Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My impressions of Classic so far

13»

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Tauren females make the funniest noises.
    Well you know what those cowgirls are like. :)
  • fyehu43fyehu43 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Tauren females make the funniest noises.
    I legitimately don't know what sound they make. I never play with the sound On...
    Remali

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    cheyane said:

I'm so tempted to make a Troll Hunter just to make the dangerous trudge to Teldrassil to get the Strigid Owl for the heck of it. I mean why not just do everything you can to make the experience interesting. If not for the bow bonus I would make her use a gun even and  take engineering to boot like my Paladin. 
    Or make a Night Elf hunter and make him get Ressan the Needler. Not only you get a very rare pet, but flyers are the best leveling/farming pets because of their AOE agro.
    OH now there's an idea!
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
    Torval said:
    cheyane said:
    cheyane said:

I'm so tempted to make a Troll Hunter just to make the dangerous trudge to Teldrassil to get the Strigid Owl for the heck of it. I mean why not just do everything you can to make the experience interesting. If not for the bow bonus I would make her use a gun even and  take engineering to boot like my Paladin. 
    Or make a Night Elf hunter and make him get Ressan the Needler. Not only you get a very rare pet, but flyers are the best leveling/farming pets because of their AOE agro.
    OH now there's an idea!
    Nice new avatar pic.
    Paint.net ftw it is so easy to use even a crappy creator like me can do some stuff with the screenshots
    [Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    cheyane said:
    Torval said:
    cheyane said:
    cheyane said:

OH now there's an idea!
    Nice new avatar pic.
    Paint.net ftw it is so easy to use even a crappy creator like me can do some stuff with the screenshots
    Looks good, are you sticking with that one then? Just asking for a friend. :)
    [Deleted User]cheyane
  • fyehu43fyehu43 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    cheyane said:

Although I encourage you to play anything you want. Keep in mind tauren have extra hp which is great while leveling, which is really good.

• H3liconH3licon Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    Is it just me or they really made Classic easier than it is on pirate servers?
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    H3licon said:
    If you leveled up early before major content patches like BWL, it's going to be easier for sure to the point some classes make it seem like a joke. Not sure what patch it was 2.0.1 or 1.12 that nerfed raiding content by 30%, but if that's in the game then even pugs will be doing most raids.
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    H3licon said:
    I think Pservers made it harder than Vanilla.
    Classic is the real deal.

Personally I like Pserver difficulty more.
    None of that Spellcleave shit. I hate it.
    Remali
    edited October 2019
    Update: I broke all my promises. I dumped the Paladin and Alliance Hunter. Went all HORDE. Made a Tauren Druid which is my main now and I love it in spite of the awful milk jokes then my Troll Shaman which is my avatar and believe or not, an Orc Rogue. The Orc warlock is on hiatus I may play her later.

I think the rogue is quintessentially what roleplaying is like in an MMORPG .The poison quest the way you stealth up and pickpocket and then backstab is so much fun. I don't PvP but when they introduce the BGs I am going to try my luck at it with the Druid, Shaman and Rogue. I have never actually played one before but may be long last after all these years in this genre my tastes are changing. Although I am best at playing a healer I like the rogue to bits. Plus I have the funkiest hairdo on her.

I had a Troll hunter who I even took the Zeppelin to Grom Gol to get to Westfall to get the screech from the Carrion Bird there and I took engineering even for guns but I lost interest in her after awhile. Could be because the fighting on the Hunter is simply too easy. I may go back to her after getting the other three to 40+.

So far still enjoying the game. I think the way the game plays, the pace, allows you to really appreciate the music, art and environments to their fullest and the community is helpful and patient. Few bad hats but this is a normal RP server so you don't get too many badly behaved players.
    kitarad
    Chamber of Chains
  • AxxarAxxar Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Love that the dungeons are difficult again. You can get really punished when you mess up in the end game dungeons. UBRS for some reason stands out as being easier than the others, except for perhaps the dog boss and Drakkisath. But Scholo and Dire Maul North and West in particular are pretty dope.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    "Funkiest hairdo" which one is that ? 

kitarad said:
    "Funkiest hairdo" which one is that ? 

Chamber of Chains
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Two months in and 80% of Servers are High, 10% Full and 10% Medium at peak times.

It doesn’t look like is nostalgia.
    I met many ‘new’ vanilla players and they are all loving it.
    Everything you achieve is so meaningful compared to retail where items and achievements rain on you like there’s no tomorrow.
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    i have to say that for me it was definitely nostalgia that brought me back. that nostalgia did wear out in about a month and i decided to cancel my sub but mostly because i just don't want to pay the monthly fee. 
    however, i must say that it was very refreshing to play Vanilla. no over-complicated, convoluted skills with a page-long explanation. defined class role (things that only your class can do). a distinct challenge in both mob difficulty and leveling (having to watch what your pulls and saving your mana). people walking around in world, making it seem alive and vibrant. good old fashioned interactions to find a group with people ACTUALLY wanting to group and finish the dungeon. the general slower paced combat. real, and spontaneous world pvp. 

it is astounding to me that in 2019 just about all mmos out there still pale in comparison to good old fun of vanilla WoW. we have gone leaps and bounds in graphic details, but haven't been able to even replicate the simple, fun, engrossing and satisfying mechanics of a 15 year old game. 
  • AxxarAxxar Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Biggest issue with Classic is the layering. On EU most Realms still have two layers, and each layer by itself has way too many players so everywhere you are waiting for mobs to respawn.

They are too slow at adding new Realms to transfer to. They are supposed to remove layers before Phase 2, but how can they merge two layers when each layer already has twice as many players as the game can handle?
    mgilbrtsnkitarad
    edited October 2019
    Axxar said:
    Biggest issue with Classic is the layering. On EU most Realms still have two layers, and each layer by itself has way too many players so everywhere you are waiting for mobs to respawn.

They are too slow at adding new Realms to transfer to. They are supposed to remove layers before Phase 2, but how can they merge two layers when each layer already has twice as many players as the game can handle?
    Yeah this is awfully annoying. I  too think the realms are far too crowded even when they say medium. Hate to think what high is like. Every mining node is gone as soon as it pops on the map.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Axxar said:

I imagine they are expecting a big drop off at some point and don't want alot of empty servers.
    Octagon7711
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    I enjoyed reliving my druid on classic..

but my problem for long term engagement?
    its going no where new, you know exactly what there is to come
    this takes away much of the excitement for me.

the question is, what will be there after classic?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

edited November 2019
    "Over at Blizzard, World of Warcraft Classic has, since its August release, drove the largest quarterly increase in World of Warcraft subscriptions in the franchise’s 15 year lifetime."

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/353605/CoD_and_WoW_push_Activision_Blizzard_to_betterthanexpected_Q3.php

Now there's a statistic that makes you think.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    kitarad said:
    "Over at Blizzard, World of Warcraft Classic has, since its August release, drove the largest quarterly increase in World of Warcraft subscriptions in the franchise’s 15 year lifetime."

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/353605/CoD_and_WoW_push_Activision_Blizzard_to_betterthanexpected_Q3.php

Now there's a statistic that makes you think.

They must try to figure out how they can Make that peak into something longlasting fast..
    problem is classic isnt going anywhere

there answer will be shadowlands..
    but will it be enoigh?
    and willit be in time?

Blizzard has been lazy..
    for the last decade they havent been able to find out why new players dont make it any futher then lvl10 in their main game?   Go figure out..
    Gdemami

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)