Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Bi-Weekly Video Newsletters - starting 10/23 6 PM PDT

Raidan_EQRaidan_EQ Member UncommonPosts: 247
In case anyone missed it...

New announcement from Roenick (Dev) today on official forums:

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/11184/introducing-our-all-new-bi-weekly-video-newsletters

Bi-weekly (Every two weeks) video newsletters will be presented on Twitch - @ twitch.tv/visionaryrealms

First newsletter topics:  Racial innates, spriggans, burning questions

All previous Twitch streams were posted to Youtube shortly after - I’d assume this will be as well.
Kumapon[Deleted User]

Comments

• BazgrimTVBazgrimTV Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Roenick confirmed on the forums that they would be posted on YouTube afterwards - both in full episodes and also in shorter clips for each topic. Looking forward to it!
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Burning question for me is if shaman still has two archetypes they can be. I remember a while back one was supposed to be more pet based support(beastlord eq) and the other the classic debuff/buffer with healers (shaman eq). As a fan of both would be cool to know if they are both making it into the game. 
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Let's see what VR does with these.  Details, hard information, examples, etc.  Alternatively, we could petition the mods here to merge this thread with the Repetition: Boring? thread.  (VR's prior videos have had quite the snooze factor to them -- without new information, I'm afraid these will be more of the same).

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    What i wish ONE,like one developer gives us something useful.

When we do finally get more than pandering adverts/endorsements on games,like actual gameplay,it is poorly done.

When we were getting those in game videos,the people were trying too hard to WIN,playing too serious almost like forgetting the audience.
    I do not want to watch a video of 6 people running a dungeon,i want a video of idk maybe 2 people running through describing what is going on,why certain actions are taken,like give us a real good in depth idea of what is going on during game play.

Like seriously,what is a newsletter going to do?I have seen a million newsletters/videos from Star Citizen and still nothing much ado about nothing.I guess what i am saying is that devs need to understand how to better sell their game than relying on website partnerships and streamer partnerships to BS us all day n night.

Another example,why do i care what classes there are,i need to know how they operate in game,is combat risky or too easy,how does hate work,again too easy or is there a fine line.I always hear about CC ,i want to see it and hear about in game so i can see if it is too cheesy,too easy,dumbs down the risk etc etc.I want to see how tough it is to manage the mana for the mages,is it all nothing more than a WOw like combat ,mash a few buttons and easy peasy.

What i am getting at is 3 months later,and i will have nothing more than i do now on the possibilities this game has at reaching playable heights.

MendelRaidan_EQ

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I could be patient and just wait and see,give this guy a chance to present to me some useful information but i have been through this song and dance hundreds of times and always the same results,mostly nothing.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Raidan_EQRaidan_EQ Member UncommonPosts: 247
    @Utinni

The multiple archetypes was scrapped a long time ago (pretty much with the departure of the first Dev team in 2014/2015) - here’s the link to the current shaman info:

http://www.pantheonmmo.com/classes/shaman/

Based off the current description - I’d think more EQ shaman, but they do still have a pet though (I know EQ did too), so who knows - maybe it will play somewhat like a beastlord - there’s not enough info released to know.