. Only time will tell just what becomes of HGC and Ship of Heroes.

[Deleted User]GladDog

razor247 said:
    Still looks like the 80s. Stop making videos your game looks like garbage. There are Unity assets that looks 1000x better than this garbage.

If you think this looks like 80s graphics then you need to stop snorting bath salts.

On second thought, it's probably already too late for that. Why don't you do us all a favor and snort a few more ounces. The boards will be a lot better without your negativity to bring us down.