Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

base expanding help

AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
I just started a new game on my xbox. I cant seem to get the base building quest going I go to a space station and it does not let me do anything with the three npcs.
any help would be great
@Grunty

Comments

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    I guess I have to get a construction terminal first from doing another quest. I am so confused with all the different updates there is a lot of info that just is not correct anymore

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    construction terminal starts the base expansion quest
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    Elsabolts said:
    construction terminal starts the base expansion quest

I did some research after your reply  it looks like in order to get the construction terminal I have to do some story quests first. Thanks for the help.
    is there a site you would recommend with info?

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Abimor said:
    I guess I have to get a construction terminal first from doing another quest. I am so confused with all the different updates there is a lot of info that just is not correct anymore

At least on the PC, you absolutely have to start by installing a construction Terminal and hiring the NPC in the space station.  To do this, you'll also need quite a few of the prefabricated metal construction technologies, not the wooden, metal or concrete ones.  All of those are dependent on Salvaged data, so expect to spend some time looking for buried items.  Once you get the first hired NPC, it should issue another stream of quests to build/populate your base.

You can also forget all this nonsense and get all the wooden construction technologies and build your base your own (low-tech) way.  Just don't expect to be able install all those fancy advanced machines until you follow the predetermined path.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:
    Abimor said:

At least on the PC, you absolutely have to start by installing a construction Terminal and hiring the NPC in the space station.  To do this, you'll also need quite a few of the prefabricated metal construction technologies, not the wooden, metal or concrete ones.  All of those are dependent on Salvaged data, so expect to spend some time looking for buried items.  Once you get the first hired NPC, it should issue another stream of quests to build/populate your base.

You can also forget all this nonsense and get all the wooden construction technologies and build your base your own (low-tech) way.  Just don't expect to be able install all those fancy advanced machines until you follow the predetermined path.

Thanks for the info I found a wiki site that walked me through the predetermined path so at least now i know the steps to follow.  Really enjoying the game again even with all the changes. 
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Abimor said:
    Mendel said:
    Abimor said:

Thanks for the info I found a wiki site that walked me through the predetermined path so at least now i know the steps to follow.  Really enjoying the game again even with all the changes. 
    NMS is pretty good, even if the 1890s wiring for my base jars every immersion nerve I have.  I restarted with 2.0 (my older 1.n saves wouldn't load), and wasted pretty much every Salvaged Data that I've ran across.  I really like my wooden outpost with an included cave.  But, I'll need a massive hunt for more Salvaged Data in order to do the quests that it wants to shove at me.  I like to pretend I have a life.  I don't really, but I like to pretend.  :)

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    if I remember right you need the terminal, you get by that part by doing the main quest line, also don't worry too much about the base, I bet eventually you will prefer the frigate as a mobile base anyway, and I belive they fixed the bugs related on base construction, so it shouldn't be much problem
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited October 2019
    Any good videos on this construction part of the game?

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    Mendel said:
    Abimor said:
    Mendel said:
    Abimor said:

NMS is pretty good, even if the 1890s wiring for my base jars every immersion nerve I have.  I restarted with 2.0 (my older 1.n saves wouldn't load), and wasted pretty much every Salvaged Data that I've ran across.  I really like my wooden outpost with an included cave.  But, I'll need a massive hunt for more Salvaged Data in order to do the quests that it wants to shove at me.  I like to pretend I have a life.  I don't really, but I like to pretend.  :)

Ya my first save wouldnt load either.
     I actually got locked in a room last night and had to load a save from about thirty minutes earlier. I built a circle room then put a door in it walked in and got locked in, deleted the door and that just left me in a room with no exits then I tried to delete the room with no luck. my solution for this problem was to buy the force field doorways. The wiring is really funny I wish it would disappear  when not in build mode. Going on about 20 hours now since Saturday.