Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you playing Lost Ark on the 27th?

MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,760
This is the MMO that has been hovering my head for the past 5 years. This game is not the typical thing, it's a quite high-quality game that best points fall on its gameplay such as combat or player progression & content, which makes it a rare MMO from KR that is not the usual copy/pasted thing. The feature-set of Lost Ark pushes it beyond APRG and more MMO like, more than say a game like PoE.

So Russia is open beta for everyone on the 27th, the English patch is going to be worked on to release asap with it and unlike KR difficulties playing due to lag or extreme account validation and revalidations, make this version far more viable for anyone who wants to play.

Anyone around is going to be trying it out with the RU version in a few days?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    Gaming on Russian servers just isn't something I do, I'll wait until there's a western release and give it a look then.
    acidbloodTokkenSabracTuor7

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,760
    Kyleran said:
    Gaming on Russian servers just isn't something I do, I'll wait until there's a western release and give it a look then.
    In Korea is much more challenging without any edgy stuff to play on Russian servers is good for me, the west release is still anyone's guess my worry is the publisher choice because on the west the mainstream publishers are quite infamous hmm
    edited October 2019
    DMKano said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Kyleran said:
    In Korea is much more challenging without any edgy stuff to play on Russian servers is good for me, the west release is still anyone's guess my worry is the publisher choice because on the west the mainstream publishers are quite infamous hmm

Not sure this will even release in the west at this point.

They did announce they want to bring it to the west, but seem to have been focusing on the actual game development since OBT.

People talk SmileGate can just publish themselves on EU/NA, at the sort of what happened with Black Desert Online, but no info.

Smilegate also has an EU/NA division http://www.z8games.com/ that brought Crossfire, but anyone's guess if it will be it, or if it will be my.com that is who is working with the Russian version now, My is global publisher so wouldn't see a reason not to.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Nope.  Same reason I don't invest more than enough time to get an impression of a game until there's no more wipes....can't stand progress reset.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I went to a decent amount of trouble to be able to play it on the Korean servers a long time back and I liked what I played.

Monetization is key though for us. It'll either make it or break it. If we ever get it...
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Nope.  Same reason I don't invest more than enough time to get an impression of a game until there's no more wipes....can't stand progress reset.
    This open beta is already considered soft launch, the game will not face wipes, I think RU will be like that as well. Thing is if you play on RU for now as there is no English version yet, your progress is locked to the RU version.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I will be playing. Enjoyed the demo. 
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    I will try it when/if it comes to eu but im not playing on the Russian servers
  • hackerzizonhackerzizon Newbie CommonPosts: 11
    edited October 2019
    well there is unofficial patch for it so at least you can try but some features actually changed in RU version

KR vs RU features
    https://ahnbyungchan.blogspot.com/2019/10/lost-ark-guide-lost-ark-russia-features.html
    ahnbyungchan twitch